Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sampy93

I do find it odd that the other 4 glazers who wanted to sell have caved. Unless Sir Jim has offered an over the odds valuation with a guarantee for full takeover within the next 18 months at an astronomical price (only thing I’m hoping for if it’s him).
Obviously the telegraph covering bases. If by some 1999 miracle Qatar come back into it they can say they were the first to say it.

I’m no financial expert, but what’s stopping SJ keeping the offer he has on the table but then just for the 69% the glazers own?
If he’s pledged $8B, can’t he just look at the long term view that the valuation will go up in years and it ends up being a bargain?

Zora

I still think there are a few twists and turns left before Jim is confirmed. I’ve said it before but I’m convinced there is a third bidder that we don’t know about yet.

JediSith

It will depend on what plans they all have for the money and whether they need huge sums now, seems odd that the 4 that wanted to sell are suddenly happy to stick it out for a few more years because the 2 brothers are throwing their toys about.
Yeah. Not sure if or why they’ve changed their minds. Maybe the fact that Ratcliffe/INEOS will be taking control of the football side of things has persuaded them as they might feel that will act as a barrier between them and any blame if United remain crap. But also maybe they have not. Jassim pulling out has left only Ratcliffe on the table so it needs to get approved or rejected. But usually votes get delayed when someone needs to get people on side.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Nope , no injury time winners or last min bids too much noise and confirmation from all the right places on this one and doubling down from Shiek Jassim that he’s out. It’s over , we now enter the laborious takeover process and phase that will take another 6 months or something stupid.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Nope , no injury time winners or last min bids too much noise and confirmation from all the right places on this one and doubling down from Shiek Jassim that he’s out. It’s over , we now enter the laborious takeover process and phase that will take another 6 months or something stupid.
Yeah, it's done. Not because Qatar won't bid last minute but because the Glazers are cnuts

MrBest

Hmm we was told Thurs there was an announcement, now there will be some thrashing about. What possibly could you thrash around with after 12 months of the same rubbish. Maybe Qatar is back and the delay is for Mr Sheik to increase again. Wishful and hopeless thinking but if I learnt anything about this deal, the impossible is possible and the possible is impossible. Complete mind fudge the whole thing.

No Love

Unsavoury scenes unfold as Avram Glazer is caught moving the decimal point and trying to con Jimbo into spending £1.3 billion on 2.5% of the club.

redshaw

It's possible Jassim sees that his offer is really being discounted and not a bluff and then makes a final attempt. From his side it could've looked like they we're getting duped to overpay but reality is it does cost that much. I suspect he's out though.

With Jim first he'll want to grow his share to a majority first and it doesn't take that much and suits him and the two Glazers right now. I wonder if Jassim could be looking to structure something similar? With what his father said about not liking the investment I feel they had a limit and plan in place and can't really go much more as it becomes very risky.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's possible Jassim sees that his offer is really being discounted and not a bluff and then makes a final attempt. From his side it could've looked like they we're getting duped to overpay but reality is it does cost that much. I suspect he's out though.

With Jim first he'll want to grow his share to a majority first and it doesn't take that much and suits him and the two Glazers right now. I wonder if Jassim could be looking to structure something similar? With what his father said about not liking the investment I feel they had a limit and plan in place and can't really go much more as it becomes very risky.
Nah its done, Jassim has withdrawn and Ratcliffe is in I reckon.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Coming from someone who recruited Schmeichel,Ramsey and Barkley. I rest my case.
This is why I don't trust this guy. All just talk with nothing to show . He will be worse than Glazers
Spending will be massively reigned in.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
So what's next for us, now that the initial shock is over.

We have three major problems:

1. Cost: our wage bill is too high, making our revenues / expenses gap tiny and making it impossible to sign new players we need due to Financial Fair Play restrictions
2. Revenue: there's only that much you can reduce cost. We need to also start making more money
3. Aging/aged infrastructure, both Old trafford and training ground are in bad conditions and inadequate.

Here are my probably controversial thoughts on what we need to do to address these challenges.

Hard Choices

We cannot pretend that these problems do not exist and we are going to start suddenly signing Mbappe or win EPL in the next several years. That ship has sailed with rejecting a billionaire Qatari owner, and it's not clear if even he would have been able to avoid most of the Financial Fair Play restrictions.

Some people say we need to be like Brighton. I would model our behavior more after Newcastle. Even though they did get bought by billionaire owners, due to FFP they didn't immediately start spending a lot. In both Brighton and Newcastle cases, they were looking for unknown, cheaper talent that they believed could grow into greatness, not - ready-made galacticos for high price. The big difference is - once somebody becomes great at Brighton they usually have to sell them. In case of Newcastle, and hopefully United, we can keep great players we have discovered and that should be our strategy.

So with that:

1. Cost: as painful as it is, we should let go everybody whose wage bill is over 200K/week. We simply cannot afford them. And yes, it includes Rashford, Casemiro, Varane. This will be most controversial and many won't like it, possibly including Ten Hag, but we have really no choice if we want to rebuild and ever be great again. Existing wage bill is killing us

Instead we need to make very smart signings of lesser-known players that will play for us for 100-150K/week at most. Or whatever is comparable with how much City and Liverpool are paying on average. Initially - we should pay less.

2. Revenue: clearly we need to sell a lot of players we have today. That's a given. But it won't be enough. We need to also develop new sources of income, be it revised TV deals, digital initiatives or whatever. Somebody needs to become very creative here.

3. Old Trafford and training ground. We need to raise money for these and the only way it can happen is bringing outside investors who will fund renovations without loans to United. For instance, somebody renovates Old Trafford and turns part of its ground into a mega shopping mall :) Something radical like that. Won't be pleasant, but it's better than a leaking Old Trafford.
You seemed to have missed out on one tiny, tiny item which will be an anchor to our club. Some here would say the elephant in the room....

Debt and the payment on it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So you can read between the lines on why him taking a minority share in United won’t mean more money being spent
When did I say more money wil be spent at United?
I am disagreeing with the notion that spending is reigned in. We had our summer of austerity under the Glazers and still spent £170 odd mil.

ScholesyTheWise

Glazers seem to be the most unbearable people on earth when it comes to negotiating with them.
Insufferable cnuts.
Next, they will make water withdraw from making you wet.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Glazers seem to be the most unbearable people on earth when it comes to negotiating with them.
Insufferable cnuts.
Next, they will make water withdraw from making you wet.
Surely a positive for Ratcliffe and his team then? If they can negotiate and succeed with those twats then it shows a steady business mind, which is what we desperately need.

ScholesyTheWise

Surely a positive for Ratcliffe and his team then? If they can negotiate and succeed with those twats then it shows a steady business mind, which is what we desperately need.
One should hope.
I was really really against Qatar and never dedicated much thought to that Ratcliffe fella who challenged them.
don't know what to think of him in the slightest, if I'm honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.