g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

sillwuka

I can see him joining City.

I appreciate him as a player for us, he goes down as a legend for his achievements but the love is all one sided.

I've never really seen Ronaldo wax lyrical about anything United related.

King_Cantona07

I can see him joining City.

I appreciate him as a player for us, he goes down as a legend for his achievements but the love is all one sided.

I've never really seen Ronaldo wax lyrical about anything United related.
There is an interview where he said won’t join city and if money mattered would have gone to Qatar.

Giggsy13

Ronaldo had 3 absolutely world class seasons for us and is roundly adored by our supporters. Rooney who is our record goal scorer divides the fanbase because he had the “audacity” to question whether the Glazers and club would match his ambitions. He was on to something. I respect Ronaldo but he’s more of a Madrid legend than a United one. If he goes to city then it should be a stark reality check for the Ronaldo fan boys in that he doesn’t give a damn about United.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
There is an interview where he said won’t join city and if money mattered would have gone to Qatar.
That was then. Knowing that Messi has fair shot at the CL and is favourite to win the ballon d'or, City would be completely ideal. Great shot at another PL and CL trophy. He only cares about his legacy at this point.

MrEleson

Yeah the interview is from 2015 when he just became Real’s all-time topscorer and probably in his wildest dreams wouldn’t have imagine he would be in the situation he is in now.

He basically committed career suicide the day he left Madrid.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Yeah the interview is from 2015 when he just became Real’s all-time topscorer and probably in his wildest dreams wouldn’t have imagine he would be in the situation he is in now. He basically committed career suicide the day he left Madrid.
:lol:

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
good point, and knowing his ego this would be a crucial factor in his decision
Guardiola (if interested at all) should basically use this as a sort of a litmus test. Whatever one thinks about City they do seem to function well as a team and there is zero place there for all the "me first" bull Ronaldo is famous for. Maximum wage not above De Bryne's level, you get the number we assign you, free kick and penalty takers are decided by the manager. Any hesitancy and the deal is off. When he was ten years younger it probably made sense to indulge him completely, not now.

Giggsy13

Dear Ronaldo, I wrote you but still ain't callin'
I left my cell, my pager, and my home phone at the bottom
I sent two letters back in autumn, you must not-a got 'em
There probably was a problem at the post office or somethin'
Sometimes I scribble addresses too sloppy when I jot 'em
But anyways, feck it, what's been up? Man how's your daughter?
My girlfriend's pregnant too, I'm 'bout to be a father
If I have a daughter, guess what I'm a call her?
I'ma name her Cristiano
I read about your Uncle Ronnie too I'm sorry
I had a friend kill himself over some bitch who didn't want him
I know you probably hear this everyday, but I'm your biggest fan
I even got the underground shit that you did with Sporting
I got a room full of your posters and your pictures man
I like the shit you did with United too, that shit was fat
Anyways, I hope you get this man, hit me back,
Just to chat, truly yours, your biggest fan
This is RedRonaldo
:lol: brilliant.

Silas

Why do people keep bringing up that interview? All he says is that he wouldn't move to City for money. If he moved now, it'd be for trophies.

Zen86

Ronaldo had 3 absolutely world class seasons for us and is roundly adored by our supporters. Rooney who is our record goal scorer divides the fanbase because he had the “audacity” to question whether the Glazers and club would match his ambitions. He was on to something. I respect Ronaldo but he’s more of a Madrid legend than a United one. If he goes to city then it should be a stark reality check for the Ronaldo fan boys in that he doesn’t give a damn about United.
Except that isn't what happened. He kicked off about his contract and threatened to go to City. That's what tarnished his reputation.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I've found it's way worse with Americans. Europeans tend to obsess over individual players but they don't often change their supporting club. Instead they just transfer the obsession over to the new club as a secondary fascination. With Americans, I know loads that just outright changed their team because their favourite brand changed franchise.
Some just appreciate the athlete more than the sport/branding. Given sports teams here are franchises there's more focus on the athlete I feel.

Anyway I will have an existential crises if he went to City so I won't believe it -- smoke screen for Ronaldo to United!

Tee27

I could only speak for myself, but I would still cheer for him when he scores, except against us.
Anyway he is not the first United legend moving to City, Denis Law and big Pete did before him, their legendary status didn’t really diminish even after the played for them (at least for me).
You would celebrate a goal scored by a rival team just because of who the goal scorer is? Unless ronaldo is someone very close to you or family that is just actually very weird. Surely you must realise that.

These new generation fans who fan boy to these ridiculous lengths never fail to astound me.

Yagami

Good post resistant
After Juve signed Arthur, I started watching more Juventus than usual and I think people are underrating his general play. He's obviously not at 06/07 or 07/08 levels of singlehandedly dominating games, but he's still very good. I was surprised at how good he still was after hearing nothing but "penaldo" memes and whatnot. He'd more than hold his own in a Pep team.

Gehrman

Yeah the interview is from 2015 when he just became Real’s all-time topscorer and probably in his wildest dreams wouldn’t have imagine he would be in the situation he is in now.

He basically committed career suicide the day he left Madrid.
Not really. A lot consider it a good move for his journeyman career. He left Real Madrid on a high. Juventus just didn't reach the heights they'd hoped too while he's been there.

RUCK4444

I’m a self confessed Ronaldo fanboy, not quite as committed as RedRonaldo though … :lol:

If I see Ronaldo the player I have adored for years wearing that disgusting blue shirt of Citeh, the most plastic of clubs, the little boy in me who still loves football I fear will die …

It might help expedite the inevitable, which is my ever dwindling love for the game finally falling off the cliff of no return. Would be a truly disgusting sight to behold Ronnie in sky blue, proper gag-inducing.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I’m a self confessed Ronaldo fanboy, not quite as committed as RedRonaldo though … :lol:

If I see Ronaldo the player I have adored for years wearing that disgusting blue shirt of Citeh, the most plastic of clubs, the little boy in me who still loves football I fear will die …

It might help expedite the inevitable, which is my ever dwindling love for the game finally falling off the cliff of no return. Would be a truly disgusting sight to behold Ronnie in sky blue, proper gag-inducing.
ah, dont do yourself a diservice. You arent that far off RedRonldo

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Is he still a dominant player at almost 37 years old? I haven’t watched him much at all since he moved to Juve.

MrEleson

Not really. A lot consider it a good move for his journeyman career. He left Real Madrid on a high. Juventus just didn't reach the heights they'd hoped too while he's been there.
- Probably would’ve won his 6th Ballon D’or (and the first to do so) that year if he didn’t move (Should’ve won ahead of Modric).
-Most likely would have led Madrid to at least another CL final (probably making him a strong contender for his 7th BDOR).
-Would probably have scored another 50 odd goals considering Juve’s defensive style.
-Would have won the league titles he won at Juve at Madrid anyway.

The truth is that Juve never matched his ambition. The team was severely lacking when he joined them.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
- Probably would’ve won his 6th Ballon D’or (and the first to do so) that year if he didn’t move (Should’ve won ahead of Modric).
-Most likely would have led Madrid to at least another CL final (probably making him a strong contender for his 7th BDOR).
-Would probably have scored another 50 odd goals considering Juve’s defensive style.

The truth is that Juve never matched his ambition. The team was severely lacking when he joined them.
He got his money though? He could have stayed at Madrid at the wage he had at the time...

Gehrman

Maybe.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How did I miss these posts. They are like literal excerpts from Insane People Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.