Cristiano Ronaldo - Performances (wums will be thread banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
8 goals against Bayern and Atletico, absolutely outstanding. Still got the second leg and most likely the final to score even more.

Zen

Also, there's a certain kind of 'hollowness' to a Champions League triumph if the side that wins it doesn't win their domestic league too as they cannot be called the best team in Europe. The last time Real did that was in the 50s.
Wait, what? Is that legit? Real haven't done the double at all post-Stefano? That's bonkers.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
In terms of their club careers then I can't agree, Ronaldo only has one La Liga title.

Also, there's a certain kind of 'hollowness' to a Champions League triumph if the side that wins it doesn't win their domestic league too as they cannot be called the best team in Europe. The last time Real did that was in the 50s.
I'm not just talking about trophies. Biggest criticism of Ronaldo was usually (apart from the fact that he gave up on dribbling and joga bonito football) that he doesn't perform on the biggest stages. Well, it's hard to argue that now

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Having more knockout goals than group stage goals, especially given just how many scored in each and overall is just insane.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
It wasn't just the goals, it was a complete performance. If one of the midfielders was attacking he pressed and helped the defense. A lot of credit goes to Zidane for the way he has rested him and of course to their quality squad who enables Zidane do that.

I think a few people associated his injury with his decline but he's showing it's not the case. He's 32 and he was outrunning their defense. Everytime critics come his way he makes them look silly

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
I just love how after 10 years, Ronaldo and Messi are still the top dogs. There surely hasn't been two more dominant players in the history of football? Usually by now a younger player would've threatened them, but Bale, Neymar and Suarez aren't even close to dethroning these two.

There's been so much talk this season of their decline and maybe this being the year someone else wins the Balon Dor, and then Messi stomps on Madrid in the Classico and Ronaldo scores 8 goals in 3 CL knockout ties and suddenly everything is normal again.

Football will be boring when they're gone. Absolute geniuses.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He's now scored more goals than games he's played in the CL during his time at Real Madrid. Which is ridiculous. Would be incredible if he could manage to keep that up when and if he hits the 100 game/goal mark.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
And another blast from the past - Ronaldo did not score a CL goal until his 30th game in the competition :lol:

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Wait, what? Is that legit? Real haven't done the double at all post-Stefano? That's bonkers.
Yep, they did it back to back during Di-Stefano's time in the 1956/57 & 57/58 seasons and haven't done it since.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
All thanks to the noodle hair style comeback

wr8_utd

:'(
Please please please bring him back in the summer Mourinho
For what exactly? We create chances but nowhere close to what Madrid do. He'd not be able to touch the numbers he does at Madrid with Martial and Mkhi alongside him.

Baxter

Shows how far behind Bale is. He's lost pace, is made of glass and the team seems to perform worse with him in it. Real would do well to sell him, and build more around Isco and Asensio.

RedRevongge

For what exactly? We create chances but nowhere close to what Madrid do. He'd not be able to touch the numbers he does at Madrid with Martial and Mkhi alongside him.
He would still score a hell of a lot of goals for us. When you look at some of the chances we have missed this season, Ronaldo would have buried them. We would have turned half of our draws into wins. That is why.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
:houllier:

You make it sound like Ronaldo has no involvement in the chances he gets. All three goals today were goals we could've created - they weren't exceptional creative play, they were exceptional predatory play.

RooneyLegend

His movement is the best I've ever seen. He always knows where the ball is going. One of the greatest without a shadow of a doubt, I've never understood why some think there's some big gap between him and Messi.

wr8_utd

:houllier:

You make it sound like Ronaldo has no involvement in the chances he gets. All three goals today were goals we could've created - they weren't exceptional creative play, they were exceptional predatory play.
Not just today but in general. We create a good amount but not close to what Madrid do. Not sure why we would want to buy a 32 year old Ronaldo when we need to rebuild. I'd gladly take back the Ronaldo of 06-08 but just a clinical finisher up top? I guess it would help results wise but I'm not sure he'd be getting those crazy numbers for us.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Not just today but in general. We create a good amount but not close to what Madrid do. Not sure why we would want to buy a 32 year old Ronaldo when we need to rebuild. I'd gladly take back the Ronaldo of 06-08 but just a clinical finisher up top? I guess it would help results wise but I'm not sure he'd be getting those crazy numbers for us.
If you can't see why we would want a player that's just scored back to back hat tricks in the UCL knockout rounds against two of the best teams in Europe then I don't think there's much to discuss. I just find it baffling that his hat trick today is being diminished to him being just a good finisher. He created those goals.

wr8_utd

If you can't see why we would want a player that's just scored back to back hat tricks in the UCL knockout rounds against two of the best teams in Europe then I don't think there's much to discuss. I just find it baffling that his hat trick today is being diminished to him being just a good finisher. He created those goals.
He created a lucky miskick which became a great cross and a fantastic team move and pull back by Vasquez? The second goal was great work undoubtedly.

The kind of crosses that Carvajal and Marcelo and co put in for him to head, he won't be getting any of those at United. None of our players can get a cross that beats the first man and if they somehow manage that, it inevitably meets a defender. Ronaldo and Ramos would struggle to score any goals from corners and crosses in our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.