Club's reply to Sevilla's high ticket prices

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
If Sevilla didn't raise the price of the tickets on our fans I doubt we would have done that, and similar to Sevilla fans I don't think United fans have nothing to do with it. Sevilla acted boldly as if they can raise the price of the tickets as they want.
If those Sevilla fans will be outraged they can act with their club on their own, they provoked the whole situation. Perhaps if their club doesn't want to listen to us, they'll listen to their own fans. We're not a fecking charity to let our fans get ripped yet again and feel sorry for their fans at the same time.
So the logic is if they are cnuts we can be cnuts back?

There must have been a thousand other ways to get back at Sevilla. More importantly, get back at the club not the fans! Sour relationships with them or something but to me, the poor man is getting effed in this.

Kostur

海尔的老板

There must have been a thousand other ways to get back at Sevilla. More importantly, get back at the club not the fans! Sour relationships with them or something but to me, the poor man is getting effed in this.
We were, we were discussing with them, they didn't budge, now they'll have pissed off their fans. Our club's responsibility is our fans first and foremost, not the whole fecking world.

villain

Hates Beyoncé

Enlighten me, how else could we have solved this?
What does ‘sour relationships’ mean?

el3mel

United's statement said they tried to talk with Sevilla to decrease the price and they refused. If they don't care about our fans why should we care about theirs ? We tried to solve the problem internally and they refused. We have nothing to be blamed of.

Sylar

Do explain then please.
It seems every possible solution was exhausted and this was last resort.

I get your 'outrage' over this, but I really dont understand what you are actually arguing especially if you arent providing other solutions United could have gone with.

SirAF

Ageist
But Sevilla should think about United fans?
They overcharged - the prices they put out are not common at all. I believe someone said that they were more expensive than entry level tickets for the CL final..

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

What are these thousand ways?

Sevilla are more than welcome to subsidise the increase in ticket price from their own extortionate prices. They are the only ones not being accommodating.

Andersons Dietician

I mean maybe acompany that with an apology to the Sevilla fans just to add a bit of class to the situation.

“explain the reasoning and that you’re sorry it has come to this after trying to reason with their club”

Sylar

I mean maybe acompany that with an apology to the Sevilla fans just to add a bit of class to the situation.

“explain the reasoning and that you’re sorry it has come to this after trying to reason with their club”
It was an email to United fans rather than a club statement.

Andersons Dietician

It was an email to United fans rather than a club statement.
Yeah but it wouldn’t take long to compile a tweet or an Instagram message or even Facebook. It’ll be out there and easily find it’s way to the Sevilla faithful as it does suck they are the ones getting stung when it’s their clubs fault.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
What do the fans have to do in this? As a Sevilla fan, it's not under my control what the club charges.
It does suck for you. But it appears United have been trying to get Sevilla to drop the price for Utd fans down to a reasonable level for a while now, and Sevilla have refused to change. Sevilla aren't the first club to do this as it's been happening with a number of clubs lately. Ultimately we had to take a stand, so that even if it doesn't end up changing anything for this particular match, it may stop other clubs doing it in the future. Unfortunately you guys get screwed over, but if it wasn't you then it would be the fans of the next club, or the next one after that. With clubs obviously refusing to budge with anything less, eventually we had to do the same back and hope that going forward clubs wouldn't do it as they would know it would screw their own fans over. It's the only way to hopefully put an end to it.

Last edited:

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Yeah, maybe. I understand the reasoning of deterrence. But I'm not sure, it feels unfair.

First of all, I wouldn't say the gesture would be for nothing, it would be a strong sign of support to and solidarity with your travelling fans in any case. Then, the fact you're subsidizing your fans' tickets is because you deem Sevilla's ticket prices unfair and excessive towards guests. Well, now your ticket prices are unfair und excessive towards guests.

As I said, I understand the logic but in the end, you're taking it out on traveling fans. You're doing the same as Sevilla.
No, we are not doing the same as Sevilla.

PoTMS

How hard is it to understand that we’re just charging the same Sevilla are charging us? Their fans are getting subsidised so in the end, Sevilla have backed down and made to look stupid a well.

Token Sheet

"No 6 bus to Old Trafford 6p, Admission to re

I'm sorry but I don't agree with this. The only reason we got into this situation, was because of the greed of your club.

Because of Utds initiative, we now have a result (in a roundabout sort of way), where both sets of away fans are paying a much fairer price.

Surely this the best outcome to this sorry affair?

Do you know if the home fans (non members I think) that are in the same location as the away end, are paying the same 89 euros?

If so are they now being compensated?

I ask this because in theory if we are still (technically) charging Sevilla away fans 89 euros then as per Uefa guidelines, home seats in that area should be the same, which means prices in the East Stand should be increased....

Last edited:

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Perfect move by United. Reimburse the fans, and send a message to other clubs not to sting their supporters with ridiculous away ticket prices in the future.

It's a shame that Sevilla fans have been put in this position and are now going to either have to pay up more money or miss the leg at OT, but ultimately this was Sevilla's doing and they'll get the message in future. Same with other clubs.

If Sevilla fans have anyway to be angry with, it's not United that's for sure.

lewwoo

Good on the club. Back them 100% with this stand. Hopefully clubs will think twice in the future before trying to screw over our away support.

Token Sheet

"No 6 bus to Old Trafford 6p, Admission to re
So Sevilla will report to UEFA about this unfair sudden increase and Utd not allocating 5% to away fans

http://sevillafc.es/en/actual/news/sevilla-fc-allocated-2995-tickets-old-trafford
Think we have an agreement with Uefa over 4.1% allocation due to safety issues with previous European games and the use of East Stand tier 2 for away fans.

As I have previously mentioned the interesting issue could be the subsequent charging of home fans the 89 euros.

Seville I believe have already done that, we haven't as of yet....

Karlkim SK

Great move by the club. Manchester United might be richer than Sevilla, but the fans are not. Sevilla should not be greedy and think that they can just charge whatever they want. United tried to work with them to reduce price (so it wouldn't affect Sevilla's fans), but they didn't care, so this is the only clever way to response.

ZupZup

Hasn't worked out too well for Sevilla now has it... they've agreed to subsidise their own fans now too and it's damaged their reputation as well. Their own fans are ripping into them despite the fact that they are going to pay out.

It all could have been happily avoided if they had just agreed to charge our fans a reasonable price in the first place. Hopefully a nice lesson for them and others.

Stan Jefferson

That announcement from Sevilla is utterly pathetic from start to finish.

If I supported them I'd be more than a little pissed off with the way they've handled this, they wanted to make a quick few quid at United fans expense and they've made themselves look foolish at best.

All over what ultimately amounts to less than their weekly wage bill.

SirAF

Ageist
Hasn't worked out too well for Sevilla now has it... they've agreed to subsidise their own fans now too and it's damaged their reputation as well. Their own fans are ripping into them despite the fact that they are going to pay out.

It all could have been happily avoided if they had just agreed to charge our fans a reasonable price in the first place. Hopefully a nice lesson for them and others.
Pretty much this.