Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pes6Monster

This takeover which isn't a takeover is far too difficult to understand so it must be completely wrong and should be aborted. Full sale only.

lostcauz

Th sentence compared United turnover to INEOS turnover. They then mentioned profits after.
Dont worry, just reread it

Profit for Profit though. United makes about 8% of what Ineos makes in profit so isn’t factually correct

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I am just going to err on the side of viewing him with suspicion until he proves he really is different than the Glazers.
As far as I'm concerned, you're absolutely right to view him with suspicion - I'm 100% with you there.

Even if I'm right, and he isn't doing this for profit (as such, alone, first and foremost), that obviously doesn't mean he'll be a grand owner, or part-owner.

In fact, what I claim is that he's doing it for ego (mainly). Which is hardly very reassuring.

And on a general note, I have absolutely no sympathy for Jim Ratcliffe or his company as such (I have said this before, but it bears repeating).

He’s at that age where it’s all about legacy for JR, nobody remembers a rich petrochemicals owner, much like no-one knew nor cared less about Abramovich pre-Chelsea.

I think retaining the Glazers many, including Ole, believe cares deeply about the club, whilst getting the other leeches fecked off, and INEOS onboard, is a much better scenario than the past 20 years.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Pretty much
Not really. It’s blatantly just nonsense spin - there isn’t even a deal done yet.

Ratcliffe buys clubs - many of them.

He tried to buy Chelsea, last year - if he had succeeded in buying Chelsea, he now wouldn’t be allowed to invest in Man Utd… very odd behaviour for a man ‘brimming with passion’ for Utd and whom isn’t viewing this as a business decision.

Likewise if he truly was swooping in as some kind of skinny Father Christmas figure who wasn’t bothered about making money and passionately just wanted to save Man Utd, he would simply BUY the club, and he certainly wouldn’t be harming the club with this protracted, selfish deal.

The levels of utter delusion on this topic are just incredible.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Not really. It’s blatantly just nonsense spin - there isn’t even a deal done yet.

He tried to buy Chelsea, last year - if he had succeeded in buying Chelsea, he now wouldn’t be allowed to invest in Man Utd… very odd behaviour for a man ‘brimming with passion’ for Utd and whom isn’t viewing this as a business decision.

Likewise if he truly was swooping in as some kind of skinny Father Christmas figure who wasn’t bothered about making money and passionately just wanted to save Man Utd, he would simply BUY the club, and he certainly wouldn’t be harming the club with this protracted, selfish deal.

No. I’m not delusional. Pretty much everything that gets said is now dismissed instantly as “PR”

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

I think it's clear the Glazers didn't want to sell right now. So saying he'd just walk in and buy the club if he can wanted is particularly delusional. A state came in a failed with it for fecksake :lol:

Worth noting he went in for Chelsea before he got wind of United being for sale. Hes 70 and not exactly got time on his hands to wait for us being available.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
As far as I'm concerned, you're absolutely right to view him with suspicion - I'm 100% with you there.
No need of suspicion brother..

Glazers are still around.
Debt will not be cleared.
Infrastructure modernization is not on the cards.

Just those 3 issues are genuine concerns leave alone suspicion of how he will handle football matters control.

dave1956

if he does manage to get his deal through, it will be I believe mean that he will have 3 football clubs to financially support. As rich as he supposedly is that is a large financial commitment.

MDFC Manager

Even if I'm right, and he isn't doing this for profit (as such, alone, first and foremost), that obviously doesn't mean he'll be a grand owner, or part-owner.

In fact, what I claim is that he's doing it for ego (mainly). Which is hardly very reassuring.

And on a general note, I have absolutely no sympathy for Jim Ratcliffe or his company as such (I have said this before, but it bears repeating).
Completely get your point, but just wondering what you make of Jim and Toto Wolff sharing a £75m dividend, upon Mercedes F1 recording ~110m pre tax profits?

Because if he does the same at United, it would be the same as Glazers, which we end up despising every year already.

GoldanoGraham

1. Yes, INEOS will obviously be on the board, but they do not have a majority on the board.
2. You seem to be assuming that the 3-man committee would take over responsibilities that currently rest with the board. Why would that be the case?
3. Are you seriously arguing that reporting to - and getting directions from - a 3-man committee composed of at least two distinct factions, present on two different continents and of whom none are devoting more than a fraction of their time to United, is a more streamlined and efficient arrangement than reporting to Arnold who then deals with the majority owner on the issues that are beyond his remit? And who is even reporting and getting the direction? Murtough is DOF, but it does not appear that all strands of the football operation end up squarely with him. Arnold seems to deal with him as well as EtH and the heads of other departments. It's not just about which persons get a bigger say and if that's good or bad, it's also a question of structure and clear lines. And this is the opposite of that.
Don’t think you quite understand what I’ve been saying.

Also you seem to have an inherent belief that the Glazers want to be enemy’s with Ineos and want to repel everything they want.

How about they want to bring on board new investment that takes on the sporting side as they realise they ain’t that good at it? Maybe they want to work with Ineos on this front?

Nobody wants Glazers but they don’t seem to get the message. New investment, new ideas that may help grow their investment they are interested in.

Maybe they are trying to change the sporting process as they realise it hasn’t been great? Everyone seems to think these guys are idiots - they are not - they want the best for their investment?

Maybe, just maybe, they think adding in a new stakeholder and invested partner this can help propell the club forward?

Im no Glazer fan - want them gone - but just look at the reasons why and the thought process for them to get this decision?

