Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Made some good runs yesterday.

It was pretty strange to see an actual winger playing right and not one like Mata or Lingard constently inside.

It gave us width and gave us other solution.

He still need to get use to this level of physicality or intensity, but his work rate is pretty good.

He will be a good asset to the team in a few months.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He's going to draw loads of fouls this year. You could see that he doesn't have the confidence fully to take players on but by the end of the game he felt it a bit. Weirdly Traore coming on and doing it might have helped him a bit. He tapped it round someone towards the end of the game and blitzed them. Probably won't see the best of him until midway through the season but first signs look good.

Smores

Not quite ready yet but that's to be expected. Hope we don't rely on him too much, he should be in and out the team.

Renegade

I think he's one of those lads like park. Even when he's not getting much joy going forward he justifies his place through industry. His final ball definitely needs work though. Hits the first man in the box a lot. He'll be an important player for us I reckon.
I agree, the problem can be having too many industry players in the team at the same time. Lingard,Mctominay and James.

Alabaster Codify7

We saw his limitations last night but we knew that anyway.

He isn't a starter really, he's not technically good enough (same goes for Lingard) but a highly useful impact substitute.

Saying that, it was disheartening to see Traore showcase what a real impact substitute can do when he (the same type of player as James) decimated Shaw for 45mins. James never really got going all game.

Marcelinho87

The next manager will drop him like a brick, you don’t need twenty games to see this lad is an average footballer who happens to be quick, his technique is poor. Nowhere near Utd quality.
SAF would have made this kid into a star, I am sure of it.

He can improve technically and he has the right attitude.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Was good to have some width on that side finally. I like what au saw from him. Will be an asset defensively if nothing else.

Sylar

Hes defo gonna get fouled a lot. But i reckon hes going to get booked a few times trying to avoid challenges too.

Its nice to have somebody out wide who is willing to use the width. Should get better over the season but does indeed seem an impact player now, which isnt the worst thing.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Think some people had an unrealistic expectation of the player we were buying.

dev1l

As with most young players we have to be patient with him. Like Mctominay, Perriera and others he s not the finished product yet.
Passing judgements after 90 mins of premiership football barely helps

Jonno

Will be a distant memory in 5 years
That's the spirit.

He's scored on his debut against Chelsea, he's held his own at Wolves, one of the hardest working, intense teams in the division, both in his first 2 games.

He's shown incredible professionalism and dedication in his training and has obvious attributes. His decision making needs to improve but it's incredibly harsh to expect that from him after 2 months with the club.

Some fans have absolutely no patience whatsoever. Writing a young player off after 1 and a half games.... incredible.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Lots of talk about his speed. He is using it very good on tracking back or in counters( Chelsea goal) but during the game he is not using it much. Traore is limited player but he destroyed Shaw who is good defensive player.
James is not using it like that. I would love to see from him that he attacks his player. Trying to run past him and cross or pass.

Red00012

I don’t think he should have been selected to start , Wolves away was always going to be difficult. Palace at home would have been ideal 70000 roaring you on against a team we should be beating.

He’s very raw but I see potential there, he can only improve.

TypeR

He’s fecking rapid, the lad. Kinda like how Valencia was pre-leg break before he got hooked on juicing and became a (literal) tank.

El-Manos

His confidence isn’t all there yet. We’ll see a different player once he does. A stop gap for Sancho hopefully though.

Beaucoup

That's the spirit.

He's scored on his debut against Chelsea, he's held his own at Wolves, one of the hardest working, intense teams in the division, both in his first 2 games.

He's shown incredible professionalism and dedication in his training and has obvious attributes. His decision making needs to improve but it's incredibly harsh to expect that from him after 2 months with the club.

Some fans have absolutely no patience whatsoever. Writing a young player off after 1 and a half games.... incredible.

I've no doubt he's got a great attitude and he tracks back and puts a shift in, is this all we expect from an attacking player? his lack of technical and natural ability is there for all to see, can he improve, yes he can, but I very much doubt he will ever be good enough based on the 5 or 6 games I've seen him play. I'd rather we spent the money either bringing in exceptional younger talent or investing in the future of our own young players like Greenwood who looks like a real top player in the making.

We've got plenty of mediocre players in the squad already, I don't see the point of adding more.

Pierluigi Casiraghi

Not sure how people have decided he "did well". Good energy and all that but was rather poor with the ball.

No big deal obviously, he's got plenty more time to gain experience and find his feet at the top level.

Stevondo8

He did ok, particularly off the ball. Tough game really for a first start against what is a fairly handy wolves team.

