Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The Glazers won't allow either Richard Arnold or John Murtough to be replaced. Both of them are Glazer plants. And they also have the ultimate decision regarding Ten Hag and his replacement.
Depends what is in the contracts. If they put it in there he can make those decisions and that was why he agreed to the deal then surely he can.

The Glazers won't allow either Richard Arnold or John Murtough to be replaced. Both of them are Glazer plants. And they also have the ultimate decision regarding Ten Hag and his replacement.
Erm… the entire deal is based upon INEOS taking over the football operations , every single media outlet is reporting that. So whilst Arnold likely is safe, Murtough, ETH etc absolutely are not.

Pes6Monster

to be honest, watching Mbappe smash in a hat-trick at Anfield would help me forget all that.
I remember you on page 1979, talking up Margaret Thatcher. Figures.

Because he's spent 6 months believing in the Qatari bid and can't let go
Gets worse. He went about denying it was a state bid and implying you were racist if you dared call it out.

Lamentable sour grapes from some of the pro-Qatar state bid crowd. Most are mature (Berbaclass has impressed me) but a few really will not let it go.

DomesticTadpole

The club are restricted by FFP, so there won’t be any major changes in players or staff unless we sell a few players first. ETH is very safe say with 2 years left to run.
I imagine he is pretty ruthless and won't pussyfoot about regarding Sancho etc. Maguire might be safe though and Mc T.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Why don’t you just wait and see before making any sweeping judgments? We don’t know anything about the plans currently.
Yes, let’s wait and see.

However, as we do that I’m not going to lie to myself about what Ratcliffe is or how he’s been proven to operate multiple times over.

If Tony Blair came back to politics and tried to take over Wales, his previous utter bullshit would be immediately referenced by anyone who wasn’t completely brainwashed.

That’s not making ‘sweeping judgements’, it’s just being honest about what someone has factually done - very different things.

Sweeping judgements would be judging an owner due to his / her nationality, or referring to them by their nationality rather than their actual name - e.g ‘the Qataris’, etc.

Denis79

Erm… the entire deal is based upon INEOS taking over the football operations , every single media outlet is reporting that. So whilst Arnold likely is safe, Murtough, ETH etc absolutely are not.
I don't understand how this is supposed to work? So Ineos takes over the footballing side and the money side is controlled by the Glazers? So we'll have 2 horses pulling in two different directions?

Laurencio

Paul Mitchell will be the director of football. They've commented that they learnt from mistakes at Nice - and their huge mistake there was to not get the best people in the door as soon as possible. They wasted 3 years with a poor DOF, a CEO that wasn't compent and a head of recruitment that didn't do a good job. They are not going to do that here. I fully expect a number of people to be replaced as soon as they take over.

Laurencio

I don't understand how this is supposed to work? So Ineos takes over the footballing side and the money side is controlled by the Glazers? So we'll have 2 horses pulling in two different directions?
They only care about making money. This way they get their money and someone else makes decisions that could potentially increase the value of the club. Which they will benefit from when INEOS buys full control in the future.

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
Whinge FC is still going I guess. We’re as bad with new investors as we are with our players.
Delighted at least we aren’t just becoming a state puppet show.
We've only moaned for 10+ years about needing a proper football structure, best in class operators, etc. Now it seems we are moving towards that and people can't cope because they had grown so close to Sheikh Jassim, who seems to be some type of fake AI generated figure with only 2 pictures of him ever taken. :)

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
You don't renovate to make it better and more expensive to pay the former owners more money for the house do you? Something doesn't add up, only reasonable variable is that the rest of the shares are at a fixed price.
The shares will absolutely be at a fixed value I think personally. Ratcliffe wouldn’t agree to it otherwise I wouldn’t think.

lostcauz

I imagine he is pretty ruthless and won't pussyfoot about regarding Sancho etc. Maguire might be safe though and Mc T.
As no other club will match Sancho’s wages, you’re suggesting we will now loan him out until his contract ends or we will have to pay the difference in wages to get him to leave on a permanent deal. Do you think the Glazers sanction that pay off?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
It sounds like you don’t really understand the role or duties of the media.
Please enlighten me. Because I'm pretty sure being fair and even-handed in assessing the separate bids is definitely one of the things I'd expect from a high-calibre publication.

