Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herman Toothrot

Moving him to Sporting would help us, but it's a bit pathetic from Ronaldo. They won't stand a chance in the Champion's League and it'll all be over before the World Cup. If he had half a brain, he'd bin the ego and play a reduced role in United's season, drop the ridiculous gesticulating and embrace the limited ability mentor role. Score some goals, make an impression on the next generation and quietly leave Manchester with what little of his dignity is left.

He'll always be one of the greatest football players of all time, but we'll never forget the gawling lack of grace in his pratfall finale.

GreatDane

Was he not the best player on the team last season ?
Personally I don't think so, I honestly think he hindered the team more than he was a help.
His stats were decent but at the cost of the team.
I don't blame him as so, I was very excited when he signed - but it will be beneficial to us if he left.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Football goes beyond last season, compare the impact both had when they arrive.
Bruno led the team into the champions league and finished second the next year narrow loosing the UEL.
The less said of Ronaldo impact the better...
Ya I mean look I think we can both agree him coming to United was career suicide. United we’re never going to compete for anything and the squad was awful.

He should have said feck it and gone to City like it was supposed to happen. He came back for Ferguson I think.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Ya I mean look I think we can both agree him coming to United was career suicide. United we’re never going to compete for anything and the squad was awful.

He should have said feck it and gone to City like it was supposed to happen. He came back for Ferguson I think.
Do you think there is anything in the rumors?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The team was engineered to make Ronaldo the best player last season. We were basically the Ronaldo Roadshow.

Unpopular opinion but we looked a far more cohesive attacking Unit the two previous season to when he came back.

I'd love for him to go back to Sporting where it all started.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If we pay him to go to Sporting, it would mean Ten Hag doesn't want him.

Trex

The squad finished second and were harmonious before his arrival, they finished second and after previously finished third.
He was disruptive with his big ego and love for grandeur which his goals couldn't balance out like it use to when he use to score 50 goals.
His ego is his biggest problem not united.

Dannn411

Hope he gets a move so we can get his massive wages and ego off the books. Terrible signing. Don't care how many goals he scores, he affects the entire team negatively when he plays because he wants to do nothing else but goal hang. No wonder the entire attack went off the boil last season. As selfish and self absorbed as a player can get.

SportingCP96

Supports
Do you think there is anything in the rumors?
To Sporting?

Absolutely not. It just does not make sense for United to loan him. Especially considering United would pay for the whole wages and as much as petty fans try to deny it United need a goal scorer like him on the team at least for one more year until ETH figures it out. He just as he did last season would Win United games.

However next season when his contract is up I fully expect to see Sporting try to bring the biggest icon in the history of the country home.

This summer their is a 0% chance he goes to Sporting.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Be quite impressed by the decisive nature of the club if we decide we'd rather ship him out on loan than have him here for another season.
Sporting may be the only club to loan him to that we could spin without it looking like a big loss PR wise

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
To Sporting?

Absolutely not. It just does not make sense for United to loan him. Especially considering United would pay for the whole wages and as much as petty fans try to deny it United need a goal scorer like him on the team at least for one more year until ETH figures it out. He just as he did last season would Win United games.

However next season when his contract is up I fully expect to see Sporting try to bring the biggest icon in the history of the country home.

This summer their is a 0% chance he goes to Sporting.
Not sure I agree. I think both parties would be happy to part. I think if Sporting paid €5-10 million as a loan fee I think it's a good deal for both parties.

Abraxas

Come on, as if we're paying for him to go to Sporting. It's debatable we even want rid, but let's say we're happy to go along with Ronaldo's wishes...why on earth would be subsidise that situation? We'd want to free up finances not have to pay the guy AND buy a replacement, that is absurd. He will only go if there's an offer to take him completely with no strings attached.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Come on, as if we're paying for him to go to Sporting. It's debatable we even want rid, but let's say we're happy to go along with Ronaldo's wishes...why on earth would be subsidise that situation? We'd want to free up finances not have to pay the guy AND buy a replacement, that is absurd. He will only go if there's an offer to take him completely with no strings attached.
Might be better than having Ronaldo sulk all season. Let him go back to Sporting and then have him come back as player-manager in 2023

SportingCP96

Supports
Not sure I agree. I think both parties would be happy to part. I think if Sporting paid €5-10 million as a loan fee I think it's a good deal for both parties.
Like I said at that point it would make sense to keep him because they need more then they don’t this season.

Abraxas

Might be better than having Ronaldo sulk all season. Let him go back to Sporting and then have him come back as player-manager in 2023
:lol:

But also, I don't think it'll be that bad if he unwillingly stays. I don't think his ego will allow him to completely give up on his situation. He will want to score goals.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don’t believe it tbh. Portuguese media is probably the most unreliable in the sport. I truly think he’s staying in United.
Have faith. There’s still a month and a half left for him to keep trying every club he can.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Well if he ends up at Sporting it’s safe to say ETH doesn’t want him as a starter, as we’ll be paying some of that wage for sure and the move will be an excuse to get him out.
Some as in all or practically all. I have no idea about Sporting's finances but I imagine their highest paid player isn't even making €50k a week

I rather we send a message by letting him sulk at home rather than pay 95% of his wages so he can have another nostalgia swansong.

TheMod

Just come in this thread...he denied this over an hour ago, why is everyone going on that this is a possibility

the_cliff

Pretty sad that I actually want Ronaldo to leave the club. Guy was my fav player at United growing up now he's a pathetic, shadow of his former self with the ego of the best player in the world.

I've accepted that no serious team in the UCL will want him I just hope ETH can find a way to make it work with him and it not becoming a circus when he does eventually get dropped.

Rolaholic

Interesting the stuff he chooses to deny and the stuff he doesn't eh...

If he was away for simply family reasons he would've made it known a long time ago

Nero

Denied by his PR team that runs his socials as being linked with Sporting isn't good for the brand.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He'll remain here because no decent club wants him.

Someone

Something
Disappointing. Was kinda hoping he'd feck off.

Really don't want him anywhere near the club at this point. Just doesn't feel right anymore.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It makes sense from a United and ten hag perspective. He probably told him he's a squaddie if he stays, so he can look for a new club if he wants. Failed to find a new club, so is going the hometown club angle. Competitively, he wouldn't pick CL group stages and out over a top 6 PL side. Kinda just makes sense like this.
No it definitely makes sense from a Utd perspective, but I meant from his perspective. Seems a massive hit to his image to go to Sporting like this and I can't see him doing that.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
That went and died so fast that I highly doubt it. Naturally he was rumored to United’s rivals. Causes controversy.

As I said their were only 3 options on the table and I’m convinced he stays at United.
He was offered to Chelsea with Mendes holding talks with Boehly and as expected rejected again (Tuchel does not want him for the same reasons other top teams do not want him). Maybe you should call ESPN and share your own facts with them..

www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4700706/chelsea-rule-out-cristiano-ronaldo-signing-from-man-united-sources

SportingCP96

Supports
I don't think we do need him.
Considering your striker options are players like Rashford and martial I would argue otherwise. It will be a long season with those two up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.