Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
Accept what?
more co owners like the Glazers who take from the club and can’t be bothered to watch their team in the most illustrious football league in the world. Or someone who gives a S… and sets high standards and stands by his own convictions because after investing nearly £1.5 billion he wants to see with his own two eyes what’s being served up on the pitch, if sir Jim wants to get United fans on board, Come to the games, create a presence that quickly improves the club from top to bottom.
Accept that Ratcliffe is the new top dog as it seems, with your petulant digs, you don’t like them apples.

Woziak

Accept that Ratcliffe is the new top dog as it seems, with your petulant digs, you don’t like them apples.
Your clearly missing the point I’m a fan of Ratcliffe, but I want to see him lead as I don’t believe any of the people he puts in place will be able to do what they want to as the Glazers will still pose issues, after all there is a clause in the contract that they are not allowed to be criticised on their previous running of the club!

if Sir Jim takes the lead they will be less likely to interfere, knowing that they need his financial muscle to stay ahead of FFP and the clubs current financial constraints, I’m saying when you only have 25% and want more, go take the bull by the horns and lead not Delegate!

TheReligion

Abusive
Your clearly missing the point I’m a fan of Ratcliffe, but I want to see him lead as I don’t believe any of the people he puts in place will be able to do what they want to as the Glazers will still pose issues, after all there is a clause in the contract that they are not allowed to be criticised on their previous running of the club!

if Sir Jim takes the lead they will be less likely to interfere, knowing that they need his financial muscle to stay ahead of FFP and the clubs current financial constraints, I’m saying when you only have 25% and want more, go take the bull by the horns and lead not Delegate!
There’s no other explanation for your under hand comments about him being a top red than you being snarky and having some problem with it (even if you don’t wish to admit it).

Anyway. Everything he’s doing at the moment very much points to him leading and taking the bull by the horns so you should be delighted.

Woziak

Would you have expected the same for Sheik Jassim?
Yes because he’s a so called fan, would he do it who knows ?
Does he have British citizenship, could he even be allowed to do that being a Qatari National?
Sir Jim is born in England and a British subject, all be it a tax exile, he can spend 179 days in the UK without issue, SJ can not. This was Sir Jim’s pitch all the way through, I saw him as a hands on type of guy who was in his 70’s and restoring United to Greatness was to be his legacy, they are completely different examples and for Sir Jim to get to Old Trafford it’s far easier plus we’ve already seen he had a keen interest in attending Nice Games so I would assume he’s going to attend United games ?

Woziak

There’s no other explanation for your under hand comments about him being a top red than you being snarky and having some problem with it (even if you don’t wish to admit it).

Anyway. Everything he’s doing at the moment very much points to him leading and taking the bull by the horns so you should be delighted.
Exactly this is what we want to see, many fans are starting to warm to sir Jim, me included, the so called snarky comments are for. balance when we see the inevitable Glazers start to interfere and people like me say; “now if only Sir Jim had started from day one with real intent so the Goblins knew that they simply couldn’t interfere with football decisions because as soon as something goes wrong with an Ineos decision that costs them
Money, they will rip up the deal and start to issue their own media directive.

Newstyle

Some strange hills being chosen to die on in here.
People want to see change and they are impatient now that the sale is complete. I can relate, although knowing that how business acquisition and management changes works it will take a couple of years to implement a structural roadmap in a company of 1000 employees.

gaffs

Yes because he’s a so called fan, would he do it who knows ?
Does he have British citizenship, could he even be allowed to do that being a Qatari National?
Sir Jim is born in England and a British subject, all be it a tax exile, he can spend 179 days in the UK without issue, SJ can not. This was Sir Jim’s pitch all the way through, I saw him as a hands on type of guy who was in his 70’s and restoring United to Greatness was to be his legacy, they are completely different examples and for Sir Jim to get to Old Trafford it’s far easier plus we’ve already seen he had a keen interest in attending Nice Games so I would assume he’s going to attend United games ?
Sir Jim's pitch? Was there a pitch? He and INEOS stayed silent through the process. It was SJ who was pitching to "return the club to its former glories both on and off the pitch".

The guy is a CEO of a global company with a £60 billion annual turnover. He likely wont be at every home game. To use that a stick to beat him with is pretty lame.

Woziak

As a Qatari citizen, you can stay in the UK for up to 180 days (6 months) per visit with the UK ETA.
Then the question is answered, SJ as a huge United fan, I would have expected SJ to come to home games, not all but quite a few, unlike Sheikh Mansour who is and was never a true Man City Fan!

Remember all through the process both bidders told all the fans that they themselves were ardent Man United Fans.

