Could they void the PL due to the Coronavirus? | No | Resuming June 17th

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yep it could turn out to be a great end to a very strange season for you especially if Utd also make the CL and win a trophy. I’m still very cautious about the PL restarting. They deserve credit In terms of logistics and appear to have got the right protocols in place. But the govt’s handling of the wider situation still leaves a small doubt that it will all go smoothly.
3 playoff games max for a team in leagues 1 and 2 is one thing, but 9 games plus cups for the Premier players surely rests on a knife edge.
It's all been a little sketchy about what happens if a couple of players get ill from a team. Do they have a 2 week quarantine, or do the non infected presume they're not showing symptoms yet, so must be ok?

The thing that does work in United's favour in theory, is the Europa being run totally separate at the end of the season. It's a perfect fall back plan if top 4 (or 5 with the City verdict to come) goes tits up.
Instead of it all being mixed in and the quandry of trying to go all in for both.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
3 playoff games max for a team in leagues 1 and 2 is one thing, but 9 games plus cups for the Premier players surely rests on a knife edge.
It's all been a little sketchy about what happens if a couple of players get ill from a team. Do they have a 2 week quarantine, or do the non infected presume they're not showing symptoms yet, so must be ok?

The thing that does work in United's favour in theory, is the Europa being run totally separate at the end of the season. It's a perfect fall back plan if top 4 (or 5 with the City verdict to come) goes tits up.
Instead of it all being mixed in and the quandry of trying to go all in for both.
Quarentine was for when they couldn't mass test the players, Spurs had a positive results post contact training starting so they tested everyone again then carried on.

C'est Moi Cantona

Cool, thanks for telling me how I feel.

Also, something I've read quite a bit is that people have missed it (obviously I missed it, I love watching football), but that the re-start as it is planned is not something that is getting them excited. That's exactly how I feel - the end of the season for me is going to be like watching pre-season friendlies with no atmosphere, I think I'm perfectly entitled to say that I'm not excited about this without some random person on an internet forum thinking he's armchair psychologist who knows what's going on in my mind.

I also live in Madrid where the crisis has been absolutely horrendous, and where I was on lockdown for 2 months only being allowed out for grocery shopping. I saw an ice rink transformed into a makeshift morgue and while I don't know anyone directly who passed away from the virus, I have friends of friends or relatives of friends who have. So yes, in light of the past few months, certain things just don't have the same importance as they might have done before.

It's great you don't feel this way, and that you're excited about the re-start, but it would be nice if you could spare us of what you think is going on in other people's minds because frankly, you have no clue.
Look don't lay that on me, I know what happened in Madrid, and everywhere else virus related , but I was talking about football restarting, and not sure I was generalising to that extent, more a case of there are too many saying this atm, like they're trying to convince themselves, or row in with the current trend.

If you feel this way just don't watch it, ''armchair psychologist' here really doesn't care what you do or how you feel about it.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Can i have next week lottery numbers? Pretty much ran on that exact timeline apart from cases going down, try a month earlier ;)
:lol: Thanks mate. I was very confident football would return. I didn't believe it was as bad as they were making it out to be. Some on here claimed this was the end of football until we have a vaccine! Thankfully me, you and @FootballHQ were more level-headed than the doom and gloom merchants on here.

I swear if you had been in this thread in April you would've been led to believe the world is ending and that all these players are going to die because of this virus.

@Pexbo @jymufc20 @dumbo and all the other lads - how have you guys been getting on? Are you guys going to watch these games with your masks on?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Quarentine was for when they couldn't mass test the players, Spurs had a positive results post contact training starting so they tested everyone again then carried on.
How do they cover the fact that you don't show as positive until a certain point into having the virus, and the fact some people have no symptoms anyway?
There seems a certain gap in things.

But anyway, roll on the football, and see how we go!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Watch liverpool be awarded the title, 3 teams safe and 3 new teams promoted..the table stands as is and the rest of the season is cancelled.

Belgium has set the precedent. You will all get your wish that the league is cancelled, but it will mean liverpool still get their title.

Not sure you were quite spot on with your comments...

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
:lol: Thanks mate. I was very confident football would return. I didn't believe it was as bad as they were making it out to be. Some on here claimed this was the end of football until we have a vaccine! Thankfully me, you and @FootballHQ were more level-headed than the doom and gloom merchants on here.

I swear if you had been in this thread in April you would've been led to believe the world is ending and that all these players are going to die because of this virus.

