Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackhawk747

Supports
Carrick FC
I think SJ withdrew the offer because of some other untold reason. Based on the calculation of $34 for Class B and 24.81 for Class A, which is appx. equals to $31.1x per share for both class A and class B. He could raise the price merely to $32 for full sale and it could probably get accepted and outbid SJR. My guess it was because of the Palestinian conflict.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
this is a load of bollocks, obviously, but even if it was true, you’d think it was 1995 and we were producing shite. British talent, specifically English are comfortably some of the best in the world right now, there’s so much quality coming through at the moment.
It's weird how much anti-English sentiment people have for supporters of an English club.
Agree on both points. Especially when you consider the history of the club and how well English players are playing right now.

Redjazz

Not surprised the SEC filings are showing that the Qatari bid was more PR than substance, they seemed like weren’t really in the race a long time ago.
Simply not true. If you actually read the filings, the Qatari bid was one to the 2 main bids throughout the process. Every bid made (and there were quite a few) was considered and referred to the board. Qatar withdrew right after the final JR proposal (the current deal).

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think SJ withdrew the offer because of some other untold reason. Based on the calculation of $34 for Class B and 24.81 for Class A, which is appx. equals to $31.1x per share for both class A and class B. He could raise the price merely to $32 for full sale and it could probably get accepted and outbid SJR. My guess it was because of the Palestinian conflict.
You’re clutching mate. There has been rumours that Jassim’s bid was all air long before the conflict started. Fecker never even submitted proof of financing. He was a fraud.

RORY65

I thought we'd all agreed that the chairman of a small bank would easily have $6/7 billion to spare with no strings attached? Plus people on here insisted that his daddy, who is very rich, would gladly provide several billion to support an investment that he'd publicly stated he didn't like because obviously a man with 15 children would give one of them billions to buy their favourite football team. Shocking to read that this may not have been the case.

Oldyella

Whatever he was going to offer, the Glazers would of asked for more. SJR appears to have taken the sensible approach of getting his foot in the door.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Mr Burns from Springfield, USA apparently wants to buy the club.

The nuclear energy tycoon has promised to take United to the top and replicate the success of the 1992 Springfield Nuclear Plant Softball team.

Despite evidence that he might not actually be real, Red Cafe users believe he is the best option going forward.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
And it will be mostly buy British
That medal has two sides. Buying best Brit players would be road to success. When you buy PL proven and top class player, he is plug and play. No need to adapt on league, country, he will not dream for Barca or Real etc....
Having a team made of Kane, Rashford, Saka, Toney, Shaw, Bellingham.....i would accept that approach this second.

Other side of medal is having a team made of Maguire, Pickford, AWB, McT and Konsa which is a road in becoming mediocre team.

Last edited:

Fr. Todd Unctious

The nuclear energy tycoon has promised to take United to the top and replicate the success of the 1992 Springfield Nuclear Plant Softball team.

Despite evidence that he might not actually be real, Red Cafe users believe he is the best option going forward.
:lol:

Hands down one of the greatest ever Simpsons episodes

L1nk

Simply not true. If you actually read the filings, the Qatari bid was one to the 2 main bids throughout the process. Every bid made (and there were quite a few) was considered and referred to the board. Qatar withdrew right after the final JR proposal (the current deal).
If you actually read the filings the Qatari bid failed to show proof of funds with every underfunded bid and made no mention of the additional funds they kept saying they would put into the club

Quote because Tweets are struggling;

"
From MUFC's release, events of 9-2's negotiations with Raine/MUFC: 9-2's first bid of $25 on 17 February 2023 was for 100% of the shares based on an valuation of app. £3.8bn. Customary and required proof of funds was not submitted.
By 24 March 2023, 9-2 raised its offer to $28 per share or an £4.3bn valuation, without submitting required proof of funds.
By 28 April 2023, 9-2 raised its offer again, to $28.54 per share or an valuation of of app. £4.35bn, without submitting required proof of funds.
By 16 May 2023, raised its offer again, to $30.01 or a valuation of app. £4.5bn, without submitting required proof of funds.
On 22 May 2023, the BoD of MUFC told 9-2 that $35.25 per share, i.e. a valuation of app. £5.2bn would be "considered" (legal language for that they pinky promised that it would be accepted).
On 1 June 2023, 9-2 revised its offer to $34 per B share and $24.81 for A share -- i.e. an valuation of app. £4.6bn, without submitting required proof of funds.
After being informed of that the BoD would not recommend a proposal that didn't pay the same to A and B shareholders, 9-2 withdraw on 15 October 2023.
"

So basically not only did they consistently bid well under the asking price, they never provided proof of having the actual funds they were bidding with, and they never proposed a scenario of paying the same to both A and B shareholders, which couldn't legally be accepted. This just doesn't feel serious at all.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I am shocked that the made up AI qatari prince who was a "boyhood United fan" and the *definitely not state backed bid" never submitted proof of funds

Rojofiam

I actually said that it's possible that Qatar have been out of the race way before October 14 :lol:

Good to know that it was pretty close to the truth, whilst everyone disagreed with me

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

We need a clip of Mr Burns mocking the Germans buying his power plant but edited to Qataris instead.