Woziak

Sir Jim's pitch? Was there a pitch? He and INEOS stayed silent through the process. It was SJ who was pitching to "return the club to its former glories both on and off the pitch".

The guy is a CEO of a global company with a £60 billion annual turnover. He likely wont be at every home game. To use that a stick to beat him with is pretty lame.
He said I want to put the Manchester back in Manchester United, that’s his pitch and he said he wanted to be a hands on owner, is this not the same guy that had a Chelsea season ticket a few years ago before Brexit ?
Let’s be clear here I want Sir Jim to do well and believe that he’s an incredibly astute businessman but what United need right now is real leadership and I’m stating he’s the only guy I see in the room that offers that so lead don’t delegate!

His companies are stable with proven infrastructure and proven success, they can be delegated to people he clearly trusts, United, short to mid term needs real leadership. United needs his Leadership just to see us through the next 2 years and change the narrative from the serious neglect that the Glazers have burdened the club with.

gaffs

He said I want to put the Manchester back in Manchester United, that’s his pitch and he said he wanted to be a hands on owner, is this not the same guy that had a Chelsea season ticket a few years ago before Brexit ?
Let’s be clear here I want Sir Jim to do well and believe that he’s an incredibly astute businessman but what United need right now is real leadership and I’m stating he’s the only guy I see in the room that offers that so lead don’t delegate!

His companies are stable with proven infrastructure and proven success, they can be delegated to people he clearly trusts, United, short to mid term needs real leadership. United needs his Leadership just to see us through the next 2 years and change the narrative from the serious neglect that the Glazers have burdened the club with.
I think it will be a given that Sir Jim will be at games. A damn site more than The Glazers, that is for sure.

And he is providing us with leadership. A best in class CEO in Blanc, a new DOF. a $300mil cash injection.

So if INEOS and Sir Jim help make United competitive again, and maybe even bring us a title in the next few years, then that wont be enough because Jim hasn't reached the 30 game threshold set by Woziak from The Caf? :lol:

RedDevil@84

The company I work for needs to grow faster to compete with other companies. So I am expecting its owners and majority share holders to visit me at my desk everyday to "lead me"

Woziak

I think it will be a given that Sir Jim will be at games. A damn site more than The Glazers, that is for sure.

And he is providing us with leadership. A best in class CEO in Blanc, a new DOF. a $300mil cash injection.

So if INEOS and Sir Jim help make United competitive again, and maybe even bring us a title in the next few years, then that wont be enough because Jim hasn't reached the 30 game threshold set by Woziak from The Caf? :lol:
Jesus your living rent feee in your own head if you think United will win a a title in next 2 years. You still have time to delete that statement !

The $300m injection is being paid for with increased shares and his 25% will be increased, there’s no sugar daddy here just a competent businessman who sees an opportunity to invest capital in a club that’s desperate for a cash injection whilst he carefully increases his share percentage within the club on the NYSE.

The $300m investment is for training ground and moderate stadium improvements, the club doesn’t even have a screen, before we start casting dispersions let’s see how the first few months actually unfold.

Keeping a manager that’s lost 50% of his games is not a great start, employing Jean Claude Blanc and Paul Mitchell are hugely encouraging, but the true test will be just how ruthless we act with the squad and the Manager in the next three to four months.

Woziak

The company I work for needs to grow faster to compete with other companies. So I am expecting its owners and majority share holders to visit me at my desk everyday to "lead me"
You know very well that’s not what I was saying, an owner like Abrahamovic. For all his shortcomings was a decisive owner that put the club before the egos of the coach or the players and created a wining legacy by his own force of will.

I see Sir Jim in a very similar way, he doesn’t suffer fools gladly and he sees through all the BS immediately and then he makes decisions, exactly what United need short term. Ruthless, pragmatic leadership

Revaulx

I don't think anyone actually knows the answer to this.

We hope so, i.e. that glazers now are 100% hands off and literally have no day to day involvement, they just set a budget and then Ineos run everything. In reality, I am dubious. Glazers have drained the club for decades, I still think we'll see issues and clashes coming up between Ineos and them, with the Glazers knowing they hold ultimate control.
The Glazers collectively hold control, but there are quite a few of them and they hold shares as individuals.

If I were Ratcliffe, one of my priorities would be to drive a wedge between the different Glazer factions.

RedDevil@84

You know very well that’s not what I was saying, an owner like Abrahamovic. For all his shortcomings was a decisive owner that put the club before the egos of the coach or the players and created a wining legacy by his own force of will.

