Could they void the PL due to the Coronavirus? | No | Resuming June 17th

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United

seems very strange that tickets are on sale considering that if the season does resume, it would be behind closed doors

Dve

I appreciate the fact war is massively different, my point was only that there would be something the PL would have planned for if football was t possible for whatever reason. We all work at places who have kicked in their BC plans. Surely they have one! Unless they don’t, which would be pretty poor.
And I wish the hospitals had planned for it.

mu4c_20le

Please elaborate.
What you stated sounds like your own opinion, yet you seem to imply that they are facts. I'd like to see some sources, and not just 'experts' predicting the majority of the population getting infected in a worst case scenario.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Feck man, it gives us a stark reminder of the massive challenges those people faced during the two wars and also the sacrifices made by the soldiers. It also shows in comparison how we've become so reliant on things like the supermarket that when a few things go out of stock, the vast majority of people freak out.
We're totally derailed by bad weather, whereas other countries don't blink an eyelid.
So this has definitely set people into panic mode.

I'm not entirely sure why people sneer at the stock pilers. Toilet paper yes, that's silly.
But food?

If it does get to a position where there's huge lockdown and you can't get it, you're screwed!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I appreciate the fact war is massively different, my point was only that there would be something the PL would have planned for if football was t possible for whatever reason. We all work at places who have kicked in their BC plans. Surely they have one! Unless they don’t, which would be pretty poor.
Depends what you mean by a plan. It's the same with companies too.

Companies are all very quickly having to work out measures now. They can't possibly have had plans in place for this sort of scenario.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
+581 new cases of Covid-19 and +22 new deaths in twelve hours today in Madrid alone. (+2086 new cases and +47 new deaths today in Spain in total.) Those self-important, selfish Scouse wankers didn’t want to play behind closed doors the other night and had thousands of people from the epicentre of Spain’s outbreak roaming around the UK for up to three days before and after the game.

They should be made pariahs over this disgraceful decision. It is wholly unacceptable and if there is a massive uptick in cases in the northwest over this, those Liverpool wankers must be held to account.

The Hacker

Depends what you mean by a plan. It's the same with companies too.

Companies are all very quickly having to work out measures now. They can't possibly have had plans in place for this sort of scenario.
Well it seems they don’t, currently, anyway. Crazy thing to think of though isn’t it? Suddenly being forced to decide , with no precedent, what to do if we can’t restart the league within a reasonable timeframe.

Actually, when would it be too late to continue this years league?

Fts 74

If we end up in the EL again how will we get decent players to help us progress i.e Sancho Partey and any
+581 new cases of Covid-19 and +22 new deaths in twelve hours today in Madrid alone. (+2086 new cases and +47 new deaths today in Spain in total.) Those self-important, selfish Scouse wankers didn’t want to play behind closed doors the other night and had thousands of people from the epicentre of Spain’s outbreak roaming around the UK for up to three days before and after the game.

They should be made pariahs over this disgraceful decision. It is wholly unacceptable and if there is a massive uptick in cases in the northwest over this, those Liverpool wankers must be held to account.
They'll somehow turn it round to make out their the victims.

Dve

What you stated sounds like your own opinion, yet you seem to imply that they are facts. I'd like to see some sources, and not just 'experts' predicting the majority of the population getting infected in a worst case scenario.
The best case scenario was that we were able to contain the spread of the virus, meaning tracking back the source to each individual carrying the virus. We are already passed that. The worst case scenario is that half a million people in UK will die - if nothing is done to slow down the spread of the virus.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-outbreak-these-are-the-best-and-worst-case-scenarios-11948661

The most likely scenario, e.g. stated by the Norwegian health authorities, is that it will peak in the period May-August.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Well it seems they don’t, currently, anyway. Crazy thing to think of though isn’t it? Suddenly being forced to decide , with no precedent, what to do if we can’t restart the league within a reasonable timeframe.

Actually, when would it be too late to continue this years league?
The people who keep saying there's no chance of it being voided seem to overlook the point behind your question. It's the massive 64million dollar question!

It can't go on indefinitely, there has to be a cut off where we have to get next season sorted.

What if this rumbled on for 3months? We can't be trying to complete this season in July and August, unless we totally scrap the closed season and preseason stages.
Unless we condense next year. But then you're trying to rescue one season by compromising another. Doesn't seem that clever to me.

Ludens the Red

Blaming Liverpool on any level is completely absurd. Flights are still going in and out of Spain on a daily basis. For those Madrid fans to get to Anfield they’d have to have gone through their passport control and then ours. Surely you be ranting at them ?

matt10000

Yes many small business could be destroyed and many people will die and it is very sad but that doesn't mean we can't laugh at the bin dippers, are we supposed to stop having a laugh and bit of banter?
You are really sad person. I can't be bothered to think about any football banter in these difficult situation.
It is called gallows humour and has long been recognised as having therapeutic value, particularly when used in dealing with traumatic situations.

clarkydaz

Blaming Liverpool on any level is completely absurd. Flights are still going in and out of Spain on a daily basis. For those Madrid fans to get to Anfield they’d have to have gone through their passport control and then ours. Surely you be ranting at them ?
It seemed strange other euro ties were played to empty stadiums. Who makes the call to go ahead with a full Anfield?

