Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telsim

Bets on when we get the next PR drop? Maybe we get one half tomorrow and then the other half on Monday?

Just two more weeks, don't you worry.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Bets on when we get the next PR drop? Maybe we get one half tomorrow and then the other half on Monday?

Just two more weeks, don't you worry.
"Manchester United are fast tracking the Ratcliffe deal and ensuring that it is completed before the start of the summer transfer window in 2025."

oz insomniac

This nightmare started with an argument about the ownership of a horse, for some reason the EPL allowed a leveraged buyout by a family of shopping mall owners using the club itself as security.
Since then , sovereign funds have bought several clubs changing the landscape and ultimately the biggest club in the world suffered though incompetence and a buyout since revoked that allowed the takeover.
The Glazer/Woodward ownership model would not be allowed now, and here we are, currently being abused by an ownership model since declared close to illegal . The EPL should grow a set and force the Glazers to abide by the rules currently in force, the current situation is untenable and a blight on the game and the EPL hierarchy.
The EPL has overseen the decline in Old Trafford and training facilities , coupled with a transfer policy close to incompetent! All the time looking at the huge attendance figures with little thought as the possibly the once best supported club in the world disintegrates before their eyes.

Pes6Monster

This nightmare started with an argument about the ownership of a horse,
It didn't.

The Glazers already began aggressively investing long before this became an issue.

Cubic even increased their shares when countersuing Ferguson.

It took a whole year from the case's out of court conclusion to Cubic selling up, primarily because the Glazers were by then well in the ascendancy.

Nothing but greed all round, chief. The horse narrative is just Football365 hokum, a good reminder to never attribute to malice what is explained by avarice.

Also, ae should be grateful Cubic were bought out. Who the hell wants to remove Alex Ferguson from Man United, especially to satiate personal spite? Even the Glazers aren't so stupid.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Just a terrible, terrible performance by INEOS and Rathcliffe. They really shouldnt get anywhere near Man UNited. It takes them 14 months to buy a simple stake then itll take them 4 centuries to get a new manager and players. INEOS wil be the downfall of Man United. We wil relegate. I want INEOS OUT!! GO AWAY!! And get some decent buyer, a Don Draper REAL MAN that GET THINGS DONE! Glazers did us a favor not selling to these inept, erectile disfuctioning lot. My opinion.
I think you need to calm down and breath before you post. You won't get promoted this way.

oz insomniac

It didn't.

The Glazers already began aggressively investing long before this became an issue.

Cubic even increased their shares when countersuing Ferguson.

It took a whole year from the case's out of court conclusion to Cubic selling up, primarily because the Glazers were by then well in the ascendancy.

Nothing but greed all round, chief. The horse narrative is just Football365 hokum, a good reminder to never attribute to malice what is explained by avarice.

Also, ae should be grateful Cubic were bought out. Who the hell wants to remove Alex Ferguson from Man United, especially to satiate personal spite? Even the Glazers aren't so stupid.
Perhaps the horse narrative is too far, but the Glazers are stupid in a sense .Rewarding the village idiot of football, Woodward, with almost complete control is the definitive description of football stupid, and allowing Old Trafford to decay in front of them could be added.

Doesn’t resile from the fact they should never have been allowed to use the model they did to buy the club, the ePL can add that to the multitude of things they failed at.

Marcelinho87

Perhaps the horse narrative is too far, but the Glazers are stupid in a sense .Rewarding the village idiot of football, Woodward, with almost complete control is the definitive description of football stupid, and allowing Old Trafford to decay in front of them could be added.

Doesn’t resile from the fact they should never have been allowed to use the model they did to buy the club, the ePL can add that to the multitude of things they failed at.
Hiring Woodward is only stupid because you’re looking at it from a football fan perspective.

From their perspective he made many, many lucrative deals for the club and did exceptionally well at his job.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Hiring Woodward is only stupid because you’re looking at it from a football fan perspective.

From their perspective he made many, many lucrative deals for the club and did exceptionally well at his job.
Nah. He hemorrhaged hundreds of millions of pounds over his tenure. Our enormous growth in revenue and on the commercial side were in line with the general growth in European football over the same time period.

K stand Red

The Manchester United squad visited an orphanage
"It's really sad to see their faces with no hope" said Britney aged six

Pes6Monster

Perhaps the horse narrative is too far,
Ah, come on, don't 'perhaps' me!

Absolutely correct, man, and thank you for teaching me the word 'resile'.

The Manchester United squad visited an orphanage
"It's really sad to see their faces with no hope" said Britney aged six
The old ones are the worst.

Kingofwinners

I do worry this deal just prolongs the dysfunction in the ownership model, it gives a bit of a bail out to the Glazers when their incompetence is starting to look unsustainable.

if the deal is not signed INEOS should be reopening valuations etc. The last month has been terrible all round, squad needs major change, obvious several players are not worth the big salaries and will be tricky to move. No European football etc. Even if INEOS still want in they should be using this threat to force a speedy conclusion.