I see Sir Jim in a very similar way, he doesn’t suffer fools gladly and he sees through all the BS immediately and then he makes decisions, exactly what United need short term. Ruthless, pragmatic leadership
I was not the one who insinuated that United needed the physical presence of Sir Jim more often to get the job done. That is not how businessmen go about their companies, certainly not the billionaires. They recruit competent people needed for their companies to grow. That is what Glazers did not do.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If anyone thinks that someone whose worth 23b dollars will be at Carrington so he can be the first to hug Jadon Sancho when he's too busy to wake up for training in time then think again. SJR is head of a business that generate 65b annually. I think he's got bigger things in mind than Manchester United. That's why SJR will be hiring people to do that in his behalf. You've got Blanc who will take care of the financial side of the club, Brailsford whose marginal gain mentality will keep everyone on his toes and we'll probably add a top Sporting director and a top head of recruitment as well. Actually one of United's biggest problems is that we had Joel expecting to just pop in and take the final say on key decisions he had no clue upon. That's when the likes of Woodward and Murtough ended up our CEO and DOF respectively

gaffs

Jesus your living rent feee in your own head if you think United will win a a title in next 2 years. You still have time to delete that statement !

The $300m injection is being paid for with increased shares and his 25% will be increased, there’s no sugar daddy here just a competent businessman who sees an opportunity to invest capital in a club that’s desperate for a cash injection whilst he carefully increases his share percentage within the club on the NYSE.

The $300m investment is for training ground and moderate stadium improvements, the club doesn’t even have a screen, before we start casting dispersions let’s see how the first few months actually unfold.

Keeping a manager that’s lost 50% of his games is not a great start, employing Jean Claude Blanc and Paul Mitchell are hugely encouraging, but the true test will be just how ruthless we act with the squad and the Manager in the next three to four months.
I think Sir Jim, or Sir James Arthur Ratcliffe FIChemE, as you like to call him, is living rent free in your head. Im not sure if you will ever get over The Fake Sheikh not buying MUFC.

Yes, he gets equity for his $300mil, but it is only from new shares being issued. New issues of shares reduces the value of what he already has bought, so if it was just about increasing his stake, he would have been better off using that $300mil to buy more class A shares.

We haven't seen The Glazers put in anything, so already Jim is off to a great start.

gaffs

If anyone thinks that someone whose worth 23b dollars will be at Carrington so he can be the first to hug Jadon Sancho when he's too busy to wake up for training in time then think again. SJR is head of a business that generate 65b annually. I think he's got bigger things in mind than Manchester United. That's why SJR will be hiring people to do that in his behalf. You've got Blanc who will take care of the financial side of the club, Brailsford whose marginal gain mentality will keep everyone on his toes and we'll probably add a top Sporting director and a top head of recruitment as well. Actually one of United's biggest problems is that we had Joel expecting to just pop in and take the final say on key decisions he had no clue upon. That's when the likes of Woodward and Murtough ended up our CEO and DOF respectively
Shhhh, dont tell @Woziak that. He wont be happy unless Jim has his hands on everything. That is so he can blame him if things go wrong.

devilish

He will NOT be a hands on owner. No one would want that. Very few football owners actually understand football. The likes of Edwards and Agnelli kind of did and they were 2nd generation football owners. SJR will appoint people to take key football decisions and unlike the Glazers he'll keep communication lines with the fans open. But that's all.

GreatDane

I'm now imaging Ratcliffe doing a Kitchen Nightmares style inspection of Carrington
"Antony is a complete failure and his performance is like a half-baked soufflé that's fallen flat. He's a raw, tasteless dish that leaves a sour taste in your mouth. Antony's play is like a meal that's been burnt to a crisp - no redeeming qualities, just a complete waste. It's time for him to hang up his boots and find a new career because he simply can't handle the heat of the professional football kitchen."

devilish

Shhhh, dont tell @Woziak that. He wont be happy unless Jim has his hands on everything. That is so he can blame him if things go wrong.
And quite frankly we wouldn't want that. Very few football owners actually understand football. Successful ones either appoint top football people to take decisions on their behalf or else they pump billions into the squad in the hope that their FM dreams become true

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Jesus Christ. Your head is well and truly stuck in your breakfast bowl.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
fecking hell this argument is SO TIRESOME. Chelsea games were easier to visit in London than going to games in Manchester. Believe it or not, billionnaires have very valuable time. He's a sporting guy, he likes to watch games live, big feck. He also stated that he'd have gone for United had they been on sale, and even when Glazers did not have the club for sale he put out a public message saying he'd be up for buying us.

