Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarstoolProphet

Personally I’d pay that. One of his biggest strengths is transfer negotiations apparently so he’d make sure we’re not fleeced this summer.

EDIT: Ornstein has added an addendum to his report the past few minutes saying Ashworth is officially on gardening leave now

We are hiring a CEO who has dedicated much of his focus on not paying unreasonable wages and fees to prevent being taken to the cleaners in negotations. What signal does it say if we end up paying an unprecedented sum of 20m for the next non-playing staff to arrive after him?

brian017

Personally I’d pay that. One of his biggest strengths is transfer negotiations apparently so he’d make sure we’re not fleeced this summer.

EDIT: Ornstein has added an addendum to his report the past few minutes saying Ashworth is officially on gardening leave now

The man must be pretty stressed if he needs time off to tend to his garden!

Overhaul FC

Wonder why INEOS basically went public with the leaks about Ashworth, when they didn't with Berrada and Man City?

Looks like this is going to get expensive.

Woziak

If he’s started gardening leave then his contract will probably have a 6 month rule in place which takes him to middle of August 2024. He can put a team in the background that can facilitate transfers or United can offer a sensible fee of £5m and bring him out after 2 months so he starts work in April 2024.

Dion

Feels like the sensible thing to do here is just to wait it out, he'll be doing work behind the scenes and we can appoint a temporary DoF to cover the gap.

Woziak

Surprised we are lower than Liverpool.
I’m sure they are reporting these wages now from January 1st 2023 to December 31st 2023 for the new UEFA FSP

United is £333m to a turnover of about £648m which is actually ok it’s about 51.3% which means they made clear cut backs this season. This might be why there was very little movement in the market in January.

City £473m divided £705m is 67%
Liverpool £367m divided by £584m is 63%
Spurs £247m divided by £540m is 46%
Chelsea £339m divided by £503m is 67%
Arsenal £231m divided by £456m is 50.6%
Newcastle £184mdivided by £246m is 75%

As for PSG and Barcelona they are
PSG £518m divided by £685m is 76%
Barcelona £546m divided by £680m is 80%
Madrid £388m divided by £711m is 55%

The rule this summer is 80% with wages, agent fees and Net Transfer fees after all amortisation.

City, Chelsea will struggle unless they sell,
Liverpool need to be careful but ok
United, Spurs and Arsenal all ok
Newcastle can’t do hardly anything especially with no European football!

PSG will benefit after Mbappe leaves, Barcelona absolutely shopping in basement but they must sell one maybe two big players.

Madrid can do pretty much what they want ?

croadyman

First test for INEOS will they buckle and pay, will the fee be fair, interesting week ahead.
You already get the impression from them that they are not in any mood to get ripped off. I am absolutely certain they will have a plan on how to get this over the line quick as possible.

bringbackbebe

I’m sure they are reporting these wages now from January 1st 2023 to December 31st 2023 for the new UEFA FSP

United is £333m to a turnover of about £648m which is actually ok it’s about 51.3% which means they made clear cut backs this season. This might be why there was very little movement in the market in January.

City £473m divided £705m is 67%
Liverpool £367m divided by £584m is 63%
Spurs £247m divided by £540m is 46%
Chelsea £339m divided by £503m is 67%
Arsenal £231m divided by £456m is 50.6%
Newcastle £184mdivided by £246m is 75%

As for PSG and Barcelona they are
PSG £518m divided by £685m is 76%
Barcelona £546m divided by £680m is 80%
Madrid £388m divided by £711m is 55%

The rule this summer is 80% with wages, agent fees and Net Transfer fees after all amortisation.

City, Chelsea will struggle unless they sell,
Liverpool need to be careful but ok
United, Spurs and Arsenal all ok
Newcastle can’t do hardly anything especially with no European football!

PSG will benefit after Mbappe leaves, Barcelona absolutely shopping in basement but they must sell one maybe two big players.

