Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpWithRivers

I can't believe everyone falls for this sht. Everyone is acting as Sir Jim now owns United. No. It's still the Glazers. All they have done is say Sir Jim you run this sht show and get all the blame while we take a back seat. If it works it was the Glazers that put him there! 300mill or anything else he invests will not be Charity. It's just a pot if cash put aside for fixing the stadium etc which he will get back in shares. And it's still not enough. Not by a long shot. We are still fkd.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I can't believe everyone falls for this sht. Everyone is acting as Sir Jim now owns United. No. It's still the Glazers. All they have done is say Sir Jim you run this sht show and get all the blame while we take a back seat. If it works it was the Glazers that put him there! 300mill or anything else he invests will not be Charity. It's just a pot if cash put aside for fixing the stadium etc which he will get back in shares. And it's still not enough. Not by a long shot. We are still fkd.
100%. Like you said it lets them take a back seat. It’s a win-win for them. If it works then they get credit for putting them there but if we still fail then the glazers know the blame will fall onto Ratcliffe and his team. Smart by them.

AFC NimbleThumb

you're right however you need to take this into perspective. We have a MINORITY SHAREHOLDER who is pumping 300m out of his own money in a club that he own just 25% off. Neither Edwards nor the Glazers have done that and they owned the whole darn thing. As said, I was a huge critic of SJR and there are still things I am deeply concerned about. However one has to applaud that.
Per the response below yours the $300mil will convert to shares so this isn’t a MINORITY SHAREHOLDER who is pumping 300m out of his own money in a club that he own just 25% off.

I’m not sure you’re clear what you’re applauding . Bolds, capitals & all.

ElDiabloRojo

Agree totally. The club is still nothing but an ATM for the soulless glazer creatures.

They don't give a damn about the club, history, local area, fans or any other aspect.

Last edited:

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Agree totally. The club is still nothing but an ATM for the weekend soulless glazer creatures.

They don't give a damn about the club, history, local area, fans or any other aspect.
With the debt needing to be refinanced at a higher interest rate we’ll have even less money to spend over the coming years.

All this talk of new stadiums etc is pure dreamland.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
99.99% of us have never worked in a football organisation. I am not sure who we can judge what or who is good for any specific role.

We can whine all we want. But the reality is that we have no clue what goes on never mind what or who is required for us to gauge.

Football clubs are quite a different animal compared to most corporate roles most of us have had.
And I wouldn't trust us to rebuild the entire football structure of Manchester united. Murtough had a huge task in hand. The reason why he got the job was not his credentials and experience but simply because he impressed joel/Woodward. Tell me how anyone can trust that

AFC NimbleThumb

With the debt needing to be refinanced at a higher interest rate we’ll have even less money to spend over the coming years.

All this talk of new stadiums etc is pure dreamland.
You might want to tell that to @Champ the guy struggles to understand how finances works in defence if this deal to a point of sheer comedy.

Go on @Champ tell us how the club having more money & no debt makes no difference to anything again. I could do with another laugh.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
As great as that is, I think the 300m is converted into shares. There will be a share dilution. So it’s not charity.
This is true. So you are right that it's not a charity, but in reality that's a good thing as he gets him closer to gaining control and decreasing the Glazer's majority. If that will continue to happen in the future, it will also encourage him to continue to invest into the club to further increase his holdings. It's basically a win/win for both him and the fans (as long as he proves to be an improvement on the Glazers, which would be difficult not to be).

On the flip side, it also means that the Glazer's would probably only agree to future investment for shares if it is spent on something that increases the value of the club. They likely won't agree to it just for Ratcliffe to invest money into our transfer kitty, so it will likely only be accepted for work on the infrastructure of the stadium, training ground, etc.

brother ant

From my calculations Sir Jim will
Be the majority shareholder. Does he have enough voting power to stop the glazers voting to take dividends?

devilish

Per the response below yours the $300mil will convert to shares so this isn’t a MINORITY SHAREHOLDER who is pumping 300m out of his own money in a club that he own just 25% off.

I’m not sure you’re clear what you’re applauding . Bolds, capitals & all.
I never said that it was charity. In fact when I used the word I used the ''. Even in 80s when sugar daddies were the norm they didn't invest out of the kindness of their heart. Berlusconi building his entire political career based on his success at AC Milan.

So why applaud it? Well he was able to change things around so external investment went on united's infrastructure instead then simply going in the pockets of the major shareholder as it traditionally did. Which leads us to the myth of the Glazers being great commercially. If they were then they wouldn't have taken dividends and invested on the infrastructure instead. A half successful man utd with a top of the art stadium/training facilities would be more successful on the pitch (less injuries/players losing form) and the club's price would have skyrocketed. Sponsors love success and excellence thus a well run united with a great stadium would have attracted far better sponsors then we actually do.

That's why blanc had always targeted the infrastructure first wherever he went. Juve had just been relegated and had serie A title winners on its payroll yet even that mix of disaster didn't deter blanc for pushing for a stadium of their own. Edwards never invested a penny of his own money either and was known to be a miser but even he acknowledged that. In fact he left OT the best stadium in the country

Mindhunter

Be the majority shareholder. Does he have enough voting power to stop the glazers voting to take dividends?
No he doesn’t. I think the best he can do is to also take part in any distributions. I hope he can make more investments directly into the business and slowly get issued more shares so that the Glazer’s are diluted to insignificance. It’s a long road though.

devilish

I think that the time of dividends are over either way. The Glazers have finally realised that the true dosh lie in their class b share price not the frigging 10m-20m they get every year. Its like living on chicken meat when those same chicken happen to lay golden eggs

Also note that United are losing money

IRN-BRUno

Hopefully that report yesterday suggesting Iain Moody might have a role is nonsense. The guy should be nowhere near the club.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
How has this place got MORE feckING NEGATIVE since Sir Jim’s involvement/investment

it’s ridiculous, getting upset about an outcome you knew was going to happen way in advance.

