Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rojofiam

Could be proven wrong but I don’t think we hear of this Jassim bloke again in terms of buying a team if he is indeed out of this process.

Of course judging by how football has gone for us over the last twenty years, he’ll buy Liverpool now I’ve said that.
He won't be missed.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Could be proven wrong but I don’t think we hear of this Jassim bloke again in terms of buying a team if he is indeed out of this process.

Of course judging by how football has gone for us over the last twenty years, he’ll buy Liverpool now I’ve said that.
I agree with you, his father was not fond of the idea and before that regarding QTA, he stated that he doesn't see Football and sport in general as good investments at this point in time. People keep ignoring that the man in charge is an actual investor.

Blood Mage

All I hope for now is that those leeches are preparing to leave and won't take any more fecking dividends on their way out of the door. There should be riots if they do.

Roboc7

I might be deluded too but I wondered that

The way the Glazers have handled this whole process I doubt they’ll care about broken assurances to Ineos. If Qatar come in with a higher bid per share I think they’ll still get it. Should know this week if our theory has any merit

I still personally think Ineos will get it, but I have a slight feeling Qatar may yet come back with a last gasp attempt now that they feel like it’s nearly gone
The Qatari’s are just saving face because they’ve lost, we were always going to find out who had won this way. It’s a done deal and just needs board approval next week.

The Qatari’s have had more than enough time and opportunities to submit a much better bid.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I wonder if the final offer of Sir James Arthur Ratcliffe FIChemE will be offering a piece of the merge of Manchester United and INOES franchise to the Glazers in exchange for the remaining % class B stock. In term of business perspective, with INOES taking the shot as majority owner and taking care the sport side of things, and the Glazers will be providing the experience and connections of the commercial side, it will not only benefit the future multi football club group and also the others INOES sport franchise such as the F1 team and the cycling team. It could be a win-win situation for Sir James Arthur Ratcliffe FIChemE and the Glazers, and also the Manchester United fans. If we see the INOES Sport as a whole, we don’t have to suffer the ridiculous management of the Glazers anymore. I think it’s a very creative merger solution if it pulls off.
Thats what I mentioned a few months back.

There is talk that INEOS which many claim here to think its a massive company based on its revenues -- 65Billion but its tiny compared to the Big Oil entities. They will get bought up at some point in the near future.

What I am thinking is that INEOS Sports will get a spunoff from the chemical/oil parts of the business in the medium term. It makes no sense in the long run. Short run it's good for brand awareness and building for the INEOS franchise network. I see Ratcliffe as the Richard Branson of the chemical world. The INEOS organisation is quite loosely connected like Branson's web.

Ratcliffe chemwhateverfeck offers the Glazers shares of that newly spinoff INEOS Sports division in exchange for the United shares at a date in the near future. A multi-sport organisation.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
There was a rumour that if Ratcliffe buys the club, Paul Mitchell will be considered for DoF role. Will be interesting to see what changes will be made on the recruitment side.

NK86

At least if they really do take over the footballing side of things we might see a bit of change? Maybe? I just want to believe that some good can come out of this, because on the surface I’m beyond underwhelmed by the prospect.
How would that look like? So they will allowed to spend United's money without approval from the Glazers even though he only has 25% stake? Does not make sense especially since Glazers still are majority owners.

L1nk

Unless its iron clad that those blood suckers have to sell by a date and for an already agreed price - it wont.
Ratcliffe is a business man he’s not stupid, he did what he did in order to get the Glazers to budge and of course if his intentions are taking over he will have it iron clad in the contract, that’s like business 101. I’m not sure why you all think the contract will just mention 25% of shares and after that they’re just gonna wing it.

Rojofiam

Nice signed Aaron Ramsey, Ross Barkley & Kasper Schmiechel in one window.

The absolute ludicrous way people are talking up Ineos despite living proof they can barely run a decent footballing operation themselves is bordering on corrupt. This 25% nonsense is putrid.
All 3 of those players have been sold just 1 year later. Since that window, they've appointed a new sporting director in Florent Ghisolfi and brought in a new manager in Farioli who was the name said sporting director wanted.

They are definitely learning from their mistakes without blindly throwing money at every issue.

rajds89

The Qatari’s are just saving face because they’ve lost, we were always going to find out who had won this way. It’s a done deal and just needs board approval next week.

The Qatari’s have had more than enough time and opportunities to submit a much better bid.
What is a much better bid though? By all accounts, the Sheik is already bidding way more than what the club is worth. This whole situation stinks of the glazers never really wanting to sell but instead wanted investors and that’s what they’ve got. Nothing is going to change on or off the pitch with Ratboy on the board but it’s cute that so many have convinced themselves otherwise.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
So... From post above thanks to @Woziak.

The mathematics of the sold shares is as follows... Subject to confirmation for sure.

Manchester United total shares 163M.

25% to be sold. That's around 40.75M shares.

1. Price per share $46

2. $1.87M worth of shares to be sold.

3. Glazers have sold

• - 28.25m Class B shares
  • - 1.725m Class A shares

4. Glazers will receive $1.379M for shares sold.

5. Other Class A shareholders will sell 10.78M Shares.

6. Other Class A shareholders will receive $496M for their shares sold.

So Sir Jim was able to offer the Glazers $46 per share while Qataris offered around $34-$36 per share. ( the rumored Double the current share price)

The current Man United share price is around $19/share.
Does this mean Ratcliffe will be buying out the shares of minority share holders? If an average person owns shares in United, will their shares be bought out at $46 per share automatically?