Avoiding the topic of the obvious lack of information around what INEOS will actually do once they take over, compared to the clear and concise plan of the Qatari bid is an obvious double-standard that people like Crafton have conveniently overlooked.

And it's pretty obvious this is not an honest mistake because it's clear he's prioritised his LGBT agenda, which again when he's supposed to be a United reporter, I'd expect equal footing to both topics (even if you think one is more important than the other).

dinostar77

it will be great.

SPORTING: "We want to but striker joe blogs, he'll fit in perfectly with the team".

COMMERICAL: "he doesnt have the right commerical profile, doesnt have enough social media followers. We'd much rather we buy the south korea striker. Technically not as good, but huge following in social media and we would sell alot of merchandise in south korea".

SPORTING:"Errr..no"

COMMERICAL: "Glazers said we are doing it so shut the feck up".

Laurencio

This is where huffing the Qatar pipe leads folks. Denouncing the greatest man in the clubs history as the man who destroyed it.
Damn him and his affection for horses!

The shares will absolutely be at a fixed value I think personally. Ratcliffe wouldn’t agree to it otherwise I wouldn’t think.
Doubt it. Min and Max-price certainly, but there's probably some room for value development.

dave1956

It will be interesting to see if the make up of the management board which consists of the Glazer brothers together with Arnold and Baty and the Board of Directors, consisting of 11 members 6 of which are Glazer family members, changes if Ratcliffe's share bid is successful. I think it could give an indication of how much influence he will have on the clubs future.

Rightnr

Any examples of this being the case?

Or to put it another way, do you expect Everton to become a force on the back of their rather nice new stadium? To clarify I mean a force in the Premier League and not the Football League, in case that wasn't clear :wenger:
A stadium won't make them a superpower the same way having solid foundations won't make a palace out of a house.

But it'll ensure whatever is built on top of the stadium/foundation will be on solid footing and you can always fall back to that foundation.

Arsenal are definitely seeing the benefit of their new stadium and can now spend to compete with City.

Real Madrid's new stadium will be next level from the little I've read and will generate so much money from non-football activities, it'll give them space to compete against the state clubs for players like Bellingham (Mbappe is a rare case of a complete sell-out who cannot be bought by a normal club).

The club are restricted by FFP, so there won’t be any major changes in players or staff unless we sell a few players first. ETH is very safe say with 2 years left to run.
EtH has one more season left after this (June 2025).

ravi2

Paul Mitchell will be the director of football. They've commented that they learnt from mistakes at Nice - and their huge mistake there was to not get the best people in the door as soon as possible. They wasted 3 years with a poor DOF, a CEO that wasn't compent and a head of recruitment that didn't do a good job. They are not going to do that here. I fully expect a number of people to be replaced as soon as they take over.
Replacing the CEO and DOF with seasoned professionals would be great first steps in getting the club back on track, if Jim does this asap it would be encouraging.

Tender Teacher

Which would raise the question of why Ratcliffe doesn't just pay that fixed price now.

Far more likely it will be some horribly complex set of arrangements involving put and call options set as multiples of the share price. We'll really be able to assess Ratcliffe's business mettle when all the details of these arrangements come out.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Which would raise the question of why Ratcliffe doesn't just pay that fixed price now.

Far more likely it will be some horribly complex set of arrangements involving put and call options set as multiples of the share price. We'll really be able to assess Ratcliffe's business mettle when all the details of these arrangements come out.
They don’t want to sell fully right now.

Laurencio

it will be great.

SPORTING: "We want to but striker joe blogs, he'll fit in perfectly with the team".

COMMERICAL: "he doesnt have the right commerical profile, doesnt have enough social media followers. We'd much rather we buy the south korea striker. Technically not as good, but huge following in social media and we would sell alot of merchandise in south korea".

