Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

SER19

Will he lessen the oil clubs chance of oiling Haaland? If so, let him have at it

Regardless of the City stuff I would love him to take the chance to go to PSG so the world can see him and Messi play together. It's something all football fans should be excited to see.

If we're going to have oil clubs distort the game they might as well use their power to do crazy things others could only dream of and create entertaining situations

ufb

Ultimately, the fact that Ronaldo is even entertaining such a transfer says that United mean a lot less to him that fans would like to believe.
This does damage his legacy, and I don't think he cares all that much. We were an employer to him, and people that represent United today have no connection to Ronaldo.

It sorta makes sense that he's optimizing for trophies at this stage. However, long term - once he's done playing football, his legacy outside of the trophy count itself will start to matter. Beyond a level of 'enough' trophies in the cabinet, a lot of the intangibles start to matter in terms of how a player is remembered. A lot of the greatest footballers are defined by fond memories as opposed to their absolute trophy count, and in that sense this could be a case of missing of the forest for the trees.

United fans will stop revering him if this happens, and he'll go down as an exceptional but not beloved player. Juventus fans don't seem to be particularly arsed to lose him, and Madrid weren't exactly devastated to see him move. I doubt his tenure at City will be long enough to matter in the very long run.

He'll be a Madrid legend, but his narrative could've been better. For that same reason, this transfer is disappointing but ultimately doesn't bother me a whole lot.

Judas

Open to offers
Regardless of the City stuff I would love him to take the chance to go to PSG so the world can see him and Messi play together. It's something all football fans should be excited to see.

If we're going to have oil clubs distort the game they might as well use their power to do crazy things others could only dream of and create entertaining situations
A million times more interesting than him going to City.

Powerhouser

Supports
Bayern Munich
What other choice did he have if he wants a shot at winning the CL?

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
Part of me is gutted but can you blame him? Money is king and United ain’t in for him.

I hope if he goes there and stinks the place out, he’s not a Pep kind of system player.

Unfortunately he’s Ronaldo, he’ll see to it they win the league at least…

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Part of me is gutted but can you blame him? Money is king and United ain’t in for him.

I hope if he goes there and stinks the place out, he’s not a Pep kind of system player.

Unfortunately he’s Ronaldo, he’ll see to it they win the league at least…
Yeah, just ask Juve

mu4c_20le

Madrid are stupid to try and sign Mbappe for 150-200m this year instead of him, when they could have both by next summer.

JoaquinJoaquin

I'm sure officially that's what he's on.

But off the records, he'll be on absolutely obscene money going there.
I wouldn't be surprised if City do that with a few players tbh. Bit like when Rugby clubs 'hire' the players wives, as a way of giving extra salary.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I know that for some people he is synonym to the greatest United moments they witnessed and has been our best player at that time. However, as I see it a lot from time to time, can you stop compare this situation and bring Denis Law into it because it is quite frankly embarrassing. Denis practically gave his whole footballing career to United playing for the club 11 years and making more than 400 appearances. The circumstances around the two clubs were quite different at the time, both in terms of club relations and in terms of transfer itself. As been said, the man gave his all in footballing terms to this club and carried himself as a United man with dignity and affection throughout and after his playing years.

Even that time he scored against us (which didn't fecking relegate us!) goes down in memory mostly with how hard he obviously took that goal on himself. Don't remember a worse body reaction from any player once the ball went in.
Aye, it keeps getting repeated on here “Law scored a goal that relegated us” as if it’s fact or truth.

Woodzy

I would say City signing a 36 year old would have absolutely not affect on whether they sign Haaland or not next year.

If anything, much like us having Cavani it makes it more likely if anything that they will be in the market for a younger striker next year.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Aye as if he's being paid that little :lol: the lies City tell.
Be fair, he would only join them for the love of the game. He'd clearly choose football over money. :wenger:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I would say City signing a 36 year old would have absolutely not affect on whether they sign Haaland or not next year.

If anything, much like us having Cavani it makes it more likely if anything that they will be in the market for a younger striker next year.
City aren’t going to be in for Haaland.

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
Schmeichel was probably worse, he quit us after 99 saying wanted to retire and couple seasons later hes playing for City
I’m not a united fan so I may have this wrong but I believe he didn’t say he was going to retire he said he could no lonrger play so many games at such a high level. So he went to Portugal for a short while and then back in England at lower table teams where he wouldn’t have to play as many games too such a high level that he would have to at United.

Coops73

Ronaldo is bigger than Man Utd in world sports. I dont wanna admit it, but its true.

I've never liked him much and always preferred Messi. If he goes to City, feck him.

At the end of the day, nobody can grudge him for this, because he is doing what's best for his career. I think he hardly cares what some Utd fans think, his legacy in football will not change one bit. Infact it will better if he wins stuff here, while Messi went to farmer's league.
That is just not true

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I’m struggling to understand the mental gymnastics required to argue that United are being mature in not paying what is required to get Ronaldo, but somehow they will be willing to pay even more to tempt Haaland next year.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
To be fair, if this goes through, this thread alone will have provided me with the most enjoyment about anything Ronaldo has ever done.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I’m struggling to understand the mental gymnastics required to argue that United are being mature in not paying what is required to get Ronaldo, but somehow they will be willing to pay even more to tempt Haaland next year.
One is 37 and well past his peak. The other is 21 with his peak years ahead of him. Not that hard really.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'd rather have Haaland than a 36 yr old. Especially.one we've already had.

MUFC OK

No no no. If we signed him it would be a poor deal, not forward thinking etc - City sign him and its the greatest transfer ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.