@Pexbo @jymufc20 @dumbo and all the other lads - how have you guys been getting on? Are you guys going to watch these games with your masks on?
How the feck are you still not banned, constantly trolling and talking shit. I'm glad football is back and that it was safe to do so, at the time you was spouting your Nostradamus shite things weren't looking so good so get over yourself.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool

As Leicester is your last game and Chelsea’s last game is Wolves things could really go to the wire. Can’t see you finishing second but that still means there are 2, possibly 3 positions up for grabs for CL. A fast start against Spurs and a good result, at least a draw, is important. Jose will want to get one over on you for obvious reasons but also because Spurs aren’t out of it yet. Can’t help but feel there could be a few strange results considering the circumstances and just hope muscle injuries don’t become a decisive factor.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
How the feck are you still not banned, constantly trolling and talking shit. I'm glad football is back and that it was safe to do so, at the time you was spouting your Nostradamus shite things weren't looking so good so get over yourself.
The only person who was talking shit was you when you started name calling me in this thread. This thread got bumped and my old quotes were raised by another poster here.

Stop trying to spin this on me.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
The only person who was talking shit was you when you started name calling me in this thread. This thread got bumped and my old quotes were raised by another poster here.

Go back through your previous posts pal you sounded like a lunatic and then proved it by all the gloating when the league restart was announced, add to that the total lack of empathy for the victims of covid-19. I haven't got the time to go through them all but you have rightly been called out in a few threads for your strange views.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Go back through your previous posts pal you sounded like a lunatic and then proved it by all the gloating when the league restart was announced, add to that the total lack of empathy for the victims of covid-19. I haven't got the time to go through them all but you have rightly been called out in a few threads for your strange views.
So I sounded like a lunatic because I was confident football would return? The likes of @Pagh Wraith @Dancfc @FootballHQ and a few others had similar beliefs.

The only lunatics in hindsight are people like you who thought life and football as we know it is over. I gloated once (and rightly so because I was vilified by people like you) and didn't come back to this thread to discuss it again. Lack of empathy for the patients? Stop making things up. I actually know someone who died of covid. You know there is a chance you can be empathetic but still want regular life and football to resume right?

It seems you have a big problem when people don't hold the same beliefs as the majority.

Garry Buck

Let’s just say a few days before we play Spurs multiple players on our team or vice verse test positive? What then? You can’t keep pushing the games back and it’s unfair to play the game due to an obvious disadvantage.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Looked like you heard football coming back and trawled back through posts to say "I was right!"

Or maybe you're right and this thread got "bumped". After all, it has been one of those threads that's hardly been posted on for ages.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/cou...us-no-resuming-june-17th.453544/post-25578592

And then tagging @Pexbo now. I don't remember you even replying to his suggestion at the time, just went quiet for weeks .... until now

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
League 1 ended early. Crazy Bolton will be League 2. It’s only 12 years since they drew away to Bayern Munich and knocked Atlético Madrid out of Europe.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
As Leicester is your last game and Chelsea’s last game is Wolves things could really go to the wire. Can’t see you finishing second but that still means there are 2, possibly 3 positions up for grabs for CL. A fast start against Spurs and a good result, at least a draw, is important. Jose will want to get one over on you for obvious reasons but also because Spurs aren’t out of it yet. Can’t help but feel there could be a few strange results considering the circumstances and just hope muscle injuries don’t become a decisive factor.

Oh no chance of 2nd and I'm not sure we'll be good enough combined with Leicester being crap enough for third.

It's whether we can out perform Chelsea by 3-4 points (would have to check goal difference) or whether they make the Man City judgement soon so 5th will do.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So I sounded like a lunatic because I was confident football would return? The likes of @Pagh Wraith @Dancfc @FootballHQ and a few others had similar beliefs.

The only lunatics in hindsight are people like you who thought life and football as we know it is over. I gloated once (and rightly so because I was vilified by people like you) and didn't come back to this thread to discuss it again. Lack of empathy for the patients? Stop making things up. I actually know someone who died of covid. You know there is a chance you can be empathetic but still want regular life and football to resume right?

