Status
Not open for further replies.

Waynne

So is it going to be

Blanc - CEO
Ashworth - Director of Football
Mitchell - Head of Recruitment

what a monumental upgrade that is.
Yes this is where the change needs to start. Screw everything else. Get this right and the rest falls into place.

We will be a very diffirent outfit in a few years if the above pans out.

hobbers

Going from Woodward/Arnold and Murtough to Blanc and Ashworth could be as impactful as going from Moyes to Guardiola.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Does Ratcliffe have any track record of being good on the football side or people just happy he's not called Glazer?
There's a big gap between being proven and being as bad as the Glazers. Vast majority of owners are disliked but are far better than the Glazers. Most mediocre owners would still have us as a top club in good shape because they at least try to make things work, while the Glazers literally did not care in the slightest to fix any mistake they made.

Zora

There is an irony to this post when you’ve invested a lot of your 213 posts in trying to discredit @Berbaclass, constantly sniping and name calling, getting personal and tagging him, derailing this thread with nonsense when all he actually does is share information and keep this thread moving with relevant tweets. (And no, they are not all muppetiers and he has never stated he believes them all word for word)
Maybe you might benefit from a thread ban. I think the rest of us would certainly benefit if you were.
@Berbaclass is full of shite and pollutes this thread with Tweets from old slopey head because he helps him run the Muppetiers discord and you’re an annoying Tory who was crying to me in PMs when you were thread banned saying that the mods here are nazis and that everyone is a “left wing woke crybaby at RedCafe.”

Your words, not mine! :lol:

I’ll take the ban, this place is shite anyway - who still uses forums that resemble a website from 2006 anyway? Real Boomer stuff, see you on Reddit.

Good night!

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Ashworth I can get behind because he is someone who I wanted us to get as DoF when he was overseeing the England youth teams as head of football. My posts from around 5 years ago are still on here.

I would go with Brentford's Lee Dykes to run the recruitment department, I think he's someone that has got a clear idea on developing teams for the chosen manager/head coach and then applies the data to the method in question. And this is the position that many of you wanted and mistook it for the role of the DoF. This is a crucial position for any recruitment structure.

Fridge chutney

@Berbaclass is full of shite and pollutes this thread with Tweets from old slopey head because he helps him run the Muppetiers discord and you’re an annoying Tory who was crying to me in PMs when you were thread banned saying that the mods here are nazis and that everyone is a “left wing woke crybaby at RedCafe.”

I’ll take the ban, this place is shite anyway - who still uses forums that resemble a website from 2006 anyway? Real Boomer stuff, see you on Reddit.

Good night!
The place is by your own admission "shite" but you sign up, engage, stalk specific posters, and have a weird meltdown when people don't agree with you and then declare that you're leaving... as if anyone cares.

That is totally normal behaviour!

MDFC Manager

Good night!
To be fair, a rage quit like that belongs in 2006

CallyRed

Good night!
Well that escalated

pascell

Good night!
Cheers @Son crying

Hal9000

Many people on Twitter waking up to the fact that big forehead Muppetier fellow is full of shite now.

https://x.com/cryptolord444/status/1737228808590152143?s=46

People even questioning pilib de brown on why he does a podcast with that chancer now, too.

I’m amazed it has taken this long for people to realise that J Roades is full of BS but there we go.
Fair play to the lad, somehow turned being a mod on subreddit to a nice little earner for him.

I kept calling him out for on Reddit and so did a few others and he eventually left for his discord.

Cloud7

This Ashworth stuff is really exciting. Man it makes this waiting for this to get over the line all the more agonizing

Cloud7

Good night!
Top class meltdown

There should be a thread that collects all the top meltdowns of the year

Eugenius

There's a big gap between being proven and being as bad as the Glazers. Vast majority of owners are disliked but are far better than the Glazers. Most mediocre owners would still have us as a top club in good shape because they at least try to make things work, while the Glazers literally did not care in the slightest to fix any mistake they made.
He already owns his own football club, I'm not really seeing any ringing endorsement of his set up at Nice.

