Cop in America doing a bad job, again

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
If only the people in the house had guns to protect themselves...ception.

Skizzo

Not sure I could ever condone firing multiple shots blindly through a fence, but firing off multiple rounds from a rifle into the air to celebrate New Years? Those rounds are coming down somewhere.

horrible situation all around. You’d have to MMQB the shit out of that one.

jackal&hyde

Not sure I could ever condone firing multiple shots blindly through a fence, but firing off multiple rounds from a rifle into the air to celebrate New Years? Those rounds are coming down somewhere.

horrible situation all around. You’d have to MMQB the shit out of that one.
I know cops in the US have done some despicable things, but I would not want that job in a country where nigh every suspect can be just as if not better armed then me. The stress must feel more like army in war zone level then what other cops feel in EU countries.

Skizzo

I know cops in the US have done some despicable things, but I would not want that job in a country where nigh every suspect can be just as if not better armed then me. The stress must feel more like army in war zone level then what other cops feel in EU countries.
Its a tough one because there’s so many facets at play. Obviously I can only speak from one side, but it’s hard to describe the feeling you get when you walk up on a vehicle at night, tinted windows, and you have that split second where you don’t know what’s happening inside. Then you walk away and make a second approach and have to go through that whole feeling again.

On the flip side, I’m sure people here could tell you a similar level of stress being induced when you’re pulled over and waiting for an officer to make contact and to see how the contact is about to go.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Its a tough one because there’s so many facets at play. Obviously I can only speak from one side, but it’s hard to describe the feeling you get when you walk up on a vehicle at night, tinted windows, and you have that split second where you don’t know what’s happening inside. Then you walk away and make a second approach and have to go through that whole feeling again.

On the flip side, I’m sure people here could tell you a similar level of stress being induced when you’re pulled over and waiting for an officer to make contact and to see how the contact is about to go.
This is why I have no idea why LEO are not at the forefront of pushing for the strictest of gun control laws. It would take a few decades but think of being able to walk up to a car knowing it is extremely unlikely the average person is carrying.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This is why I have no idea why LEO are not at the forefront of pushing for the strictest of gun control laws. It would take a few decades but think of being able to walk up to a car knowing it is extremely unlikely the average person is carrying.
Freedumb.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Kills the boyfriend, then pops one in the direction of his own daughter. He seems nice…

Skizzo

Because so many are wrapped up in guns etc as an identity.

Freedumb.
and that.

Roane

At least no one died, but the real drama was a 60+ old man holding his own against a cop…

In these kind of vids I end up being more angry with the crowd. Just standing videoing and almost stirring the situation.

A few years ago there was an officer , in UK, who was known by locals for terrorising local kids. These kids weren't angels but the officer was heavy handed and had the "I'm an officer so I can do what I want". He was basically a bully because he knew he would get away with it. Or so he thought. He bullied the wrong kid one day and basically got beaten up be some locals.

Generally I would never ever advocate violence. But in that vid if the old guy is genuinely not a trouble maker and is being assaulted how can you stand by and just video?

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Kills the boyfriend, then pops one in the direction of his own daughter. He seems nice…

Isn’t that a light sentence for premeditated murder by American standards?

Cloud7

In these kind of vids I end up being more angry with the crowd. Just standing videoing and almost stirring the situation.

A few years ago there was an officer , in UK, who was known by locals for terrorising local kids. These kids weren't angels but the officer was heavy handed and had the "I'm an officer so I can do what I want". He was basically a bully because he knew he would get away with it. Or so he thought. He bullied the wrong kid one day and basically got beaten up be some locals.

Generally I would never ever advocate violence. But in that vid if the old guy is genuinely not a trouble maker and is being assaulted how can you stand by and just video?
In the US I would say trying to step in and help comes with the associated risk of being shot

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Isn’t that a light sentence for premeditated murder by American standards?
Seems to be. It ended up being a federal charge which have prescribed sentences. This might be one of those quirks in the system.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
https://www.wlox.com/2022/01/09/gra...o5NQkKkD7-fBY78d_rlyWXFKckbzTK0jyD9o_rvuIpyDI

GRAPHIC: Video shows man on fire after police hit him with stun gun

CATSKILL, N.Y. (AP) - Graphic video made public Friday shows a man who doused himself in hand sanitizer bursting into flames when a police officer used a stun gun on him at a New York police station in October.