The Urban Goose

Well I for one am glad that the club won't be an asset of Qatar, or anyone linked to Qatar, any time soon.

The Urban Goose

Koldbeer2021

Supports
West Ham
All 3 of those players have been sold just 1 year later. Since that window, they've appointed a new sporting director in Florent Ghisolfi and brought in a new manager in Farioli who was the name said sporting director wanted.

They are definitely learning from their mistakes without blindly throwing money at every issue.
And if there is any club inb the Prem that doesn't need the oil money to be succesful it would be Manchester United. Lets be honest, a debt free Man Utd ran by a board that actually invests more than a packet of crisps value into the facilities/stadium should make more than enough money to be competitive long term.

Newcastle/Man City could only dream of having those sorts of finances pre-takeovers, and its taken Man City 15 years to just about catch up with a Man Utd thats been functioning in many ways with one hand tied behind its back. I'm sure Newcastle will get there eventually as well, and money is now becoming so big in the prem that even super rich owners aren't having quite the same impact they once had and it takes actual football brains not just a thick end of a billion to win (Chelsea are a perfect example of that recently) things. Those days are probably gone for now.

A sugar daddy is nice I'm sure for the short term impact, but owners who invest back and not take billion in dividends and not be totally incompetent should be enough to at least be legitimately able to challenge again down the line.

Rojofiam

I don't know how he has the audacity to tweet that shit out if he considers himself a respectable journalist. Tweeting Qatari PR that shittalks their rival bidder whilst you've never heard any Ineos briefs even mention Qatar or Jassim.

Always had a feeling that this Kaveh guy is a monumental bellend and it feels good to see your gut feelings being proven right. He's probably on their payroll, too. :lol:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Gary Neville has has his say:-

Most of this sounds pretty reasonable from a bloke who was transparently hoping to get his beak wet in the Qatar money.

What the feck is that Disneyland shit, though :lol:

NK86

Does this mean Ratcliffe will be buying out the shares of minority share holders? If an average person owns shares in United, will their shares be bought out at $46 per share automatically?
Interesting to see how the publicly traded shares will behave after this news. Will the major funds be happy to take $46 for now? Does this ensure they will be finally bought out when Ineos finally take majority ownership or they stop at 69% of the B shares and the class A shareholders get screwed?

tomaldinho1

Any dilution of Glazer ownership is positive. At least this story might finally conclude now.

Tarrou

gotta be honest, I never expected him to not win the race

all the talk about selling a minority stake from Jim I assumed was bluster to get Qatar to stump up

the Glazers really are fecking morons turning down 2x market value with all the issues at the club..

I just hope Jim takes full control sooner rather than later

that said.. I wouldn't be surprised to see another twist in the tale

AFC NimbleThumb

Sorry why do you think I like Jim? Where have I said that, or am I just reading your tone totally wrong. Where am I lauding anything? I'm just making a post with my viewpoint. Just seem to be biting at me, when I swear you agreed with my point a few hours ago :lol: this thread is exhausting.
Fair play. I’ve fell into the hole I’ve blasted others for. Criticising Qatar does not equate to pro-Jim. I get lost in this thread too.

I don’t think you can slate the Qatar bid for not meeting the Glazers ‘demands’ though as Ratcliffe is buying 25% of their 69% to become the face of a catastrophe. none many would do that.

Rojofiam

And if there is any club inb the Prem that doesn't need the oil money to be succesful it would be Manchester United. Lets be honest, a debt free Man Utd ran by a board that actually invests more than a packet of crisps value into the facilities/stadium should make more than enough money to be competitive long term.

Newcastle/Man City could only dream of having those sorts of finances pre-takeovers, and its taken Man City 15 years to just about catch up with a Man Utd thats been functioning in many ways with one hand tied behind its back. I'm sure Newcastle will get there eventually as well, and money is now becoming so big in the prem that even super rich owners aren't having quite the same impact they once had and it takes actual football brains not just a thick end of a billion to win (Chelsea are a perfect example of that recently) things. Those days are probably gone for now.
I agree with everything you wrote and I've lost count how many times I've mentioned here that Manchester United should be one of the clubs regularly dunking on these dirty oil clubs, instead of joining them.

It's crazy to think that we could've been competing with the likes of City, Liverpool, Madrid, Bayern, etc. this last decade even under the Glazers if they just went and appointed competent people and put them in charge of footballing decisions. If Ineos do that and also invest into the club on top of that, we will once again inevitably become one of Europe's biggest powerhouses.

Roboc7

What is a much better bid though? By all accounts, the Sheik is already bidding way more than what the club is worth. This whole situation stinks of the glazers never really wanting to sell but instead wanted investors and that’s what they’ve got. Nothing is going to change on or off the pitch with Ratboy on the board but it’s cute that so many have convinced themselves otherwise.
INEOS were bidding more than it’s worth and more per share than Qatar. They’ve been outbid and out manoeuvred by INEOS, people just need to stop clinging to this idea Qatar are going to blow everyone out of the water. SJ bottled it and is now trying to save face,

Status
Not open for further replies.