Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixel

Think if he did go to City all the love the fans gave him would soon go down. Probably not completely, but he would be seen as a mercenary, rather than a player who had 2 loves Utd and Madrid.
Ronaldo would never join other PL club than United.
Read the statement he has put out. The only club he mentions is Real Madrid. The only fans he talks about fondly are the Madrid fans. There is zero mention of United. Maybe hard to accept, but the only love he has (if at all) is for Madrid. He wouldn't think twice before joining City.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Read the statement he has put out. The only club he mentions is Real Madrid. The only fans he talks about fondly are the Madrid fans. There is zero mention of United. Maybe hard to accept, but the only love he has (if at all) is for Madrid. He wouldn't think twice before joining City.
I don’t think he’d join city, not even for any love for united but it’d damage his image.

Chelsea on the other hand I could see him joining (if that opportunity ever came up).

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
yep. the love is gone. he often says things like “cristano’s son’s name, make sure you take a big united before we leave, it’s a long drive to the caravan park and we’re not stopping until we’re at least the other side of western-super-mare.”

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Pretty obviously thinking about Leaving Juve, statement is just cover. Protesting too much about the coverage without actually committing his future.

Problem is not many clubs he's prepared to join can afford or want him at the moment?

Oranges038

He won't come back to Utd.

But some people think he would go to City?? That's laughable.

No way he would go there and no way would Pep want him. He hates big personalities. But more importantly he hates strikers.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Juve aren't going to come out and say they want him out.
I know it's speculation but all the noise coming out of Italy for close to a year is that Juve would like to get him off the wage bill.
So points remain there's nothing to suggest the club is "dying to move him on", at most its only speculation by some unreliable outlet, maybe similar to those noises linking Ronaldo to us every summer, never happened.

On the other hand, Pep did publicly say they are looking to move Silva out, right after they signed Grealish. Maybe this fits your description of "dying to move player on" better.

redrobed

He’s going to PSG and Mpbabbe to Madrid. You heard it from RedRobed 1st.

Pep's Suit

It's obvious Juve would like to sell him while Ronaldo has two, maybe three seasons left in him and it's unlikely Juve will win CL in that time. But he really has no options where to go now.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
As long as he doesn't come back to United, I don't really care that much :)

Offsideagain

Silly season has come early. SAF will be on the phone to him and put him right. City can afford his wages anyway unless they conjure up another dodgy sponsor. Chip wrapping paper tomorrow.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
So many words for "no one wants me".
I think you’re not far off with that. All the big talk this year has been of Messi, Ronaldo’s ego won’t like that. That statement was utter drivel put out there just to get his name in the press again as there is nothing really unusual in terms of transfer rumours regarding Ronaldo.

GazTheLegend

I think you’re not far off with that. All the big talk this year has been of Messi, Ronaldo’s ego won’t like that. That statement was utter drivel put out there just to get his name in the press again as there is nothing really unusual in terms of transfer rumours regarding Ronaldo.
Yeah. If anything there's usually a lot MORE nonsense about him. I've seen absolutely nothing this time around excepting possibly Di Maria's statement - which may have irked Cristiano but that felt more a personal thing than anything else.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Think he’s go to City in a heartbeat if they approached him, but don’t think they have any real interest. Would be galling to see, but it’s pretty clear we were just a football club for him. His only real affection seems to be for Sir Alex.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Incredibly, Liverpool are best price favs at 7/1 to sign him. No-one seems to think he will be going anywhere.

DutchCruijff

We should go for him if the price is right. He's still very sharp and would do the job as a LW and a #9 for us. More than that, he brings a special level of professionalism and set of standards with him. Would be a tremendous influence for dressing room.

Cavani won't be available all the time, Martial isn't clearly there anymore and Rashford injured/plus question marks over his quality.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Seriously intriguing what'll happen with him but expect nothing.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Very strange, wonder where could he move now PSG is no longer interest after signing Messi?

Unless Real is going to sign Mbappe this summer....I just can't see Ronaldo moving to anywhere.

bakalhau

Nedved said before the match he's staying apparently.

I'm getting a bit tired of this. He's even been showing up for every marketing piece/kit photos, etc, and the media are just absolutely hanging onto everything to make up news. He's posting pics of him during training with his teammates, seems perfectly happy as is.

He's not going anywhere this transfer window, as I said earlier on in this thread. If he does, I'll be extremely surprised, and will have no qualm in admitting I was wrong.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Genuinely surprised people would want him back here now. He would completely disrupt the team without necessarily improving it where it matters, in the big games. Juventus got him to win the CL, they are further away from it than they were before he came in, and the whole team has to revolve around him. It just takes too much away from players like Bruno, Pogba, or even Sancho and Greenwood.

Really surprised people still want CR7 in 2021.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
If he wants to seriously compete for the CL then City is the move.

Match made in heaven because city need goals and a striker.

With that being said I have no idea what’s going on. I’m guessing he probably sticks with Juve then next year he decides his future.

Red_toad

we should sign him, he will get us the goals we need in games like today
Tbh Cavani would have gotten us a goal or 2 today, we don’t need an even older player smashing the crap out of our wage structure in addition to him, we’ve already been there with Sanchez.

Jaxa

No one in there right mind should turn their nose up at Ronaldo returning when we still have the likes of Matic, Martial, Lingard , James etc getting games for us,

36 or not he’s getting minimum 15 goals a season for you and the morale and energy he’d brings to that changing room would be insane,

Also let’s not forget a 36 year old Thiago Silva was the catalyst for Chelsea last season in defence and they went on to win the UCL,

Bring Ronnie home.

SungSam7

Tbh Cavani would have gotten us a goal or 2 today, we don’t need an even older player smashing the crap out of our wage structure in addition to him, we’ve already been there with Sanchez.
The fact you conpared Sanchez to Ronaldo, one has hunger and determination and the other guy had as much hunger as he did talent playing the piano....

Status
Not open for further replies.