Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NK86

Yes. It was reported a couple of weeks ago. Merc isnt close to challenging Red Bull but is still profitable.

Familiar ring to it?
I mean with Merc I can at least understand as there is a cost cap beyond which they cannot even spend, so the additional profits can still be given out as dividends. With United that is never going to be the case unless football introduces wage caps.

DevTheRed

Imagine what we could’ve become under the Qataris.. they would’ve taken us right back to the top.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
fecking hell, you lot are miserable bastards about everything aren't you.

MDFC Manager

That’s just made me more angry. Think I’m gonna have to stay out of this thread.
Yes. It was reported a couple of weeks ago. Merc isnt close to challenging Red Bull but is still profitable.

Familiar ring to it?
Well that puts to bed the notion the dividends "is petty change for him". We will soon see if he is Glazers Mk2.
Add in the bare minimum investments into his other sporting ventures (especially the football ones), it doesn't bode well.

But he's a boyhood United fan, so it'll be different here apparently.

Brophs

The One and Only
The man has an agenda and the well-being of our football club is not at the top.

You can argue his gay rights defence is the more important thing but he's clearly biased, as are most of the media clowns who pretend to be objective.
It sounds like you don’t really understand the role or duties of the media.

Nogbadthebad

I look at his past endeavors in sports which have been underwhelming so far. On top of that his company is heavily involved with the Saudis and he was pro brexit. There is nothing about Jim that makes me want him.
Not enough made of this. I get not wanting the sheik, we can all make an educated guess that the money was connected to the government somehwhere down the line with that bid.

But if that is an issue, I don;t understand why anyone would then cheer jim on.

Hes a 'local lad' who has to restrict how many nights he spends in his london home so he can avoid paying UK tax.

His money comes from environmentally disastrous industries, and he is as tight with the Saudi ruling family as Jassim is with the Qataris.

JagUTD

Imagine what we could’ve become under the Qataris.. they would’ve taken us right back to the top.
Makes me sick to imagine what United would be under Qatari ownership. No amount of success, of which they were no guarantee would have changed the uncomfortable truth.

Laurencio

When we look at how they run PSG, I wouldn't be too sure about that. We'd have more immediate cash for infrastructure, but who knows if player recruitment would be smart enough and good enough to compete in the premier league. City and Newcastle have both gone the route of recruiting the very best DOF available, restructuring the club for sporting success and giving the sporting people authority to do what needs to be done, while mostly just bankrolling what they want - PSG has had more meddling and more "star" signings.

Qataris would probably mean more money right now and more investment in Manchester in general, but it was not a guarantee for success.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Oh, guaranteed 100%. They would've moved OT a hundred yards to the North using a big pizza tray and rebuilt the South stand so it had a new capacity of 95k. Billions of people would've flocked from all corners of the known universe to marvel as we won 38 league games in a row, City would've literally exploded up it's own arse in disarray at our splendor, and my hair would've grown back in joy.

Unfortunately we have big Jim, who despite not being through the front door for even a minute has been an unmitigated failure that has doomed us to the Conference League.

Iranians are the ones behind Hamas. Not the Qataris. And besides, what's this bullshit of extensions? Is everyone in Qatar guilty of the acts of their gov't? Then every American is a war criminal by your extension for the illegal war in Iraq.

It's just bullocks what you said.
Have a look where Hamas leadership lives, who is hosting them and keeping them safe. Even before this I never wanted them as I didn't want us to be another sportswashing project.

Anyway, it's over and they've withdrawn.

oreon

Not enough made of this. I get not wanting the sheik, we can all make an educated guess that the money was connected to the government somehwhere down the line with that bid.

But if that is an issue, I don;t understand why anyone would then cheer jim on.

Hes a 'local lad' who has to restrict how many nights he spends in his london home so he can avoid paying UK tax.

His money comes from environmentally disastrous industries, and he is as tight with the Saudi ruling family as Jassim is with the Qataris.
A good portion of billionares have connections/investments from shaddy people. The problem with Sheikh was that it was a state ownership. State ownership should never been allowed in the 1st place by either the FA, FIFA, Premiler league or UEFA. But the so called governing bodies don't really care give a F about the integrity of the sporty. So I like most fans came to accept it and preferred Qatar's bid. State ownership is here to stay, that battle has been lost.
Issue with Jim is same with Glazers, he doesn't have the money to afford it. He's taking over but the debt is still in tact. There's a billion needed from somewhere to properly fix the stadiums and training grounds. Are UTD going to take another loan to finance this, adding again to more strain the books. And what about his investors. They are not here because they're football fans, its an investment for them. At some point the people Jim is partnered with will need to get returns on their investments. Are they going to start pulling out dividends while UTD is paying for the Glazer debt.
Again the governing bodies are useless. No club should be sold to people who can't afford it. There should be a rule where an owner can't finance his purchase with hedge funds or placing debts on the club. The EPL should have their clubs and make sure people who take over it are not going to put heavy financial burdens on the club. We need to hear from Jim on the financial plan.
What's the plan to fully take over the club ? Who is financing that ? Do the people financing the purchase require dividends at some point, how will they get their money back ? What's the plan to clear the debt ? How will you finance fixing the stadium and training facilities ? How much will be be available for transfers each summer ?

JagUTD

Would be interesting if the board vote to reject his deal
Yes, the resulting wave of pro Glazer support from the Qatari Bros would be something else.

