Cole Palmer | Chelsea Player

cotumely

Supports
Chelsea
Nah Saka is a guaranteed starter and he's having a strong enough season of his own for a team challenging for the title. As an England fan, I wouldn't drop him for Palmer.

I don't know if I would force Palmer into the line-up just because of the brilliant season he's having. He could go on the left wing but he has barely there for us, so I would probably go with a more suiting player on that side like Grealish or Gordon. That leaves Palmer to be the back up option on the bench behind Saka and I'm fine with that. What an option to have off the bench.
I would agree with you. However, England are liable to suffer some injuries, so Palmer might play by default.

Presume that if Kane and Palmer are both on the field if England was awarded a penalty, Kane would still take it.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
This guy is ridiculously good.

@duffer @WeePat , how much do you think Boehly would take for Palmer to go the other way? We would throw in draft picks too
Not being rude but I can't imagine he'd go to Man United at the moment if he left Chelsea. Back to City would be my guess if he is going anywhere.

mu4c_20le

Chelsea would never let him go without a fight. One more year of mediocrity though, then we'll see.

Ole'sattheWheel

I dunno why but I just don’t rate him. He’s good don’t get me wrong but I think it’s a classic case of an English player being overhyped

padr81

Supports
Man City
Not being rude but I can't imagine he'd go to Man United at the moment if he left Chelsea. Back to City would be my guess if he is going anywhere.
No way he'd go back to City while Pep is there I feel. Peps been throwing a few subtle digs about him wanting to leave for 2 years etc...

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
We could have bought Kudus and been having a great convo over which of our signings were player of the year with the resident Chelsea fans

But alas…

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I dunno why but I just don’t rate him. He’s good don’t get me wrong but I think it’s a classic case of an English player being overhyped
He's one of those unusual players it's hard to say what his actual strength is. Not like Muller in style, but like him in that description.

But you can't knock 20 goals in a team as sh!te as this one.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I got it. He's a left footed Bruno Fernandes, but with dribbling

No wonder this place is so thirsty for him

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Strikes me as another exciting player Southgate won't know how to fit into the England side.

Sylar

Strikes me as another exciting player Southgate won't know how to fit into the England side.
Tbh he seems the best bet for sub appearances at the tournament especially if there's a prospect of a shootout

Lexicon Red Devil

Nothing alike.
There are certain similarities I think. They are both excellent penalty takers, take plenty of shots from outside the box and get plenty of assists despite losing the ball frequently due to risky passes in the final third.

They are risk takers and these days in football that's actually quite rare. They'd kids in the playground who would always be looking for the most ridiculous or most eye catching goal.

The big differences are that Bruno seems to have more stamina and covers more of the pitch and Palmer is a much better dribbler.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I mean, how? Should england just play an all forward lineup?
More because he's an attacker who thrives when given the freedom to take up pockets of space and float. Southgate is pretty static in the way he demands players to stick to their positions.

Oranges038

Mental fee for a nothing player.

Another one that'll on the Chelsea loan list for the next 10 years.
I got this one badly wrong. He's exceeded all expectations this season. Obviously his goalscoring might drop off, which won't be a big surprise, but he's playing a such a high level in every other department.

It'll be interesting to see if he can follow this season up with consistency.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I mean, to go from one batshit clownshow of a club to one that is only slightly less so is an ask in my humble opinion.
True but we’re still one of the biggest clubs in the world and an opportunity to play for us doesn’t come around to often. And also like it’s been mentioned before he’s a united fan so I’d imagine if we want him he’d choose us over other teams.

Dan_F

Pep’s interview about him asking to leave is so strange. Trying to make out he couldn’t do anything to stop him; maybe play him rather than spending £60 million on Doku, who is absolutely terrible.

I guess city fans can’t really get annoyed at Pep but at this point, surely it’s bugging them that Foden is the only one from all of their academy players getting proper minutes.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
There’s English talent like Foden, Saka, Palmer and Bellingham and we end up with Rashford and Sancho :(
It sums up the last decade for us. We've also spent big on fantastic English talent like Maguire and Awb.

Son

Chelsea sold mount on the final year of his contract to us and signed the star of their team for the next decade maybe for half the price… That’s great business at our expense.

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
Pep’s interview about him asking to leave is so strange. Trying to make out he couldn’t do anything to stop him; maybe play him rather than spending £60 million on Doku, who is absolutely terrible.

I guess city fans can’t really get annoyed at Pep but at this point, surely it’s bugging them that Foden is the only one from all of their academy players getting proper minutes.
Doku is alright, Kovacic and Nunez though... I know different type but still think Palmer could play similar to Gundogan...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Doku is alright, Kovacic and Nunez though... I know different type but still think Palmer could play similar to Gundogan...
Maybe in possession but out of possession? Palmer is not a midfielder

Nunes is the most disappointing for me. Doku is still young and one for the future, and is working fine as an off the bench speed change, and Kovacic was always going to be a decent backup nothing more. Nunes is the one who was supposed to be an instant starter