Could Utd be sold soon?

reddaz71

Imagine if you will in the not too distant future Utd winning away comfortably at Anfield and the Etihad, thats what we are potentially looking at with a takeover of this magnitude, obviously the other side of the coin isn't as savoury.

Vadim

The Mirror reporting that it could happen means it won't happen.
I’d agree but there are whispers coming out of the club that this is in the pipeline as well.

It’s happening basically, just a matter of when...

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Could you point me in the direction of reports of these whispers please?
Castles was talking about it in his podcast, that might be what the poster was referring to.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
John Richardson is the chap that appears on United in Press if I'm not mistaken?

Judas

Open to offers
Imagine if you will in the not too distant future Utd winning away comfortably at Anfield and the Etihad, thats what we are potentially looking at with a takeover of this magnitude, obviously the other side of the coin isn't as savoury.
Eh we've got plenty of money as it is, and spend it dreadfully. Whose to say we wouldn't carry on that pattern with new owners.

I'd fecking hate this to happen, I'd still love Utd, but I'd certainly have very mixed emotions about it all.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Eh we've got plenty of money as it is, and spend it dreadfully. Whose to say we wouldn't carry on that pattern with new owners.

I'd fecking hate this to happen, I'd still love Utd, but I'd certainly have very mixed emotions about it all.
We've got plenty of money but we can't compete financially with City. City have basically carried on blowing millions until they got things right at the back. And as things stand, they have a bigger pull regards players at other clubs...

We have money but City are on a different level. Hence why they can just slap the cash down on 50mil CBs.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
City have a big pull because of Pep currently, he won't be around forever. They pay obscene wages too, but so do we.
City have a bigger pull due to Sheikh Mansour. Their owner didn't buy City to make money out of the club but to take the club to the top in European football. Think he's doing a fine job too...

Giggsyking

City buy better though, they have for years. They have their flops, but they get rid of them as quickly as they're bought most of the time.
how do you think they afford getting rid of their flops as quickly as they do? its money, we dont have that luxury to get rid after one year and buy replacements after one year.

The Last Jedaiiii

Glazer loving Trump supporters or murderous Saudi's,wow what a time to be a United fan.
Guess we really are the Red Devils.
Trump is in hock to the Saudis, so it's not an either/Or situation. Remember that the Glazers supported GW Bush when he stole the 2000 Election from Al Gore. Yes, that War Criminal. He was also in hock to the Saudis. Our own gov't are just as bad as the Saudis (may wants to repeal the Human Rights Act).

Tbh, I don't care if they buy the club as long as it's off the NYSE and not registered outside of the UK.

The Glazers are committing a triple theft at the moment:
1) Not paying taxes in the UK on revenue that is accrued in this country
2) The money they've taken out of the club while asset stripping it to pay off loans they took against United when purchasing our beloved team.
3) Registering the Club on the NYSE so that the UK gov't/London Stock Exchange doesn't get any revenue from shares being sold.

Last edited by a moderator:

SCJY

how do you think they afford getting rid of their flops as quickly as they do? its money, we dont have that luxury to get rid after one year and buy replacements after one year.
Why not? Seems more economical and sensible to move players on after one season if they aren’t what we need. Their value will suffer the least depreciation. Mkhitaryan, kagawa, Depay are recent players moved on fast. I don’t see it as a luxury-thing at all. City just seem like a better-run club at the moment.

Cloud7

Well player contract negotiations would be simpler if MBS takes over....Minor house of Saud royal arrives with suitcase...player thinks it's full of cash.

Suitcase is opened to reveal blood stained bone saw...player gulps and says where do i sign!

Do we want to be run like that?
All contract negotiations will take place at Saudi embassies :nervous:

Offsideagain

City have a bigger pull due to Sheikh Mansour. Their owner didn't buy City to make money out of the club but to take the club to the top in European football. Think he's doing a fine job too...
If you think the Sheik bought a mid table struggling club so he could take them to the top of European football, you are deluded. He was rumoured to be buying Liverpool or Newcastle but they didn’t have any land in their Cities for him to buy. The UAE investment group are property developers and bought City a) Because they had land around the ground b) The Council leader is a City fan and smoothed planning permission and c) he has access to most of Ancoats to redevelop.

If he’s such a fan, why has he only been once? It is part business and part vanity that made him buy it. We don’t hear much about ‘The project’ anymore and after ten years and £3, 000,000,000 and counting they still haven’t won the CL.

This talk of the Saudi’s buying out the Glazers is a joke. Sunni Muslims buying from American Jews? You have to ask yourself what’s in it for the Saudi’s? To make money? They have enough and if it was to make money then they will be as bad as the Glazers. Another bull shit story from the mirror.

