Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nori-

I feel sick to my stomach, we had a once in a lifetime opportunity to be owned by some of the richest people on the planet.

It could have been a fast track to the best of everything...stadium, training faiclities, squad, staff etc.

Instead we now have "local lad" Jim who probably has a 10+ year plan which isnt certain to suceed, all while our rivals keep getting better.

The worst part is, Qatar will now likely buy a rival club, do a newcastle with them and thats one more team we have to compete with for a top four place, let alone a title.

This isnt to blame any of the fans, it was out of our hands - but it's all just very fecking depressing.

united for life

If investment is coming in I’d want a proper job being done. You’re accepting mediocrity on day 1 well done
Banter aside - i accept any sort of investment at this stage mate. The club is hitting a new low by the day. 1/5 food quality. Manchester United!

at this stage having some sort of investment, though not enough to have a full overhaul, is better than nothing. Steps in the right direction given there has been no investment in the football club for years.

Red_Aaron

Pleased something is finally happening and excited to see how the football shake up will manifest. No doubt it'll be the summer before we see any discernable changes in recruitment strategy but hopefully we'll get the necessary back room staff in place very quickly to facilitate that happening

Castia

Banter aside - i accept any sort of investment at this stage mate. The club is hitting a new low by the day. 1/5 food quality. Manchester United!

at this stage having some sort of investment, though not enough to have a full overhaul, is better than nothing. Steps in the right direction given there has been no investment in the football club for years.
Im happy with the footballing change. Surely it can’t get worse than we had with first Woodward then the clowns who are there now but everything else looks worse case scenario for me

Skeptical is an understatement I’ve had to turn sky sports news off I’m fuming.

The guy is knows for making investments then just plodding along, he’s delighted with his 25% believe me.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Shower thought #1: The statement says it is Ratcliffe that is buying the shares, while INEOS will take over football control.

Shower thought #2: The statement of Ratcliffe buying 'up to 25%' of Class A shares is strange. Very deliberately worded differently than the simply 'buying 25% of Class B shares'. I presume it's because Class A is owned by other parties so it's reliant on those people agreeing to sell, but then again what actually limits him only buying 25%? Or will they be issuing 25% new Class A shares that he can choose to buy?

Shower thought #3: I wonder if the Glazer siblings are all selling equally (ie. they are all selling 25% of what they own), or if some are selling more, or even all, of what they own while others (most likely Joel and Avram) sell less.
Your presumption is correct. They have to accept his tender offer, which they would be stupid not to do since it comes at a significant premium to the share price.

Lord of Blackhaven

The beginning of the end of Glazer ownership. The first dilution in 18 years. A great, great day. Unfortunately this place is full of instant gratification, petro state apologist children. Some people can find the negative in anything.

Castia

Who says it's going towards Old Trafford. I grant you this, $300m wont touch the surface at Old Trafford, however thats a pretty big amount of money when you look at renovating Carrington for first team, womens and juniors
That’s fair let’s say we build the best training facility possible thats a good start but where does the stadium money come from? It needs addressing and Jim ain’t paying for it with his measly 25%

united for life

I feel sick to my stomach, we had a once in a lifetime opportunity to be owned by some of the richest people on the planet.

It could have been a fast track to the best of everything...stadium, training faiclities, squad, staff etc.

Instead we now have "local lad" Jim who probably has a 10+ year plan which isnt certain to suceed, all while our rivals keep getting better.

The worst part is, Qatar will now likely buy a rival club, do a newcastle with them and thats one more team we have to compete with for a top four place, let alone a title.

This isnt to blame any of the fans, it was out of our hands - but it's all just very fecking depressing.
if leicester city can do it, why can’t we? :lol:

obviously it would’ve been easier having Sheikh Jassim take control of the club and invest in absolutely everything from day one, but this did not happen and is now a fact of life. The way i see it now is that having someone other than the Glazers take charge of the football operations is a dream come true. Let’s hope for the best

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
This is interesting. I wonder if this now means that anyone can buy B shares.

If the B shares no longer convert, what's stopping him (or somebody else) from purchasing the other Glazer siblings' shares and attaining majority control that way? Joel and Avram seem to be the only ones who actually want to stick around after all.