Jericholyte2

Do we think it’ll get to a point where Sky shows live Football Manager simulations to finish off the league?

TheReligion

Abusive
It's just speculation. I've just watched the BBC news and they were saying the season is likely to be abandoned. No knows but what is obvious is no one is going to agree that Liverpool can have the title for free whilst everyone else misses out on CL spots etc

FujiVice

Can we be given the FA Cup as well then? We're a few wins away from that. How about handing us the FA Vase for a laugh, too.

Bollocks can they be handed the title. Bullshit paper talk.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
That would be incredibly harsh on Sheffield United assuming City's ban is upheld. They have a game in hand and would go 5th if they won it.
Is what it is. Absolute most they can do is play their next game behind closed doors.

Either the season would have to start earlier or finish later to accommodate those extra games, that would be such a nightmare to organise. Unless of course, they scrap the winter break next year.
There's going to be disruption either way. Just scrap the league cup next season if fixture congestion is an issue.

Greck

The people who keep saying there's no chance of it being voided seem to overlook the point behind your question. It's the massive 64million dollar question!

It can't go on indefinitely, there has to be a cut off where we have to get next season sorted.

What if this rumbled on for 3months? We can't be trying to complete this season in July and August, unless we totally scrap the closed season and preseason stages.
Unless we condense next year. But then you're trying to rescue one season by compromising another. Doesn't seem that clever to me.
The NBA which ends in June is discussing ending in August, however their offseason goes as far as october so it's no big deal. If it goes on till august it obviously becomes easier for the PL to just start a new season. If not the number one reason to continue the current season is MONEY. Many clubs will be posting a loss this upcoming year because of lost gate receipts. Even we have debts to pay. Paying Pogba and Sanchez's salary is a bitch but at least we are blessed with other sources of income. If clubs are ready to cancel the season then they are richer than I thought. Those massive TV deals paying off

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
It's just speculation. I've just watched the BBC news and they were saying the season is likely to be abandoned. No knows but what is obvious is no one is going to agree that Liverpool can have the title for free whilst everyone else misses out on CL spots etc
Surprised to see FOUR journalists putting their name to this single story. Don't think I've seen that before. In a credible newspaper too.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Can we be given the FA Cup as well then? We're a few wins away from that. How about handing us the FA Vase for a laugh, too.

Bollocks can they be handed the title. Bullshit paper talk.
Yeah and Atletico can have the CL unopposed by PSG, City, etc, too because they just beat the holders. Duhh! :rolleyes: :houllier:

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Would be one of footballs biggest pisstakes if that happened. ‘Little opposition to it’? Are they having a laugh? It simply can’t be awarded to them when they haven’t won it.
Can't see Leicester opposing it, because, well, they can't actually fecking win it!! :houllier:

Hulksmash

Don't care about Liverpool , they had won the league months ago. What about CL places?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The NBA which ends in June is discussing ending in August, however their offseason goes as far as october so it's no big deal. If it goes on till august it obviously becomes easier for the PL to just start a new season. If not the number one reason to continue the current season is MONEY. Many clubs will be posting a loss this upcoming year because of lost gate receipts. Even we have debts to pay. Paying Pogba and Sanchez's salary is a bitch but at least we are blessed with other sources of income. If clubs are ready to cancel the season then they are richer than I thought. Those massive TV deals paying off
The only way I can see things working, is if the league declare the next month the equivalent of the closed season. ( to mid april)
Then call the month after "pre-season". (to mid may)

Then hope they can crack on then, play mid may to july as the end of this season , and then just play straight through into next season without any extra break.

Otherwise, the big problem is that if there's a big delay now, then you still have to have the end of season, and pre-season eating further into the future.

The big flaw is what if this isn't any better or is worse come 2 months time?
But then you're no worse off from what they're trying to do now.

Crustanoid

Nah it’s 38 games. That’s the rules. The scousers can whine and wail all they want but if the league gets cancelled then that’s it. No trophy. Still 18 for them

Judas

Open to offers
Do Liverpool fans really want their first title in 30 years to be given to them out of pity? They’ll be right up there again next year most likely, wouldn’t it be more satisfying to you know actually win it properly?

Seano_thegr81

This virus is going to get far worse before it gets better. I was amazed at how many people are going on with their lives like this virus isn't going on. After work today I walked past many restaurants, pubs and bars that were completely packed. This is going to get worse before it gets better.
I think a lot of people are trying to do these things this weekend while they can because by next weekend I'm fairly certain most of it will close down.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Do Liverpool fans really want their first title in 30 years to be given to them out of pity? They’ll be right up there again next year most likely, wouldn’t it be more satisfying to you know actually win it properly?
We'll get back you after we've given it a long hard thought. :lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
What's wrong with the United fans in this thread suggesting we simply "give them the title cos fairness, la"

Nah.

You all need to be sent to @golden_blunder house for "reconditioning".

Djemba-Djemba

They haven't won the League.

The idea they should just be given the title because some people feel sorry for them is bollocks.

It's unlucky for them but that's just how it is sometimes.

Tarrou

I can't see them giving it to them, it would set a strange precedent and open up a can of worms with what to do with the rest of the league standings

when i started this thread i thought there was a 1 in 1000 chance Liverpool wouldn't get a title because of this

now it's honestly looking like the most likely outcome, which is insane