Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodenlung

Not signing Ronaldo in 2021 is probably the best thing United can do. He's the epitome of a short term fix and getting him would not address the main issues we have of chance creation and the screening of our defence.

Most of our signings post Fergie were made with zero long term vision of building a squad. They were a mixture of players desperately needed to plug a gap and also trying to scrabble around to attract any sort of big name signing we could.

We're in a much healthier position now due to eschewing the older way and now actually recruiting players who are good now but could be even better a few years down the line. That's not Ronaldo.

Abraxas

Couldn't care less. There is very, very little "honour" in football, it doesn't surprise me at all. It's hard to imagine nebulous concepts such as legacy mean much to these guys, especially compared against their pay packet, ability to win things and to be in the limelight. Ronaldo seems the definition of somebody that is out for himself, and it's partly that self obsession and drive that's taken him to the top of the tree.

Probably naivety to expect many except some academy products and the occasional more thoughtful player care much for clubs beyond what they do for them. It's a pretty monstrous industry, and an entertaining one.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Messi has always been the GOAT. I don't how people can argue about it. Ever since he left us I never bothered about him anyway. I guess, im kind of okay . Still a traitor.

On the positive side, Kane to us next year sounds very possible now. Unlike Haaland , he won't be going out of PL and Chelsea now has Lukaku.

Kaos

Messi has always been the GOAT. I don't how people can argue about it. Ever since he left us I never bothered about him anyway. I guess, im kind of okay . Still a traitor.

On the positive side, Kane to us next year sounds very possible now. Unlike Haaland , he won't be going out of PL and Chelsea now has Lukaku.
I wouldn't be so sure. Ronaldo can easily throw his toys out of his pram and demand a move to PSG or the MLS next summer, especially if he falls out with control freak Pep. Which means City will definitely be in for Harry Kane again. Heck they might sign Harry Kane anyway for the sake of it, they seem to love hoarding expensive players.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite

Not excited about Kane in 2022. He'll be 29 then, with a dodgy ankle, and still expensive. No thanks.

SmithLogic

This will drag out for the next 2-3 days. Anything is possible in football. Ole said himself. Anything from here is a bonus.

Nicoseth

I am kinda disappointed but honestly, not that bothered if he goes to city. He'll always be one of our best ever players. Think he loves the club to a point, but was always a Real fan. His love for us was more a love for Sir Alex imo. City are getting a 36 year old Ronaldo, who cares? I'm sure he'll score goals, but that's not really a problem for city anyway.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
We're gonna see "HERE WE GO!" sometime tomorrow.
But to where?

if it was going to be here we go, I reckon it would have happened tonight. Again, it’s odly quiet from a lot of important people. The last thing city need is Ronaldo time to dwell on this. If city were that keen, she’d be all over by now, they don’t need to think…

Maybe mendes playing a Rooney 2011.

Seij

Not excited about Kane in 2022. He'll be 29 then, with a dodgy ankle, and still expensive. No thanks.
Levy is the world's most stubborn football chairman and also not fond of us. Kane is stuck there until at least 2024 but chances are I think he'll just end up renewing.

Stormrage101MUFC

I'll be quite disappointed if this happens tbh, which at this point is looking inevitable. I get that he last played for us more than 12 years ago, but joining the arch-rivals is never okay imo. What if he gets Man City the goals they need to win the League, and we finish 2nd because of it?

peridigm

Not excited about Kane at all unless he's going somewhere else to be honest. Never got the hype at this point in his career. I'd rather we sign Haaland or some other young striker.

Stacks

As well as Schmeichel and Tevez. Not again thanks.
Tevez never truly belonged to us. I always felt we were loaning him from that sports company plus we replaced him with Berbertov. Peter Schmeichel was basically finished and City were a lesser club at the time. This is our best ever player joining a direct title rival to help bury us when we are trying to overtake them. Him joining them shows the world Manchester is blue and that we don't need to be taken seriously because you go elsewhere to win. Jesus wept
From Arsenal. Not the same rivalry. For example, if Chelsea hadn't signed Lukaku and instead brought in Ronaldo I don't think we'd see it as a betrayal.

Like when Lampard played for City, most Chelsea fans shrugged their shoulders. However, if he'd moved to Spurs it would have been a very different story.
I think going to a direct title rival to help bury us is always a betrayal mate, but not quite as bad as Pool or City but still disgraceful nonetheless. He doesn't need to go to an EPL side full stop Not like his life is in danger. We have been rivals with Chelsea for nearly 20 years now.

That's because Lampard was finished and Chelsea discarded him to America. I actually know of some Chelsea fans who weren't happy about that but realise he was desperate to play at this level again after being turfed out.

Stormrage101MUFC

Petition to call any future Man City Vs PSG fixtures "Oil Clasico" if this happens.

It'll be Ronaldo Vs Messi again, but this time with oil teams.