When you say we need real leadership, how the feck is he not doing this? At least he turned up to the round of bids, unlike Sheikh Jassim who sent his best mates.

devilish

"Antony is a complete failure and his performance is like a half-baked soufflé that's fallen flat. He's a raw, tasteless dish that leaves a sour taste in your mouth. Antony's play is like a meal that's been burnt to a crisp - no redeeming qualities, just a complete waste. It's time for him to hang up his boots and find a new career because he simply can't handle the heat of the professional football kitchen."
If you think that Ratcliffe came in to watch Antony training then think again. That's not his area of expertise. What Ratcliffe will be interested in is like for example why United have 1068 employees when City have less then half and are far more successful. How we spent so many millions in a squad that is quite frankly crap. Why Casemiro is paid as much as Salah does etc. The guy is a fox in identifying what's wrong in a struggling company and turn things around but he's not feckin SAF. Luckily for him there's a SAF around to give him advice and SJR will soon surround himself with football people who will provide him with that feedback as well.

I met SAF a couple of times and I know people who are actually friends to the guy. We all agreed that the guy will remember the time when Mr Data analysts disrespected him when Bellingham came to OT and the way he treated Butt the way he did. The actual words were, 'I bet the first thing SAF will advice Ratcliffe on will be....get that fecker out of the club'

gaffs

And quite frankly we wouldn't want that. Very few football owners actually understand football. Successful ones either appoint top football people to take decisions on their behalf or else they pump billions into the squad in the hope that their FM dreams become true
Exactly. And Sir Jim looks to be doing the former by employing the best possible people.

devilish

fecking hell this argument is SO TIRESOME. Chelsea games were easier to visit in London than going to games in Manchester. Believe it or not, billionnaires have very valuable time. He's a sporting guy, he likes to watch games live, big feck. He also stated that he'd have gone for United had they been on sale, and even when Glazers did not have the club for sale he put out a public message saying he'd be up for buying us.

When you say we need real leadership, how the feck is he not doing this? At least he turned up to the round of bids, unlike Sheikh Jassim who sent his best mates.
TBF that's a poor excuse. SJR can afford private jets. I am more prone to believe that he watched those games as some part of a business charm offensive. London is close, Chelsea is the cool club there and if you're dealing with foreign business people who want a taste of EPL football then its the place to take them.

gaffs

If you think that Ratcliffe came in to watch Antony training then think again. That's not his area of expertise. What Ratcliffe will be interested in is like for example why United have 1068 employees when City have less then half and are far more successful. How we spent so many millions in a squad that is quite frankly crap. Why Casemiro is paid as much as Salah does etc. The guy is a fox in identifying what's wrong in a struggling company and turn things around but he's not feckin SAF. Luckily for him there's a SAF around to give him advice and SJR will soon surround himself with football people who will provide him with that feedback as well.

I met SAF a couple of times and I know people who are actually friends to the guy. We all agreed that the guy will remember the time when Mr Data analysts disrespected him when Bellingham came to OT and the way he treated Butt the way he did. The actual words were, 'I bet the first thing SAF will advice Ratcliffe on will be....get that fecker out of the club'
SAF and Brailsford go way back. SAF used to go down to the Manchester velodrome, watch practices and pick Brailsford brain on how he was doing this or that.

If the stories about Murtough upstaging SAF when Bellingham visited are true, then Murtough is cooked.

devilish

Exactly. And Sir Jim looks to be doing the former by employing the best possible people.
And that's enough for me. Its certainly a better option then having SJR walking on the training pitch asking why we don't run more.

devilish

SAF and Brailsford go way back. SAF used to go down to the Manchester velodrome, watch practices and pick Brailsford brain on how he was doing this or that.

If the stories about Murtough upstaging SAF when Bellingham visited are true, then Murtough is cooked.
Those I know who know SAF personally think the same. Actually they believe that he would love to give Murtough the P45 himself

Fts 74

Can't believe some people are trying to discredit SJR who, although not officially in charge, has shown more in this last week than the parasites did in over 18 years.This guy is going to take his role extremely seriously ,he won't get everything right but we'll be a properly run club again.

Chairman Steve

Is Murtough really that hated? Gary Neville has said a number of times on Sky that we don’t have a sporting director despite Murtough being the designated football director and Gary being up on all things United. I’m guessing it’s a slight by Neville.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Is Murtough really that hated? Gary Neville has said a number of times on Sky that we don’t have a sporting director despite Murtough being the designated football director and Gary being up on all things United. I’m guessing it’s a slight by Neville.
Not sure but that article that came out about him a few weeks ago has likely turned a lot of people against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.