Tarrou

Does Ratcliffe have any track record of being good on the football side or people just happy he's not called Glazer?
just happy he's not a Glazer and at least he has a great track record in business

I'm not very hopeful but it would be really hard to be as shit as they are, so there's that

GreatDane

This Ashworth stuff is really exciting. Man it makes this waiting for this to get over the line all the more agonizing
It is. Don't think I've been this impatient to just get this shite season over with while bleeding in some youths and see what the next summer window and season brings under a better structure.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters

Good night!
This is so funny and so toxic and somehow I just respect the heck out of it

Eugenius

just happy he's not a Glazer and at least he has a great track record in business

I'm not very hopeful but it would be really hard to be as shit as they are, so there's that
My biggest fear is he's just adding to the soup of footballing mess around the club. All the stuff on his proposed changes seems very random. Nothing coherent like the City strategy of get a manager and DoF with the same football philosophy and recruit players that fit.

The Glazers aren't bad business people - they bought the club for £800m (on leverage) and selling are a quarter for £1.5bn or whatever it is. They're just crap football people.

Tarrou

My biggest fear is he's just adding to the soup of footballing mess around the club. All the stuff on his proposed changes seems very random. Nothing coherent like the City strategy of get a manager and DoF with the same football philosophy and recruit players that fit.

The Glazers aren't bad business people - they bought the club for £800m (on leverage) and selling are a quarter for £1.5bn or whatever it is. They're just crap football people.
yeah, it's a recipe for disaster with them staying on

on your second point Malcolm Glazer bought United. These cnuts just inherited it.

Gordon Godot

It wasnt the current owners who bought the club, it was the old man and he's gone. Vulture capitalists who load assets with debt to make money are in my book greedy C@@ts and not good businessmen. The absolute shambles at United from the state of OT to the billion plus wasted on transfers and salaries underlines that. Bringing people with proven experience in running football clubs and recruitment teams is a massive step forward. The Glazers are in fact v dumb in appointing a banker (i.e. well paid salesman) to run a football club, and then when he finally goes appoint his junior to do the job. Its gob smacking ineptitude on their part.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Good night!
Goodness me!

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

Good night!
Triggered much :lol:

Go to bed lad, you’re drunk :wenger:

Oranges038

Ashworth I can get behind because he is someone who I wanted us to get as DoF when he was overseeing the England youth teams as head of football. My posts from around 5 years ago are still on here.

I would go with Brentford's Lee Dykes to run the recruitment department, I think he's someone that has got a clear idea on developing teams for the chosen manager/head coach and then applies the data to the method in question. And this is the position that many of you wanted and mistook it for the role of the DoF. This is a crucial position for any recruitment structure.

Seems like a good structure, the point Utd would be missing is all the proprietary data sets that Brentford use. They're going to have some, but is it going to be as in depth as what Brentford have access to.

putzmcgee123

Still no "official update" from the media that it has been delayed until the new year? We all know it's coming today or tomorrow, with the picture of Jim looking like a tourist outside of Old Trafford and the usual lecture about how cOmPlEx this transaction is.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Good night!
Blimey, with how many posters you managed to get in fight? What is up with new newbies and that aggressive stand?

Oh...you got your ban. Nevermind. :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He already owns his own football club, I'm not really seeing any ringing endorsement of his set up at Nice.
He's had a learning curve as anyone would have to but kept making changes and adapting until finding a better balance. Seems fair to me. Mistakes are allowed, you have to be able to work through them

Mainoldo

Let’s also not get lost on who we are too. Whoever is leading this ideal knows what scope they are operating in. Not like Chelsea have done. Who should be playing for Manchester United and who should be playing for Brighton - Brentford is totally different and we need someone who also has that mindset.

We want them to clearly be able to drive decisions which making sure we chose Touchameni from Monaco and not Enzo Fernandes from River Plate which I think our fans really don’t understand. There’s a big difference and also can be very costly is done wrong.

FortunaUtd

Good night!
9/10 meltdown, I enjoyed that. A bit short but very concise.
Top class meltdown

There should be a thread that collects all the top meltdowns of the year
That would be nice.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

Good night!
Now we know the posters that like to get into DM with newbies.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Good night!
Literally you until we had to kick you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.