Treble

The Glazers won't be able to compete with Mansour because the latter doesn't care about profit and invests everything back in the team. In terms of their political character, City's owners might be horrible, etc. But unlike the Glazers they want success on the pitch first and foremost. FFP has impeded their development for several years prior to Guardiola and their squad was full with aging and mediocre players. But the City Football Group has found a way to dealwith FFP. Now their squad is realatively young and full with talent. The Glazers can't compete with that, unless they find Fergie II.

red thru&thru

If you think the Sheik bought a mid table struggling club so he could take them to the top of European football, you are deluded. He was rumoured to be buying Liverpool or Newcastle but they didn’t have any land in their Cities for him to buy. The UAE investment group are property developers and bought City a) Because they had land around the ground b) The Council leader is a City fan and smoothed planning permission and c) he has access to most of Ancoats to redevelop.

If he’s such a fan, why has he only been once? It is part business and part vanity that made him buy it. We don’t hear much about ‘The project’ anymore and after ten years and £3, 000,000,000 and counting they still haven’t won the CL.

This talk of the Saudi’s buying out the Glazers is a joke. Sunni Muslims buying from American Jews? You have to ask yourself what’s in it for the Saudi’s? To make money? They have enough and if it was to make money then they will be as bad as the Glazers. Another bull shit story from the mirror.
I think buying United would be more about good PR for Saudis. I think they want to be seen as emerging away from medi evil times and more in contact with the 21st century.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

The Sheikh wouldn't have bought City if he didn't have the intention of using his wealth to compete with the very best in world football. Arabs are very competitive in that regard and they have made City the team to beat in England at the very least.

Sunni Muslims buying from Jews? I'm Egyptian myself and what the Saudi regime is doing to the Yemeni people is barbaric and far away from the sunni Islam that is practiced by myself and millions of others. Educate yourself before you make silly statements.

Crustanoid

Not that I want the Saudis to buy us, but looks like BBC are reporting that the Glazers have issued a statement saying they’re not going to sell and are going to keep draining the club. Cancerous parasitic leeches.

Not that I want the Saudis to buy us, but looks like BBC are reporting that the Glazers have issued a statement saying they’re not going to sell and are going to keep draining the club. Cancerous parasitic leeches.
I'm beginning to think the Glazers are posturing - I think for £4bn they would sell

Judas

Open to offers
Glazer's coming out and saying something makes me think there's something in this.

I think buying United would be more about good PR for Saudis. I think they want to be seen as emerging away from medi evil times and more in contact with the 21st century.
Yeah, in one hand they do, then in the another hand....well you know the rest.

sean9988

im sure i read something around the time malcolm died, a couple of his sons wanted to sell their stakes in us?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Glazer's coming out and saying something makes me think there's something in this.

Yeah, in one hand they do, then in the another hand....well you know the rest.
Where you getting this? I can't see it anywhere?

SirAF

Ageist
I'm beginning to think the Glazers are posturing - I think for £4bn they would sell
I think they definitely would. Why wouldn’t they? They are, obviously, in it for the money. Why turn down such a massive ROI?

SqueakyWeasel

Where you getting this? I can't see it anywhere?
Guardian has it on front and back of today's on-line version but the line of reasoning used in the thread above is hilarious.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...immediate-intention-to-sell-manchester-united

A few pages ago people were all … oh, the Glazers are saying nothing so it's true.

Now it's reported that Avram has pulled out of the Saudi "Dessert in the Desert" and denied that even if there were an interest they do not want to sell … everyone is: oh, it must be true then.

The doom merchants will believe whatever they want to believe.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Guardian has it on front and back of today's on-line version but the line of reasoning used in the thread above is hilarious.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...immediate-intention-to-sell-manchester-united

A few pages ago people were all … oh, the Glazers are saying nothing so it's true.

Now it's reported that Avram has pulled out of the Saudi "Dessert in the Desert" and denied that even if there were an interest they do not want to sell … everyone is: oh, it must be true then.

The doom merchants will believe whatever they want to believe.
Cheers.

minoo-utd

Well player contract negotiations would be simpler if MBS takes over....Minor house of Saud royal arrives with suitcase...player thinks it's full of cash.

Suitcase is opened to reveal blood stained bone saw...player gulps and says where do i sign!

Do we want to be run like that?
That's stupid.

reddaz71

There's not much moral high ground tbh whoever owns Utd either the Saudis or The Glazers but if anyone wants to be political then yes SA and human rights don't have much in common whereas the usa can arguably be credited with the creation of isis post 2003. For the actual benefit of Utd from a football perspective then saudi investment would be a good thing as opposed to being pretty much pillaged since 2005.