Security footage released by the state attorney general’s office shows Jason Jones, 29, rolling on the floor in the Catskill police station lobby and rubbing his head to stop the flames.

Jones, who was taken off life support in December after six weeks in intensive care, was on fire for about 25 seconds and appeared to have burns on his upper back.

The attorney general’s office released the security footage as part of its investigation into Jones’ death.

Prior to being hit with the stun gun, the shirtless Jones is seen in a tantrum, ripping his hoodie and undershirt off, throwing a shoe at a table and knocking over a jug of hand sanitizer as three officers look on.

A few minutes later, Jones picks up the jug of hand sanitizer and squirts the liquid on his back and head. An officer then takes out a stun gun and shoot Jones with it and there’s a flash of light on the video as Jones bursts into flames.

Police Chief Dave Darling said officers in Catskill, about 33 miles (53 kilometers) south of Albany, were familiar with Jones from previous encounters and were likely afraid he was going to hurt himself.

Jones had been a standout track and basketball athlete at Catskill High School more than a decade ago, The Times Union reported.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
https://www.wlox.com/2022/01/09/gra...o5NQkKkD7-fBY78d_rlyWXFKckbzTK0jyD9o_rvuIpyDI

CATSKILL, N.Y. (AP) - Graphic video made public Friday shows a man who doused himself in hand sanitizer bursting into flames when a police officer used a stun gun on him at a New York police station in October.

Security footage released by the state attorney general’s office shows Jason Jones, 29, rolling on the floor in the Catskill police station lobby and rubbing his head to stop the flames.

Jones, who was taken off life support in December after six weeks in intensive care, was on fire for about 25 seconds and appeared to have burns on his upper back.

The attorney general’s office released the security footage as part of its investigation into Jones’ death.

Prior to being hit with the stun gun, the shirtless Jones is seen in a tantrum, ripping his hoodie and undershirt off, throwing a shoe at a table and knocking over a jug of hand sanitizer as three officers look on.

A few minutes later, Jones picks up the jug of hand sanitizer and squirts the liquid on his back and head. An officer then takes out a stun gun and shoot Jones with it and there’s a flash of light on the video as Jones bursts into flames.

Police Chief Dave Darling said officers in Catskill, about 33 miles (53 kilometers) south of Albany, were familiar with Jones from previous encounters and were likely afraid he was going to hurt himself.

Jones had been a standout track and basketball athlete at Catskill High School more than a decade ago, The Times Union reported.
Wow. Not only are they stupid as feck but cowardly, too. They ran away and hid from the burning man instead of picking up one of the three massive carpets and smothering the fire.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Would have loved to seen the police union try to fight that one.

edit - they apparently did for five years. The game playing took place in 2017.

Last edited:

Anustart89

We were afraid he was going to hurt himself (before we could get in there and do it for him).

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
It’s partially behind a fence, but disturbing nonetheless. The reactions of the owners is potentially more emotional.
People who abuse/murder dogs (with the caveat that they are not attacking the human) are psychopaths. I would bet real money that cop has previously beaten suspects or family. Cops really do love to abuse dogs it seems, but then most psychopath's do.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

We were afraid he would hurt himself, but not properly so we decided to do a proper job of it.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Honestly, they’re fecking mental.

I know it’s a tough job (my cousin and an uncle are/were coppers in the UK) but how do so many seem to have such a hard time distinguishing between say a young/fit man throwing punches or armed with a knife…. versus an older/frail man in a wheelchair who’s on the floor?

Once he’s established the real risk, so what if I took him an extra couple of minutes to put his arms behind his back… where’s the danger that merits a tasering?

I watched that and when he tasered him, I thought “idiot”, second “tool” then the third… and the fourth! (for no apparent reason other than he could), you realise the guys an absolute wanker. Sacking should be followed by a civil case.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Honestly, they’re fecking mental.

I know it’s a tough job (my cousin and an uncle are/were coppers in the UK) but how do so many seem to have such a hard time distinguishing between say a young/fit man throwing punches or armed with a knife…. versus an older/frail man in a wheelchair who’s on the floor?

Once he’s established the real risk, so what if I took him an extra couple of minutes to put his arms behind his back… where’s the danger that merits a tasering?

I watched that and when he tasered him, I thought “idiot”, second “tool” then the third… and the fourth! (for no apparent reason other than he could), you realise the guys an absolute wanker. Sacking should be followed by a civil case.
When you’re a hammer…