Stacks

I'll be quite disappointed if this happens tbh, which at this point is looking inevitable. I get that he last played for us more than 12 years ago, but joining the arch-rivals is never okay imo. What if he gets Man City the goals they need to win the League, and we finish 2nd because of it?
He would never go to Barcelona and do this to Madrid fans so its disrespect if it happens but it might not

Knightmare7

I am kinda disappointed but honestly, not that bothered if he goes to city. He'll always be one of our best ever players. Think he loves the club to a point, but was always a Real fan. His love for us was more a love for Sir Alex imo. City are getting a 36 year old Ronaldo, who cares? I'm sure he'll score goals, but that's not really a problem for city anyway.
Crazy how people hold him up to Messi but he’s not even a top 5 player at United of all time. Rooney, Giggs, Keane, Beckham, Charleton, Best, and Law all meant more and achieved more than him, and that’s not even including Cantona or Scholes among others

Nicoseth

Crazy how people hold him up to Messi but he’s not even a top 5 player at United of all time. Rooney, Giggs, Keane, Beckham, Charleton, Best, and Law all meant more and achieved more than him, and that’s not even including Cantona or Scholes among others
Rooney, giggs, Beckham, keane may all be bigger legends of the club but Ronaldo was and is a better player than any of them. That's just a fact. And comparing Ronaldo to Messi is not crazy. I have always preferred Ronaldo over Messi but there isn't much in it, imo.

Needham

On the bright side, he's 36, not 26.
It's perfect. He spends two years with City failing to win the CL then spends his last genuine peak years aged 38 to 40 spearheading our attack. (Ole will be done completing us in 4 more windows anyway.) After that Ronnie moves to the MLS for a decade before spending his twilight years in China. At 60 he'll probably change his style anyway and be a sort of forward-lying assist-assistant. I can see him back in Portugal at that stage. Come 70, he'll probably think about management or full time modeling.

Frank Sinatra Fan

Agree, Madrid is the biggest club of all time, by a country mile.

Its all history though. The guy is suggesting that young fans are only interested in clubs winning right now and in the future. A six year old wont remember what happened three years ago. Madrid and Barca right now are weaker than I can remember and are competing against privately owned clubs that have access to vast resources. Plus La Liga is struggling to compete with the Premier League. Its why they are so desperate for the Super League.
But every club has low periods. Real Madrid is the type of club that has always bounced back from them. Geez, Real won 3 UCLs in three straight years, one can't ask more from them. It's unrealistic to expect them winning the UCL every year.

Also, Real is about to sign Mbappe. And Barcelona is rebuilding, but they had a worse moment back in the first half of the 2000s.

Frank Sinatra Fan

Rooney, giggs, Beckham, keane may all be bigger legends of the club but Ronaldo was and is a better player than any of them. That's just a fact. And comparing Ronaldo to Messi is not crazy. I have always preferred Ronaldo over Messi but there isn't much in it, imo.
Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are both insanely prolific in their goal numbers, but Messi has the clear edge in assists, free-kicks, technique, playmaking, passing and dribbling. Peak Messi was a godly, unstoppable, ruthless, efficient, magical and objective dribbler tearing defenses apart in a way Cristiano Ronaldo could never match. Even now, Messi is a better dribbler than Cristiano Ronaldo ever was. And Messi has pure technique, ball control, playmaking and passing on a class of his own. Those are the things I value the most in football.

Rojow

Let's see how Madrid works when Pérez isn't around. It will be like United without SAF.

And about Ronaldo, as i said, i really don't care if he goes to City. He will score goals for sure, but he isn't the player he was a few years ago and Premier League isn't Serie A.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Errr… I get that people would hate Ronaldo now if he moves to City, but for feck sake he has won 5 Ballon D’ors, 5 CL and scored nearly 800 career goals (more than Pele), you can’t really say he is not comparable to Messi, and even behind the likes of Rooney, Giggs, Beckham etc, when only very few in history could compare with his achievements (maybe only Pele and Messi could compare)

Needham

Errr… I get that people would hate Ronaldo now if he moves to City, but for feck sake he has won 5 Ballon D’ors, 5 CL and scored nearly 800 career goals (more than Pele), you can’t really say he is not comparable to Messi, and even behind the likes of Rooney, Giggs, Beckham etc, when only very few in history could compare with his achievements (maybe only Pele and Messi could compare)
I wouldn't hate him,, that's a warrior fanboy thing. I want to see it happen because such scandales de futbol add to the gaiety of the sport and are scathingly trivial in real world terms. Boo him, for sure. Daub threats in black spray paint on his house while wearing a balaclava, no problem. But don't waste your energy hating him.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s below Djemba Djemba now

Knightmare7

I should clarify: I’m not saying they’re better players than Ronaldo, but that they all meant more to the club and achieved more honours for the club than Ronaldo did. Ronaldo was a key part of the club, but he was by no means the star that he is today. He was not the biggest fish in the pond during his time at United.

That said, he was young and he wasn’t even in his prime. He gave us great years and was vital to our success.

Sadly for him, he’ll never achieve the Messi levels of adulation that Messi had at Barcelona. Coming up in Barcelona’s system and spending 95% of his career there cements his status. Ronaldo left Sporting, bailed on United, then forced his way out of Madrid before now refusing to play for Juventus. He’s forced his way out of 4 teams and I don’t think any of those fanbases Will go rabid to see him in the building in 30 years

gorky_utd

The only winner in this deal is Juventus. You don't often get a chance like this to sell your biggest deadwood. If they get Sterling also then I fear some of them might die out of laughter.

kthanksbye

Some people think this is going to make the Manchester Derby more interesting.
Pogba will probably be cracking a joke with him in the tunnel before KO, walking with him back to the changing rooms at HT and exchanging shirts at full time.

dabeast

Let Ronnie come to City. He is very immobile now and will screw up their defensive system (why Aguero never played at the end). Also, he will demand a 2-year contract that will hinder them for Haaland next year.

Kane to City would have been much worse for us.

#AgentCrustiano

Status
Not open for further replies.