El Zoido

So Jassim is simultaneously both a fraud with no money, and also state-backed at the same time?

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
I for one am shocked that the perfect bid with zero debt and endless investment was a lie.
It probably won’t affect the fake Sheikh’s acolytes on this thread though.

They’ll still bang on about Glazer 2.0, RATcliffe etc ad nauseam.

gajender

If you actually read the filings the Qatari bid failed to show proof of funds with every underfunded bid and made no mention of the additional funds they kept saying they would put into the club

"
From MUFC's release, events of 9-2's negotiations with Raine/MUFC: 9-2's first bid of $25 on 17 February 2023 was for 100% of the shares based on an valuation of app. £3.8bn. Customary and required proof of funds was not submitted.
By 24 March 2023, 9-2 raised its offer to $28 per share or an £4.3bn valuation, without submitting required proof of funds.
By 28 April 2023, 9-2 raised its offer again, to $28.54 per share or an valuation of of app. £4.35bn, without submitting required proof of funds.
By 16 May 2023, raised its offer again, to $30.01 or a valuation of app. £4.5bn, without submitting required proof of funds.
On 22 May 2023, the BoD of MUFC told 9-2 that $35.25 per share, i.e. a valuation of app. £5.2bn would be "considered" (legal language for that they pinky promised that it would be accepted).
On 1 June 2023, 9-2 revised its offer to $34 per B share and $24.81 for A share -- i.e. an valuation of app. £4.6bn, without submitting required proof of funds.
After being informed of that the BoD would not recommend a proposal that didn't pay the same to A and B shareholders, 9-2 withdraw on 15 October 2023.
"

So basically not only did they consistently bid well under the asking price, they never provided proof of having the actual funds they were bidding with, and they never proposed a scenario of paying the same to both A and B shareholders, which couldn't legally be accepted. This just doesn't feel serious at all.
What kind of Shoddy process Raine were running if they regularly entertained bids from a party which didn't even provide required proof of funds .
I thought Raine was legit and reputable firm .

Redjazz

"
"

What is your point exactly? That the lack of proof of financial funding invalidated their bids? That's simply not so. Each bid was considered and referred to the board. You and the confirmation bias you rode might consider it a PR exercise but the Glazers didn't otherwise "Bidder A" would have been rejected from the off. And for each iteration of their bid that was not accepted you will find an equivalent failed bid for JR. Does JR's refusal to meet the sellers original requirements mean that he wasn't serious either? Well, obviously not.
With each iteration, both parties made slight improvements to their bid. JR's final proposal (essentially the current deal) came just days before Qatar withdrew.

JediSith

What is your point exactly? That the lack of proof of financial funding invalidated their bids? That's simply not so. Each bid was considered and referred to the board. You and the confirmation bias you rode might consider it a PR exercise but the Glazers didn't otherwise "Bidder A" would have been rejected from the off. And for each iteration of their bid that was not accepted you will find an equivalent failed bid for JR. Does JR's refusal to meet the sellers original requirements mean that he wasn't serious either? Well, obviously not.
With each iteration, both parties made slight improvements to their bid. JR's final proposal (essentially the current deal) came just days before Qatar withdrew.
Could be a way of framing it so people don’t feel they missed out on anything and also lowers the bar for Ratcliffe. If SJ was fake, then Ratcliffe is no longer measured against his bid and promises in 3-5 years.

Roboc7

Nope I’d read it again, couldn’t even meet basic requirements like proof of funds. Like I said clearly more PR than substance.

Roboc7

What kind of Shoddy process Raine were running if they regularly entertained bids from a party which didn't even provide required proof of funds .
They needed something to leverage SJR with, the expected bidding war never materialised. The Qatar bid was perfect candidate as they were very vocal in the media, but clearly they had no chance of could t even meet a basic requirement.

Redjazz

Nope I’d read it again, couldn’t even meet basic requirements like proof of funds. Like I said clearly more PR than substance.
Nope. I will refer you to the post you quoted. It is entirely accurate. Any bias in interpretation is yours alone.

Roboc7

Nope. I will refer you to the post you quoted. It is entirely accurate. Any bias in interpretation is yours alone.
They couldn’t even prove they had the money, clearly had no chance. It was just a pipe dream people got sucked in by, that was clear a long time ago. Even now people can’t accept it and are pining for someone who was more interested in paying Mike Keegan for PR than actually making a serious offer.

Last edited:

Dion

They didn't entertain them, they were rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.