They are prepared to take on external input, just not give it all up. Jim and his team wouldn’t entertain what’s gone on before. If, and I think it’s still a big if, they go ahead with Ineos, then they are also prepared to change direction. That’s means change to what’s gone on before.

arthurka

Finally asthma inhalers and the good shit Gatorade. Watch out PED Pep we are coming for you.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Some reds won’t like that the United stand got that exclusive, which really is funny.

Hope we get more through them .

RedRocket9908

Is Paul Mitchell actually any good for the role he has been linked with? Has he actually been succesfull anywhere he has been previously?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
BS, when did we make £140m in profit per year?
Manchester United also raised its adjusted profit forecast to between 140 million pounds and 150 million pounds for the year, compared with its previous forecast of between 125 million pounds and 140 million pounds.

JagUTD

Just a random 4 beers in thought...

What if the Glazers prefer not to sell at this moment because it's safer to keep their money in an asset like United over a bank or many other investments?

Last season there were quite a few examples of people looking to invest or takeover English clubs, particularly Americans as it was seen as a safe place to put their money. So could that explain why the Glazers prefer not to sell right now?

nainaisson

Can you post it? Its behind a paywall.
Here's the gist of it:
United supporters had been clamoring for fresh investment. But Ratcliffe’s arrival hardly guarantees success. In fact, it almost suggests the opposite.

For all of his lavish spending across the sports universe, his cycling team hasn’t won the Tour de France since becoming Team Ineos. Mercedes hasn’t claimed an F1 drivers’ championship since Ineos bought in. And despite Ratcliffe’s best efforts, one of the longest losing streaks in sports still remains intact: no British boat has ever won the America’s Cup.

FujiVice

Is Paul Mitchell actually any good for the role he has been linked with? Has he actually been succesfull anywhere he has been previously?

He's better than someone not being qualified to do the job. Which has been the last 10 years in the Old Trafford offices.

MDFC Manager

Just a random 4 beers in thought...

What if the Glazers prefer not to sell at this moment because it's safer to keep their money in an asset like United over a bank or many other investments?

Last season there were quite a few examples of people looking to invest or takeover English clubs, particularly Americans as it was seen as a safe place to put their money. So could that explain why the Glazers prefer not to sell right now?
Yes that line of thought is certainly plausible, i think I mentioned it earlier too.

They probably know they're shite at investing and unless they got an insane full bid, they always only intended a minority investment.

Unfortunately that also leads me to believe they'll not be selling out completely at any point in the future either. We'll just have to hope that Jim is benevolent and competent enough to lead the club (assuming they'll have sporting control).

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Not sure what idiot would want to come in and work under such a complicated org structure.

He would need to get decisions approved by two counter-opposing sides whose long term objectives maybe different.
What the Glazers wants versus Ratcliffe wants will clash at some point.

lex talionis

It’s really hard to see what fundamentally improves in terms of how the club is run under the knighted one.. Maybe, just maybe, our transfer strategy is better thought out, so no more wasted funds on players like Sancho, Antony and Onana, and although that’s no small matter that seems to be about it.

Mainoldo

Not sure what idiot would want to come in and work under such a complicated org structure.

He would need to get decisions approved by two counter-opposing sides whose long term objectives maybe different.
What the Glazers wants versus Ratcliffe wants will clash at some point.
He worked for Daniel Levy. I mean…. I’m sure he’d be fine.

Amir

Here's the gist of it:
Some of it is really superficial. Ineos are hardly the reason Mercedes stopped winning, and while the cycling team has obviously been left behind - because of the very special Pogacar and a terrific Jumbo-Visma - there's more to the sport than just the Tour de France.

lex talionis

Ultimately regardless of the Glazers, Jim or Qatar the debt will remain with seemingly no promises in writing to pay it off. Jim has no incentive to pay it off while he only owns 25%. That's why the club is fecked. Once the new FFP rules come into play we are going to be seriously hampered by it. Regardless of what outcome you wanted this is simply a fact.
Agreed, that we’re completely fekked with or without Sir Jim. But was it not the case that the Qatari bid included a commitment to clear the Glazer debt?

Rhyme Animal

This is a clusterfeck
Too much bureaucracy and too many stakeholders, efficient organisations are lean and agile.
Doomed to fail this.
I’m fine with Jim, reckon he’s got good intentions, experience of running a football club, appointing the right people etc but the Glazers will definitely feck this up
How odd… you’re arguing two completely different points, quoting yourself, yet both from the same profile / account.

What gives?

Rhyme Animal

Ultimately regardless of the Glazers, Jim or Qatar the debt will remain with seemingly no promises in writing to pay it off. Jim has no incentive to pay it off while he only owns 25%. That's why the club is fecked. Once the new FFP rules come into play we are going to be seriously hampered by it. Regardless of what outcome you wanted this is simply a fact.
Agreed, that we’re completely fekked with or without Sir Jim. But was it not the case that the Qatari bid included a commitment to clear the Glazer debt?
Jassim pledged - publicly and clearly - that he would immediately remove the debt the Glazers have crippled Utd with.

AFC NimbleThumb

Exactly.

This deal does not invest in the club.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
This is a clusterfeck
Too much bureaucracy and too many stakeholders, efficient organisations are lean and agile.
Doomed to fail this.
I’m fine with Jim, reckon he’s got good intentions, experience of running a football club, appointing the right people etc but the Glazers will definitely feck this up
Hm, interesting indeed. Forgot to change accounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.