Dalot or AWB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCAES_7

Sell Dalot, Bench AWB, and try to get Hakimi was always my preference but now with the rape case we should stay away. What happened to Lamptey is he any good still or a half a season wonder?

Yakuza_devils

Keep both and depending on form and opponent to select the RB. The position is not urgent for us to address. We have many other priorities.

Oranges038

Keep both and depending on form and opponent to select the RB. The position is not urgent for us to address. We have many other priorities.
Neither of them is good enough.

Both have glaring issues in attack and defence, that don't actually get compensated by the other playing.

They both need to go.

If as reported Utd are interested in Frimpong, you could sell both of these clowns and bring him in and Laird / someone else as backup. Kenny Tete might be worth looking at in this respect.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Wan-Bissaka has always been better for my money. Although Dalot has improved a lot defensively. Bissaka is far better going forward, despite narrative to the contrary and excellent 1v1. That said, Dalot is positionally better in defence, and better in midfield.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Dalot consistently makes me nervous when he has to defend and infuriated when he is going forwards.

These really aren't good trends to have as a player. His decision making going forwards is astoundingly bad.

He does attacking things more confidently than most defenders would, but the problem is they are things like confidently shooting 40 metres over the bar from half a mile out, confidently passing the ball (badly) to an offside team mate when he has a literal open goal, confidently booting the ball off for a goal kick after we press and win it high up the pitch etc.

He's just far too often a menace to his own team

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
AWB but neither is good enough

PSV

I don't know why people want Frimpong to replace these two, he's even less of a defender than them.

He'd probably be an upgrade on our RW though.

Dve

In current form, I prefer Bissaka, but the two of them is all we need at right back, imo. I see no reason to do anything in this department.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Dalot is in poor form, for sure. Has to be AwB now until he fecks up or Dalot has a blinder

sirAlexsglasses

I always look at the players in the tunnel and as they come out, watch Dalot in the tunnel he did not look up for this game at all. He was too busy trying to keep his hands warm, little things like that tell me about a players attitude…..he looked like he didn’t want to be out in this weather. i feel much safer with AWB when we have tricky wingers coming with pace as he reminds me so much of Des Walker…..remember the chant “you‘ll never beat Des Walker” but he can be lacking going forward (although he has improved there) whereas Dalot can be better going forward but he is a nightmare when wingers run at him, he is all over tj place.

Long Time Red

Second time in a few weeks Wan-Bissaka comes on and completely shuts down a team's left side and even offers more going forward as well.

Wan-Bissaka is the far, far superior player.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Dalot should be nowhere near the first XI right now.

space

Dalot doesn't look quite right at the moment, AWB playing much better

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Wan Bissaka in good nick lately. Hopefully we see pre-World Cup Dalot again before the end of the season and we shouldn't need an RB.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Wan Bissaka in good nick lately. Hopefully we see pre-World Cup Dalot again before the end of the season and we shouldn't need an RB.
We definitely need a right back and it should be Dalot first in line to leave.

SAFMUTD

Dalot's form has fallen of a cliff, AWB is better a the moment without a doubt.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I don’t think this is even a question worth asking anymore.
Just like I'm sure it wasn't a question worth asking a few months ago when Dalot was in great form and AWB was shite. :lol:

Rolaholic

Don't see any reason at all why Dalot should be starting ahead of AWB to finish off the season honestly.

He's thoroughly outplayed him since the WC break which is crazy seeing how well Dalot was performing prior.

We're so much more solid defensively with him though even with the occasional lapses at the far post.

He still gives attackers much less space and breathing room to operate in than Dalot. Also makes it a constant physical battle for the opposition which I'm sure opposing forwards must hate to come up against again and again over the course of a match.

-Supreme-

I would prefer to keep AWB and bring in a attacking fullback but ultimately it depends on who gets us the most money

Nick7

Just like I'm sure it wasn't a question worth asking a few months ago when Dalot was in great form and AWB was shite. :lol:
Even then I had posted, and been told off by experts on here, that there’s a player in AWB. Dalot was great at the start of the season, but I’ve pretty consistently not liked him (this is an understatement) outside of that 4 months or so earlier in the season.

Lebo

I’m sold on AWB. I’m one of his biggest critics but he is proving me wrong. On the bright side we don’t need a starting or back up fullback for the forseable future. Buy Eriksen competitor/ replacement plus a striker and this team is going for the title next year

kaku06

Aaron wan bissaka and it’s even close. We need to upgrade on dalot.

rooney2009

AWB for now
Choose them on form
Dalot is not match fit at the moment and he was injured for a while so he probably needs more time to get back to his normal levels

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
A right back should be very high up on our summer list.

AWB is putting himself about so fair play to the lad but he's nowhere near good enough for where we want to go. Dalot started season well but since world cup he's been very poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.