Maybe that's been their plan all along, to get some fans onside finally?

sengineer

God you're so dramatic. It's laughable that some people think they actually think they have a say in how things operate or that they have control over a sale deal. Change from a bad situation is good. This is change. We have literally 0 clue on how we will be run, but the new guy prioritizing and demanding sporting control is a pretty big deal for me. As the past 20 years that side has literally been ignored. So if you and the others can remove your heads from Qatar's butthole and let yourself see some logic, you'll see that it's a positive step after we've been stuck in a nightmare situation for a very long time now.

Is it the dream of an uber wealthy businessman with 0 ethical issues, willing to donate billions to renovate the facilities and community, wipe the debt, blow all bidders out the water and make the Glazers an offer they can't refuse and make them accept a sale they don't want to make? No, but if you wanted that then you should come back to reality as that's not a real scenario.

If Ratcliffe takes full control, and operates us normally then I'd be very happy. As that will set us up for success. United doesn't need a sugar daddy. I don't want us to have a sugar daddy. It'd be nice if we can renovate what needs renovating without taking on debt, but it's not a big deal if we need to take on debt and external investments for that. That's a very normal and fair way to operate a football club.
It's admirable that you are so optimistic but a lot of the optimism is based on 'if'. The focus point here should be that the Glazer family have no intention of letting go of their ownership until they have sucked money out of this club for another 10 years. The only path around this was the sale to the Qataris and a higher asking price of $6 billion which they know is ridiculous. I will remain pragmatic and stand firm that as long as the Glazer family have stake in this club; we will remain at the level we are. What I'm referring to is how this club is run at the executive level and not how we play. We may have some small instances of success in games here and there but the underlying truth is exactly what Ragnick pointed out:
- clean out the rot...which includes players, staff and ownership.

Nogbadthebad

Have a look where Hamas leadership lives, who is hosting them and keeping them safe. Even before this I never wanted them as I didn't want us to be another sportswashing project.

Anyway, it's over and they've withdrawn.
Can we stop[ with this ill-informed nonsense.

The Qataris also host the Taliban offices, and they do it because the US and UN want them to, allowing some discourse with these groups where UN representatives can be safe.

Litch

100% with you there. I had personally just hoped it would end up not being any of those two.
Me neither but only less than 1% of people could afford the club and with their profiles, not sure I'd want any of them. People are worried about brand FC, how would they feel with OT being called the Apple or Amazon ground....

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It’ll just be spin mate. Wait and see.

It’s what Ratcliffe does, and people eat it up.

He’s done it throughout the ‘sale’ process itself - ‘put the Manchester back in Manchester Utd’, ffs.

Explaining away why he’s a Chelsea season ticket holder who tried to buy Chelsea.

He did it with Brexit and then fecked off people’s jobs to move his factories elsewhere in order to save a few quid.

It’ll just be blustery, noncommittal spin that proves to be utter bullshit.

It’s what he does. Watch and see - remember this post.
Why don’t you just wait and see before making any sweeping judgments? We don’t know anything about the plans currently.

bstb3

Can anyone please summary this artice and write some general points from it ?

It's not really adding much, just a review of who / what Ineos are and what they might do. In brief:
  • They will look to restructure the footballing side, Arnold and Murtaugh can expect squeaky bum time, but not Ten Hag. Brailsford would be in charge of that restructure.
  • Their analysts have concluded we are crap at buying (gee, who knew)
  • Team is more important than stadium at this point
  • A new hire from France (Jean-Claude Blanc) could replace Arnold & has history with PSG and other sporting ventures
  • Nice were bad, but are turning it around (but only 8 games in) & lessons have been learned
  • No evidence of how funds will be provided for investment in infrastructure
  • Fans will need convincing.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Yep. But at least we can take the moral high ground when we are battling to finish fifth…

MDFC Manager

Can we stop[ with this ill-informed nonsense.

The Qataris also host the Taliban offices, and they do it because the US and UN want them to, allowing some discourse with these groups where UN representatives can be safe.
They also host a US military base, the confused feckers.

JagUTD

Albin Johansson

Yep. But at least we can take the moral high ground when we are battling to finish fifth…
I'd rather do that than supporting a club being owned by the Saudi state/
Even if these are the only two options, I’d take finishing fifth over our club being used for sportswashing.
This applies for me as well. However, hard to tell if the feeling is excitement or just kind of relieved.

FriedClams

It’s very obvious that not a single person In this thread has a clue what they are talking about. That’s why you’re posting on a forum, whilst the billionaires are doing their business in a realm none of us can possibly fathom how it actually works.

arthurka

When you get a mortgage on a house you still renovate the place even though you don’t really own it until you pay off the mortgage. The contract is signed to say you will be the owner. Don’t see this as anything different.
You don't renovate to make it better and more expensive to pay the former owners more money for the house do you? Something doesn't add up, only reasonable variable is that the rest of the shares are at a fixed price.

Denis79

Atleast we can stop hoping for change now. Everything will stay exactly the same and we can enjoy our football however we want from there.

Telsim

It's not really adding much, just a review of who / what Ineos are and what they might do. In brief:
  • They will look to restructure the footballing side, Arnold and Murtaugh can expect squeaky bum time, but not Ten Hag. Brailsford would be in charge of that restructure.
  • Their analysts have concluded we are crap at buying (gee, who knew)
  • Team is more important than stadium at this point
  • A new hire from France (Jean-Claude Blanc) could replace Arnold & has history with PSG and other sporting ventures
  • Nice were bad, but are turning it around (but only 8 games in) & lessons have been learned
  • No evidence of how funds will be provided for investment in infrastructure
  • Fans will need convincing.
The Glazers won't allow either Richard Arnold or John Murtough to be replaced. Both of them are Glazer plants. And they also have the ultimate decision regarding Ten Hag and his replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.