Madrid can do pretty much what they want ?
This year should be lower for us when we say bye to Sancho, Martial, Maguire and possibly one of Varane/Casemiro/Rashford.

Woziak

This year should be lower for us when we say bye to Sancho, Martial, Maguire and possibly one of Varane/Casemiro/Rashford.
With Ratcliffe investing £237m, allowing an adjustment to the £105m 3 year loss allowed, plus a few smart players from the Academy like Greenwood, Hanibal, Pellistri, Fernandez will have a huge effect and probably allow a transfer warchest as much as £300m.

Selling Casemiro, Varane, Bruno or Rashford huge reduction in wages goes onto next year 2025-26 in terms of wages. However Rashford is an academy product so huge benefit if we sell him but to who, Barcelona, Bayern can’t do that deal possibly only SA and PSG.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Offer to shareholders closed on the 17th so surely they're tying up loose ends and close to an announcement now?

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Offer to shareholders closed on the 17th so surely they're tying up loose ends and close to an announcement now?
Would think so, hopefully pretty soon. Just a general feel good factor around the club right now that has been sorely missed.
I’m hoping so too, can’t imagine what the delay would be?

Unless they consider it announced via PL/FA ratification.

bringbackbebe

With Ratcliffe investing £237m, allowing an adjustment to the £105m 3 year loss allowed, plus a few smart players from the Academy like Greenwood, Hanibal, Pellistri, Fernandez will have a huge effect and probably allow a transfer warchest as much as £300m.

Selling Casemiro, Varane, Bruno or Rashford huge reduction in wages goes onto next year 2025-26 in terms of wages. However Rashford is an academy product so huge benefit if we sell him but to who, Barcelona, Bayern can’t do that deal possibly only SA and PSG.
The Ratcliffe money is earmarked exclusively for the stadium I think, unlike Boehly money which was no holds (or brains) barred.

davidmichael

Surely if this is the case then the £20 million being quoted is overblown, wasn’t it reported as £10 million yesterday ? I’m sure it’ll get ironed out for an April start and something like £5 million to £7 million to Newcastle but whilst he’s on gardening leave I’m sure he’ll be putting his team together behind the scenes so we’re set for the end of the season going into the transfer window.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

Surely if this is the case then the £20 million being quoted is overblown, wasn’t it reported as £10 million yesterday ? I’m sure it’ll get ironed out for an April start and something like £5 million to £7 million to Newcastle but whilst he’s on gardening leave I’m sure he’ll be putting his team together behind the scenes so we’re set for the end of the season going into the transfer window.
Yeah it's all PR shite. He'll be in place soon enough. It will get resolved after the investment is confirmed tomorrow or Wednesday.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not sure how the full sale thing works in the future but for now Ratcliffe's team has done good job or least looks something positive on the management side.

Hopefully we see the benefits in the recruitment this summer as for 10 years not a single person took responsibility or care of money during the window. We squandered lot of money with people just saying yes to whatever manager asks.

phunky

Needs to change his underwear
My Man Utd shares are now marked Man Utd.TENDER in my portfolio, indicating the corporate tender offer is now underway.

i have no idea what will happen next, but this can only mean things are progressing right.

diarm

Maybe we should get someone else if it’s complicated. Maybe just get City’s DOF.
It’s not complicated.

Newcastle are just a bit butthurt and trying to show the world they’re a big deal.

A bit of patience on our end, and they’ll realise that 20 months with their marquee hire on the payroll but sat at home because he doesn’t want to be there is not a great look for them, and they’ll want it all just to go away.

gajender

Does that suggest Brailsford was outvoted by the others in terms of who we want to appoint,also why couldn't we have looked at Ward as Head of Recruitment then can get both
Come on Croady it's coming From Delaney he knows feck all .

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Does that suggest Brailsford was outvoted by the others in terms of who we want to appoint,also why couldn't we have looked at Ward as Head of Recruitment then can get both
I don’t think so reading the article. It says Ashworth has always been the front runner/preferred choice. Sounds like Ward was considered as an alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.