So fecking tiresome

i know the results on the pitch suck ass at the moment, and the feeling around the club is at an all time low. But feck me, why is the one thing, that we hope will bring some success, still bringing fecking moaning and negativity. Sick to the back teeth of it.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Reminder that the 300m includes additional shares for INEOS.

That’s your pathway to full ownership,

educate yourself thank you.

aganley

Reminder that the 300m includes additional shares for INEOS.

That’s your pathway to full ownership,

educate yourself thank you.
You really think the Glazers are going to give up utd, its a win, win for them. The Glazer enabler does well, the glazers will want close to 8-10 billion. If they don't all pressure is on Jim, as he will have full control over the sporting side of things. There is no agreement in place for any takeover.

JediSith

Nearly all our transfers are put on credit and paid for over X amount of years, would have been like that even if we were debt free.

Generally speaking United will have multiple budgets, with the main one set our for the football side of things, hence the reason it's easy to 'split' factors into football and non football, especially when it's the largest proportion of a clubs expenditure.
We took a line of credit out with Santander two years ago just to fund transfers. So no it’s not the same as spreading payments over multiple years. Either you have no clue how bad our situation is or you’re being wilfully ignorant.

Last edited:

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Wasn’t it @TrebleChamp99 that called INEOS & ‘November’ back in like feckin September?

The guy has a friend/relative from within INEOS. So I wouldn’t go calling “ironic” from someone who clearly is somewhat, at least on the surface level, “ITK” or someone who we should home some sort of weight to their words.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Wasn’t it @TrebleChamp99 that called INEOS & ‘November’ back in like feckin September?

The guy has a friend/relative from within INEOS. So I wouldn’t go calling “ironic” from someone who clearly is somewhat, at least on the surface level, “ITK” or someone who we should home some sort of weight to their words.
Well they still don’t seem to realise that Ineos don’t own any shares; so I’m going with “no”.

strandty

Think they’re saying Ironic because it’s not INEOS who get the additional shareholding, it’s Trawlers Ltd.

Castia

How has this place got MORE feckING NEGATIVE since Sir Jim’s involvement/investment

it’s ridiculous, getting upset about an outcome you knew was going to happen way in advance.

So fecking tiresome

i know the results on the pitch suck ass at the moment, and the feeling around the club is at an all time low. But feck me, why is the one thing, that we hope will bring some success, still bringing fecking moaning and negativity. Sick to the back teeth of it.
I think even some Jim supporters must see this is a shit deal from a fans prospective.

Even ignoring the Qatar deal there was talk of Jim having a path to full ownership, him financing the debt through INEOS etc its underwhelming to say the least

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Even if he did (not sure), he wouldn't stop them from doing it. They are within their rights to do so. It is also something that in the grand scheme of things shouldn't have a big impact. If run properly, it shouldn't influence the club.

onemanarmy

I think even some Jim supporters must see this is a shit deal from a fans prospective.

Even ignoring the Qatar deal there was talk of Jim having a path to full ownership, him financing the debt through INEOS etc its underwhelming to say the least
It's the same handful of people moaning though.

Salford_Red83

So fecking tiresome

Right?!!

The club needs change and this is the best we were ever realistically going to get but some saw the £££'s of Qatar and said "I wAnT tHaT!". That was never going to happen.

Finally we're getting some change and movement at the top of the club and it's still not enough for some.

It's a start and we have to start somewhere.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I suggest the majority in this thread go out an touch some grass ye clueless, joyless negative nancies. Christ it's tedious to read this shite :lol:

pascell

Think they’re saying Ironic because it’s not INEOS who get the additional shareholding, it’s Trawlers Ltd.
I'm convinced its a loophole to get around INEOS have two clubs in Europe, therefore it being a conflict of interests and they'd have to drop one.

I'm sure I read there's shareholders of INEOS coming in with SJR in some capacity, that should give it away a little.

UnitedWA

Not sure about this, Glazers are still in and we have "one owner" more in the mix. It could become convoluted mess with blame going forth and back between Glazers and Jim.

Lord of Blackhaven

SJR will have majority ownership within 18 months. The idea that a self made billionaire would be outfoxed by these trust fund gremlins is laughable.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
SJR will have majority ownership within 18 months. The idea that a self made billionaire would be outfoxed by these trust fund gremlins is laughable.
“Trust fund goblins” :lol: :lol:

Whilst I understand the distaste for the Glazers they’re far from “trust fund goblins”

They’re astute businessmen, who know exactly what they’re doing

Andy_Cole

Or maybe SJR and the gremlins have an honest relationship who are not out foxing each other. They have both set out a plan and hopefully that plan is majority ownership I assume so.

CallyRed

“Trust fund goblins” :lol: :lol:

Whilst I understand the distaste for the Glazers they’re far from “trust fund goblins”

They’re astute businessmen, who know exactly what they’re doing
You can't argue against them looking like goblins though can you.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I highly doubt it'll be within 18 months. There's a fair chance he will get majority ownership, but I'd expect more like 5 years, maybe even closer to 10. And when looking at that time frame there does become a bit of a worry of Ratcliffe's age becoming a problem. He'll probably be fine, but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.