Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaky

Welcome home Ronnie. Stay away from free kick duties though, cheers.

kentafuji

Honestly, if this happens it would be amazing. I would of been pretty disappointed if he had joined city, and didnt really expect us to be in this at all, but that would be amazing.

Some city fans started a petition to get a 'Welcome to Manchester' billboard up ala Tevez... so yeah if this happens an he comes home. Who's paying for that 'Welcome home to Manchester' billboard.

If it does happen too, need a roll call for all the cretins who have been blasting him 'snake and judas' who inevitability will be singing his praises.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
I don't thik this is a good move to make for United, but since I heard City wanted him I have wanted us to sign Ronaldo. I am not even sure how much sense that makes.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Typical of United….no money available to fix the glaring hole in the midfield, but will stump up a fee and break the wage scale (again) to bring in Ronaldo who will eliminate the club from Haaland next summer as a long term fix for the 9 position. So disappointing if our interest is true.
I was thinking that. Like Cavani last window. Diversion tactics from Woody - “look over here! Another big name striker on his way down!!”

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I hope we announce him by doing Real Madrids announcement clip in reverse, when they showed him taking off the United shirt and throwing it in the stands after the Spurs goal? Just get the shirt to fly back on him

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Only wastes chooses City's and PSG's.

Come on mate - show your legend.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He was courting City yesterday which in my opinion is fine. Now he'll declare his eternal love for United. Anyway, as long as he takes James' and Martial's minutes I'm fine.

buchansleftleg

Oh I don't care if this logically makes no sense....I'm just imagining the crowd noise for his first home game after he signs....hair on the back of your neck rises....Shaw crosses....CR7 tap in....SCENES!

It will be worth it just for that moment!

Rooney1987

Mendes planned this whole thing didn't he. We all fell for it and you what I don't care, I'm here for it.

Ronaldo's Love Child

Very objectively - he's not the type of CF we need, and he'll be on a deal that prevents us from going for another CF the next two years, by which he'll be 38. If this were the Ronaldo of even two years ago, winning games on his own, it could have worked, but he's regressed massively. We saw what happened when we decided to ego-challenge Man City by beating them to a past-it forward on exorbitant wages.

Subjectively, his first choice was City. That statement itself leads to outrage and it's the end of the discussion. I hope we don't break all the principles we've recently discovered by signing an aging, immobile player who doesn't want to be here.
You are absolutely right of course. Midfield should be our priority but your ridiculous common sense is pouring cold water on our hysteria. You are like the person at a party who questions the type of alcohol being poured as it doesn't fit in with their eco-friendly ethos. :)

Hughes35

I this really happening????? This would be the most excited I have been about a transfer since I was a kid.

This really is the stuff dreams are made of. The GOAT that is already a club legend coming back to where is all began. Please please please sign a DM as well so Ronaldo can fire us back to the top.

Meep

It's worth it just hearing the reception when he comes onto the pitch!

Will be magic.

chiz2kul

I'm going to have so much fun seeing everyone claiming this would be a disaster signing for City, turn around and say this will be a brilliant signing for us
Exactly. Thats just the way of football

choccy77

The amount of money United will make in merchandising will easily pay for any salary of Ronaldo

RUCK4444

How to explain to wife and kids why I'm stuck to my phone.

I just did. I said Ronaldo is coming to United. I'm sure they'll understand.
My missus doesn't know yet, but when she see's the news she will know exactly what that means and won't even question the phone usage this weekend. :D

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's going to be a superb backup for Daniel James.

Womp

idiot
Jokes aside, if this is a 2 year contract or so and he's happy to take a lesser role next year (he'll be like fecking 38) I'd be all for this. With Haaland being available next summer and him potentially being the greatest striker of his generation, missing out on him could be huge.

I'm just not sure Ronnie's ego would allow that tbh. I hope it does, because he'll be the best CF at the club. Will allow Rashford to go back out left, push Martial out of the side and Cavani can play as backup, as probably he would need to.

Ixion

He almost certainly tried to go to Madrid and PSG and when they said no decided to look at the 567 unread messages since 2009 from Rio

Status
Not open for further replies.