Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I'm not a fan of a new minority stake holder being advertised like that, like he's a new signing or something. Seems tacky. Gimicky. Pretty reflective of our characteristics as a club these days I suppose.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Oh dear…..

Some people have no imagination.
Could have used one of the posters on your bedroom wall. You’ve even got loads of wallpaper paste over them already

Rojofiam

I'm not a fan of a new minority stake holder being advertised like that, like he's a new signing or something. Seems tacky. Gimicky. Pretty reflective of our characteristics as a club these days I suppose.
I don't think this is was made by the club.

redIndianDevil

Those of you that accuse him of this don't seem to realize that the only way for him to make a significant amount of money from this club is by success on the pitch and heavy infrastructural investment. Whether you think his intention is money or footballing success, they sort of go hand in hand.
What did I accuse him of? He is just another Glazer there is no doubt in that. He is going make the club profitable just like Glazers did so far. Whether he is smart enough to appoint proper people who know football is the question. Personally I think he will do much better than the Glazers(post Fergie) but then the bar is so low even normal decisions will look out of the world genius to us.

FortunaUtd

I'm sure multi-billionaire Ratcliffe is after United so that he can take his 10-20 million yearly dividends out. :lol:

For United to be a profitable thing for him, he'll have to pour money into it for at least a decade and also make sure that we are successful on the pitch...and even this is a highly unlikely scenario, because there are way better investments he and Ineos can make for less money, less risk and higher returns in a shorter amount of time.

71 year old Ratcliffe wants to buy a 6 billion pound asset, so that he can sell it for 10 billion when he's 85? Or he's gonna take yearly dividends so that he can make 15% of his current net worth by the time he's 120 years old? Solid logic there, guys. Like I've said at least 5 times in this thread, you gotta be really dumb to assume Ratcliffe wants to "leech" off the club.
How do you reckon one becomes a multi-billionaire?

Constable Odo

Definitely not by pumping billions into Manchester United for a few million back each year.

Seems obvious Ratcliffe is in sports now for a sporting legacy rather than making profit. That alone gives me some hope.

Rojofiam

What you are hinting at is irrelevant. And I didn't claim that the only thing he cares about is taking United back to the top.

The point I've been trying to make for months regarding Ratcliffe's possible intentions is that a guy with a 30bn net worth won't do what the Glazers have done: let the club rot without a care in the world and not investing a single cent, whilst taking money out of the club annually...because those potential profits are a drop in the bucket for him, especially if the club doesn't get any investment or success on the pitch in the near future. So the short-term gains are so small that it's completely irrelevant for him...and if he wants long-term gains, there has to be significant investment into the club and success on the pitch...which is what we all want.

The bolded part is what the brainwashed idiots don't understand who say "7th Glazer", "leech", etc. because they have 0 understanding of why that's almost an impossible scenario, and can't accept the fact that state-ownership is thankfully off the table for the foreseeable future. :)

Anustart89

Apologies if this has been mentioned in any of the previous 2386 pages but is there any possibility the minority stake Jim is buying might be an attempt to get around the multiple club ownership rules?
Probably more likely that the two main stooges never wanted a full sale.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
It says who paid for it..
You have to click and expand it in another window.
Thanks Gents. Too lazy to click the tweet/link. That makes more sense now. :wenger:

I was properly staring at his hand like it was a magic eye picture or something trying to work out the hidden meaning ffs. It’s been a long week, I need a beer…. :nervous:

putzmcgee123

Is there a way we can organize a live stream where we get the Sheikh, Jimmy B, Joel, and Avram in a room together where they read and react to a "best of" from the 2387 glorious pages of this thread?

ddg01

If SJR gave two hoots about United he would walk away. No VC or PE is coming in, let the Glazers rot and let a decent owner pick the club up for a fraction of the price in a couple of years (double bonus the Glazers will get a penny in the pound for their shares) Yes things will get worse but once we hit rock bottom we will have a clean slate without the billions of debt SJR is going to saddle us with (via a holding co).

Status
Not open for further replies.