If not they (INEOS) are either not interested in closing quickly or they can’t play hardball with Glazers even when they have leverage. I hope it’s the first, cos if it’s the second then we are in for more of the same for years.

Chumpsbechumps

The most worrying thing about this is that if INEOS don’t find a way to improve how the club is being run, it’s the final nail in United as a super club on field. It’s hard to imagine them running things worse but it’s probably possible.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
The most worrying thing about this is that if INEOS don’t find a way to improve how the club is being run, it’s the final nail in United as a super club on field. It’s hard to imagine them running things worse but it’s probably possible.
To expect them to be flawless and not make mistakes along the way is probably unrealistic, but they will at least have a focus on the sporting interests of the business and an understanding that winning football matches is the clubs main priority. That has to be better, does it?

Chumpsbechumps

To expect them to be flawless and not make mistakes along the way is probably unrealistic, but they will at least have a focus on the sporting interests of the business and an understanding that winning football matches is the clubs main priority. That has to be better, does it?
You would think that actually giving a f**k about on field performances , focusing on having a professsionally managed football infrastructure focusing on excellence and making changes to improve on it would be better then letting your banker mate just do whatever they want and throwing good money on top of bad.

I really don’t think that given the money spent , that the glazers run United has been the absolute worst. I don’t think it could have been run worse. The spending hid the incompetency as how could it not.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
the way this is going I won’t expect anything until Feb and if it’s delayed till then why not wait until the summer for a “clean break”.

Nothing absolutely nothing this side of Xmas.

spiriticon

Is Sir Jim coming or not? Or we still at the 'monitoring the situation' phase?

This club is simply not serious.

Juicy Juiced

the way this is going I won’t expect anything until Feb and if it’s delayed till then why not wait until the summer for a “clean break”.

Nothing absolutely nothing this side of Xmas.
Maybe they are suprised with our shit season and and they want clean break.
And who would love to be associated with season like this. So if is that's reason, can't blame them.

GoldanoGraham

This saga is keeping ETH in his job.

There won’t be any change to anything while this is going through…..however long that takes, Glazers don’t seem to care about on pitch dramas - and then it will be over to Jim.

on the plus side - his team, if they didn’t know already, have got a lot to get sorted quickly.

The biggest worry though is it looks like we are going to miss the Jan transfer window so god knows how we will be looking come the end of Jan.

Jim and his team are now our only hope of some form of redemption. How the mighty have fallen.

putzmcgee123

Do we need Brailsford if we want to go down this route? Onana knows some people...
True, but Dave has a better track record at getting away with it. :lol: Even so, Man Utd players can expect to see a shocking spike in "random" drug tests.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
What is your source saying reg timelines?
He hasnt had any info from INEOS in some time and the other guy I havent seen since May,
One thing he said though is that Brailsford is poison and will absolutely make a mess of it all if hes involved.

bleedred

I hope the deal fails because of our current on field problems. Would serve the glazers right

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
Wanting to win and being able to win are two separate things, especially with the parasite glaziers still having a controlling say in finances.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
Jim and his team are now our only hope of some form of redemption. How the mighty have fallen.
Yep, hoping and praying for this far fetched minority stake plan to work out is desperate as hell, but it’s all we got. I can’t believe how far this club has fallen.

Plant0x84

Wanting to win and being able to win are two separate things, especially with the parasite glaziers still having a controlling say in finances.
On this point - if he wants to SJR can over ride the Glazers and put his money in, right? So if the sporting division wants something like a player acquisition that JG won’t sanction he could do it himself? Especially as the three man board is Jim, Brailsford and JG? Surely they just outvote him? Can anybody confirm my understanding of this?

Plant0x84

Talk of the devils podcast (Mitten/Whitwell/Anka) saying that it’s the situation around Nice, and what should happen if we both qualify for Europe that is the delaying factor at this point. I think INEOS are working out the legalities of that situation.

Plant0x84

Just to clear up because I don’t think this has been made clear - in May the PL lowered its threshold for ‘control’ down from 30% to 25% which confirms that INEOS/Sir Jim will be subject to the OADT. Once ratified the deal will be subject to a 6-8 week process which is not expected to cause any problems.
https://www.premierleague.com/news/3124956
It does throw a spanner as far as the January window is concerned however.

Seven Seas Sardines

Talk of the devils podcast (Mitten/Whitwell/Anka) saying that it’s the situation around Nice, and what should happen if we both qualify for Europe that is the delaying factor at this point. I think INEOS are working out the legalities of that situation.
So it's taken them a full year to realise this? Not really a good first impression is it?

Rojofiam

Was it Whitwell who claimed this?

Status
Not open for further replies.