Pughnichi

Hahahaha this is brilliant.

I’m indifferent to this news. Yeeey the glazers are on their way out…apparently

But it’s taken over 12 months to acquire 25%

they’ll hang in for as long as possible…continue to take money…and blame SJR if/when the football side remains as shit as it has been.

The only hope I have is that a proper structure is put in place. With each and everyone all with the same goal, same idea of playing style and targets all being fed in to ETH not to pick and choose who he wants, but to at least have some say from a shortlist of recommended players.

the 300m further invest for infrastructure won’t touch the sides. new stadium please

Frankly, today, after the shit show on Saturday it’s quite hard to get instant excitement from this. If it works, it will take time and I’ve just lost all trust in this club to do things that work.

I’m all for giving it a chance but we’ve had so many structural changes in recent times that it makes me think there’s more to it. Unless who we’ve had previously have just been so unbelievably terrible at their jobs??!…which again smacks of incompetence and removes more trust that we even know how to do the right thing

think what I’m trying to say is…McT is shit and if the new structure can’t identify this (if they haven’t already) and accept any low ball offer we might get…then around and around and around and around we go

united for life

Im happy with the footballing change. Surely it can’t get worse than we had with first Woodward then the clowns who are there now but everything else looks worse case scenario for me

Skeptical is an understatement I’ve had to turn sky sports news off I’m fuming.

The guy is knows for making investments then just plodding along, he’s delighted with his 25% believe me.
All i can say is that I hope you are wrong. I’m sure you wish that too. Time will tell, let’s hope at least

Tiber

Glazers really gave Jimbo a spanking in the negotiations. Absolutely nothing to see here, they will just let their new employee take the blame for the next few few windows

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Good, I'm happy. If you're not happy then you're just a grumpy cnut looking for something else to moan about like you usually do. Like me moaning about the moaners, except my moans are based in reality and not the hellish fantasy some of you like to conjure up in your sad little heads.

I won't be responding to replies. Merry fecking Christmas. I jest - feck the Glazers.

NWRed

So no deal for Ratcliffe to buy out the Glazers completely, Glazers still in control of the purse strings and bleeding the club dry with debt repayments and dividends, club still hugely in debt, stadium still falling apart with barely enough money to patch it up let alone rebuild, cycling coach with dodgy history in charge of footballing operations. Merry fecking christmas.

Castia

The beginning of the end of Glazer ownership. The first dilution in 18 years. A great, great day. Unfortunately this place is full of instant gratification, petro state apologist children. Some people can find the negative in anything.
Take your blinkers off and look at the deal seriously. Beginning of the end of nothing the Glazers are going nowhere.

25% stake…
Debt remains
300m for a coat of paint at OT

It’s laughable honestly

Google how much Jim took out of Mercedes F1 in dividends on the last year whilst your at it

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I gave Goldbridge a listen and he's back to peddling subtle lies on his channel insinuating Ratcliffe won't get a majority. What a shit

Anustart89

25%, no roadmap for getting rid of Glazers, investment of $300m.

The only objectively good thing about this deal is that football decisions are taken out of the hands of the Glazers, but other than that it seems like the Glazers are here to stay indefinitely, at least Joel and Avram who were reluctant sellers from the beginning.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Take your blinkers off and look at the deal seriously. Beginning of the end of nothing the Glazers are going nowhere.

25% stake…
Debt remains
300m for a coat of paint at OT

It’s laughable honestly
We don't know about dividends either.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I gave Goldbridge a listen and he's back to peddling subtle lies on his channel insinuating Ratcliffe won't get a majority. What a shit
Well it's true there is no agreement on that currently which we got lied to about.

Amsterdam Devil

If the B shares no longer convert, what's stopping him (or somebody else) from purchasing the other Glazer siblings' shares and attaining majority control that way? Joel and Avram seem to be the only ones who actually want to stick around after all.
So that seems good news if that is really true. Maybe that’s the pad laid out to majority shares. He can buy more shares from whoever wants to sell. Siblings can make up their own minds what they want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.