SPORTING:"Errr..no"

COMMERICAL: "Glazers said we are doing it so shut the feck up".
This is not how sporting control works.

The club is mad up of a number of companies.

Alderley Urban Investments Limited
Manchester United Commercial Enterprises (Ireland) Ltd
Manchester United Development Ltd
Manchester United Football Club Limited
Manchester United Foundation Ltd
Manchester United Foundation (Trading) Ltd
Manchester United Interactive Limited
Manchester United Limited
Manchester United Women’s Football Club Limited
MUTV

Essentially sporting control means they are in control of;

At the very least.

Which means they control everything related to those companies. Budgets, staff, structure, etc. There likely won't be anything about the club itself that the Glazers or their management will be involved in, with the exception of boardroom politics.

It will be interesting to see if the make up of the management board which consists of the Glazer brothers together with Arnold and Baty and the Board of Directors, consisting of 11 members 6 of which are Glazer family members, changes if Ratcliffe's share bid is successful. I think it could give an indication of how much influence he will have on the clubs future.
I would think they would have to include Ratcliffe and his INEOS partners.

DomesticTadpole

As no other club will match Sancho’s wages, you’re suggesting we will now loan him out until his contract ends or we will have to pay the difference in wages to get him to leave on a permanent deal. Do you think the Glazers sanction that pay off?
Loan him to Nice. Might help one of Sir Jim's other clubs.

lostcauz

Because he/the glazers don’t want the class A shareholders onto them. This is the only way he can make it work. He will buy up the class A shares when they’re cheap.

dinostar77

This is not how sporting control works.

The club is mad up of a number of companies.

Alderley Urban Investments Limited
Manchester United Commercial Enterprises (Ireland) Ltd
Manchester United Development Ltd
Manchester United Foundation Ltd
Manchester United Foundation (Trading) Ltd
Manchester United Interactive Limited
MUTV

Essentially sporting control means they are in control of;

At the very least.

Which means they control everything related to those companies. Budgets, staff, structure, etc. There likely won't be anything about the club itself that the Glazers or their management will be involved in, with the exception of boardroom politics.

I would think they would have to include Ratcliffe and his INEOS partners.
damn. thats complex.

Laurencio

I guarantee you that the deal enables the Glazers to make more money should the club value reach the heights they believe it will. It's what made them value the club too highly to begin with. They believe it will be worth 10bn in the near future.

Mmm-Qatarian

This is where huffing the Qatar pipe leads folks. Denouncing the greatest man in the clubs history as the man who destroyed it.
Talk of the "destruction" or the "end" of Manchester United is fecking hilarious.

We've probably been in the Champions League almost as much as we haven't post-Ferguson, and won a decent number of trophies with that.

Obviously there have been some rocky spells, and obviously we aren't the imperious force we used to be, but some people need a fecking reality check.

Rightnr

If the price for the remaining shares was fixed, why wouldn't the Glazers just want this cash from selling them in their bank accounts right now?
He's got a point @Berbaclass

Talk of the "destruction" or the "end" of Manchester United is fecking hilarious.

We've probably been in the Champions League almost as much as we haven't post-Ferguson, and won a decent number of trophies with that.

Obviously there have been some rocky spells, and obviously we aren't the imperious force we used to be, but some people need a fecking reality check.
Past performance is not an indicator of future results. The same way we dominated the league the decade before SAF retired and we're terrible in the last decade.

Your argument is the argument of delusion/illiteracy.

Piabetic

Could be proven wrong but I don’t think we hear of this Jassim bloke again in terms of buying a team if he is indeed out of this process.

Of course judging by how football has gone for us over the last ten years, he’ll buy Liverpool now I’ve said that.
I think if they try again they will have to find another front man. They went down the route of "lifelong United Fan" with him so they will just find someone else to be the "lifelong Liverpool fan" or whichever club they may look at.

Tyrion

If some of the clueless Ratcliffe defenders would just read this from Neville, maybe they can start seeing how fecked we are.
It's just Neville questioning things he doesn't know about. It doesn't really prove anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.