Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stability

Supports
Manchester City
City fan here - would you guys actually want to sign Ronaldo if he wasn't linked with City?

It feels like you're already loaded with players up top, and have a like-for-like stop gap goal scorer in Cavani already at the club. I can't see the sense in you signing him from a footballing stand point, who doesn't play to shoehorn him in?

City clearly just need someone to finish off the chances created and put it in the net, Ronaldo ticks that box for us.

Either way, comical transfer window so far.

Woodzy

The more I think about it the more it makes sense.

Our attacking line up includes Mata, Lingard, Martial and James currently. We easily have room for Ronaldo.

Dobba

City fan here - would you guys actually want to sign Ronaldo if he wasn't linked with City?

It feels like you're already loaded with players up top, and have a like-for-like stop gap goal scorer in Cavani already at the club. I can't see the sense in you signing him from a footballing stand point, who doesn't play to shoehorn him in?

City clearly just need someone to finish off the chances created and put it in the bag, Ronaldo ticks that box for us.

Cavani for the 4 months of the season he's in South America/quarentine.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
This is too much for me. I've already turned on him, now I have to turn back again and look like a hypocrite?

Mr Smith

Hope we get involved to scare City off and then pull out at the last minute on deadline day. Is that broken fax machine still knocking around?

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Well there goes me doing anything productive with my bank holiday weekend. Spamming F5 instead it is.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Romano mentioned yesterday that Ronaldo was offered to us. So I would not call him out on this one.. these things change quickly

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
No money available for the midfield unless we sell, but now suddenly we can afford this? Glazers never learn.

El B

Love the guy as a footballer and he'd undoubtedly score goals. Awful signing though when the squad is overly stacked with players who can play LWF/CF

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

City clearly just need someone to finish off the chances created and put it in the net, Ronaldo ticks that box for us.

Do you want him?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Fergie driving to Manchester Airport and stands and wait for Cristiano to walk out the gate, with the same look he had when he wanted for him at the stairs after the Euros would be the ultimate fanfiction/fanerotica.

Stability

Supports
Manchester City
Cavani for the 4 months of the season he's in South America/quarentine.
£500k/week for a couple of years for a player to fill a four month gap doesn't ring true to me!

Greenwood and Martial both would fill that gap from your current roster surely (unless Martial leaves but I've not seen much on that).

Dash247

This thread is turning into so many mixed emotions.

I see posts from saying Ef him, to He's coming home, to we don't need him, to we don't want to him but don't want our city rivals to have him also, to we should be in this.
It's an amazing drama. I love it.

We can't deny that he is a very important part of our club history. If he decides to go with City, it would tarnish his legacy a lot.
We as a club should totally be in it even if he decides to go to man city. That way it doesn't look like we didn't try.

For me, I would love to see him United shirt one last time, but I can't really justify it.

PROS
  • He is 36 but he is as fit as a 28 to 30-year-old. He can easily play 2 more seasons of top-level football.
  • He will surely score 25-30 goals at least.
  • He will bring in a lot of merch revenue.

CONS
  • He would want to start every single game. how does this affect the development of mason and other very promising young lads we have.
  • Ego clashes
  • What would Pogba and Bruno feel about this?

I am loving the drama. Let's see how it unfolds.

RepardReece

After the Southampton game yes. If Martial is going to lead our line whilst Cavani is out (may be out till November with international or whatever) then yes.

RUCK4444

We literally have no top level no 9 with Cavani playing fecking friendlies.

Ronnie is a god, he's welcome here regardless (at least to me) - but we do need him, no doubt about it he improves us compared to what we have. Ole likes a true no 9 in this mould, he starts every game if we get him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Love the guy as a footballer and he'd undoubtedly score goals. Awful signing though when the squad is overly stacked with players who can play LWF/CF
Awful signing?
Martial is in woeful form, Cavani seems to not have his mind here, Rashford is out for 3months and not a proper central striker anyway.
Greenwood is still ...green!

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

Nope. We wouldn’t. You have to give Mendes his due for this! He knows what he’s doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.