It seems you have a big problem when people don't hold the same beliefs as the majority.
You were thread banned at one stage weren't you? Am i right there, or did you just choose to disappear for a fair while?

chris123

Let’s just say a few days before we play Spurs multiple players on our team or vice verse test positive? What then? You can’t keep pushing the games back and it’s unfair to play the game due to an obvious disadvantage.
This is something I have actually been wondering about.. Is there even a contingency plan in place for this? What is the protocol if say a player of the United starting line-up tests positive, and the whole team has to quarantine? Do their fixtures get postponed? What if a team has multiple postponements, how far do we push this back?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Perhaps you can volounteer to assist the National Guard in Bergamo, italy when the outbreak resurfaces again in the autmn/winter to help load the corpses into the military vehicles for storage since the local morgues don't have enough capacity to store dead people.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I reckon we will get 2-3 matches and then it will be cancelled. Everything will be clearer in terms of places and the money men will be a little happier. The PL will be delighted as the nations darlings will be champions after 3 decades. Even if it is tainted and they don’t get to celebrate in person, I’m sure sky can do a live celebration show with a socially distanced cameraman and maybe a drone or 2.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I reckon we will get 2-3 matches and then it will be cancelled. Everything will be clearer in terms of places and the money men will be a little happier. The PL will be delighted as the nations darlings will be champions after 3 decades. Even if it is tainted and they don’t get to celebrate in person, I’m sure sky can do a live celebration show with a socially distanced cameraman and maybe a drone or 2.
What's that based on? If anything, Germany shows that it's perfectly possible to wrap up the season.

This whole idea that they're just restarting because of Liverpool is laughable in itself. Why would they restart in Spain where they have a tight title race if declaring a champion is all that the leagues are after? Same goes for Italy.

The idea that everything will be clearer in terms of places is based on nothing as well, you could have a much tighter top 4 and relegation battle after 32 or 33 games than right now. Also the notion that teams would all of a sudden be happy with the league being curtailed if they're "probably going down" instead of "potentially going down" is laughable too. There's no way Norwich wouldn't sue if they go down when not mathematically certain, and any argument in the mould of "but they are 7 points adrift" doesn't make any more sense than the "they are X points adrift" right now, from a legal point of view.

They wanna finish the leagues because of £££ and nothing more than that, you'd have to be a different kind of stubborn to argue otherwise after all that we've seen up to this point.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Seems like it! :D

Santoryo

ripping the reward
It's funny after checking the Trump tread in the general section, seeing people(some even frequenting this thread too) unanimously laugh and mock Trump random conspiracy theories then come into this thread and you have people shamelessly write essays of why this whole restart project is some conspiracy to handle Liverpool the title and couldn't be for any other reasons.

Just goes to show the hypocrisy of the human nature :lol:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

It is the end of football as we knew it for the foreseeable future. What we are getting back is a shadow of it's former self.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
It is the end of football as we knew it for the foreseeable future. What we are getting back is a shadow of it's former self.
:lol:

The game has literally stayed exactly the same, unless you consider more subs and no fans the heart and soul of "football as we knew it".

Pagh Wraith

Don't be so overly dramatic. The game is the same and fans will be back next season. They are already in some countries.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Don't be so overly dramatic. The game is the same and fans will be back next season. They are already in some countries.
The fans will probably not be back next season - at least not in the UK. Next season is only a few months away. Social distancing is here to stay for quite some time.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
It is the end of football as we knew it (for the time being). You have actually just confirmed this to be correct by your own post.
Footballs still football. By those metrics going from 5 on the bench to 7 was the end of football as we knew it, or the CL going from two group stages to one, Uefa Cup to Europa etc.

I'll be going through the exact same emotions first game back at Villa Park as I have in many games before down the years.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
It is the end of football as we knew it (for the time being). You have actually just confirmed this to be correct by your own post.
You were being a fecking dramaqueen. Maybe your experience of football is a shadow of its former self, but like others said, don't be overly dramatic. It's still very much the same game, unless you tuned in for the crowd noise before the crisis.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I'll be going through the exact same emotions first game back at Villa Park as I have in many games before down the years.
But maybe you'll have to have a temperature check at the gates before entering the stadium... The end of the proper match-going experience as we knew it.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I am still looking forward to seeing if we can end up with Liverpool, Leicester, Chelsea and Wolverhampton as the four CL teams for next season. That would be quite something.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
You were being a fecking dramaqueen. Maybe your experience of football is a shadow of its former self, but like others said, don't be overly dramatic. It's still very much the same game, unless you tuned in for the crowd noise before the crisis.
All I am doing is stating a fact, it's not my problem if you are unable to understand my point. Football as we knew it has changed - that is a simple fact. The game itself hasn't changed but everything around it and part of what makes it so special has changed for the foreseeable future. I honestly don't see why people such as yourself as getting your knickers in a twist over what is an undeniable fact.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
All I am doing is stating a fact, it's not my problem if you are unable to understand my point. Football as we knew it has changed - that is a simple fact. The game itself hasn't changed but everything around it and part of what makes it so special has changed for the foreseeable future. I honestly don't see why people such as yourself as getting your knickers in a twist over what is an undeniable fact.
Part of what makes it so special to you*