Feel him and AWB work well together, but needs more composure in the final third. This season, can see him having his biggest impacts against the better teams who are more open and therefore will afford him more space in behind/on the counter.

luke511

Off the ball he was quality, on the ball a bit shaky, which is understandable to say he was playing on his weaker side in front of a roaring crowd booing him throughout.

TypeR

Off the ball he was quality, on the ball a bit shaky, which is understandable to say he was playing on his weaker side in front of a roaring crowd booing him throughout.
I thought so too. On the left he seems to have more options; to rinse his man round the outside, or to cut in, or to pass and make a run in behind. On the right he's much more limited in variety of play.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think that he should alternate with Greenwood on a 60/30 basis. There is no point bringing either of them only in the last 5 minutes of games. They both need game time and probably neither of them are ready to play full games week in week out.
I'd be happy with that, it benefits both players. I wouldn't even mind 70/20, but like you said, bringing someone on for the last 5 minutes is pretty pointess.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He did well considering he was playing on his weaker side and it was his first start for the club.
His final ball needs a bit of work but that's hardly surprising.
He did put one or two nice balls in but crossing is a two way street, your forwards need to be alive to balls into the box.
It's just nice to see an actual wide player at the club again, it feels like it's been years since we had a proper winger.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Have I missed something here, he was our best attacker all match.

Rashford did feck all, lingard is just pathetic at everything and martial was quiet apart from his goal.

So stupid people are writing him off with one match ffs.
His post is nonsense. He wasn't the best f our attackers. 2 of the guys you're trying to slate contributed to a goal.

Rashford assisted Martial who then scored. Not to mentioned Martial played Pogba who then went on to win the penalty. This is what you want from your attacking players, to be influencial and a threat going forward.

Only Lingard had a worse performance then him out of the front 4.

romufc

His post is nonsense. He wasn't the best f our attackers. 2 of the guys you're trying to slate contributed to a goal.

Rashford assisted Martial who then scored. Not to mentioned Martial played Pogba who then went on to win the penalty. This is what you want from your attacking players, to be influencial and a threat going forward.

Only Lingard had a worse performance then him out of the front 4.
I think James played quite well. We have the left hand side where Rashford comes in and having a Right Winger who stays wide is a good change. Although, I agree that he needs to improve on his crossing and final ball, he started numerous counter attacks for us by him working hard for the team.

People have the perception that we need 11 of the most talented and gifted footballers on the pitch, sometimes a lad like this is what we need.

jeff_goldblum

There's potential with James and pace is always valuable - even on bad days he scares defenders and draws fouls and a competent ref would have given 2 more yellows for fouls on him against Wolves. He's not a finished product and jury's out on whether he can step up to be top class but I'm not sure we have a better option on the right at the moment. I'd like to see him get a shot on the left in games where one of Martial and Rashford are being rested to see what he can really do on the ball.

Kostov

I think he was very good, dare I say even better than Rashford despite his assist (I think Marcus intended that for Shaw).

deleon

In the first half he stayed (and was tracked) so wide that there was a consistent opening in the channels. Whenever one of the Wolves centrebacks stepped up, the throughball to Rashford/Martial was on. It's a shame we never exploited that gap.

He has yet to show his ability on the ball, however. For now I think it's okay that his game is being limited to hitting the byline when that's on, otherwise recycling possession to a nearby teammate. We will see how well his technical abilities mature over the next two or so years.

Lentwood

Typical of the overwhelming negativity around the place at the moment

James did fine, pressed well, recovered the ball well, beat his man all ends up on a couple of occasions, had to be cynically fouled on a couple of occasions to prevent dangerous breakaways

Clearly not a Ronaldo-level talent on the technique scale, I think we can say that for sure, however, it's perfectly possible to have lots of good, functional players in a very good side. Just look at Liverpool

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think that he should alternate with Greenwood on a 60/30 basis. There is no point bringing either of them only in the last 5 minutes of games. They both need game time and probably neither of them are ready to play full games week in week out.
Yeah I agree. I'd just try them both out to see who looks more ready and then persist with the pair of them on a rotational basis.

As for judging him based on two games, it's extremely early and he needs to be given time cosndering his age and the league he has moved from. But I think he'll be a solid player - possibly the sort who becomes a favourite in a very good team (Milner, Wijnaldum, Chicharito etc) rather than someone who comes in and hugely improves a WIP outfit. But he's young and all this is mere conjecture. We'll know over the course of the season the level of talent he has. At least from all accounts, he's someone with a great attitude.

SteveW

He's fine. Great pressing and defensive effort. Shored up that side with AWB.

He just needs more top level football to get on the same attacking wavelength as his team mates. People forget this is only his second season of senior football and he's just stepped up a league. His pace gives him a great chance and his touch, delivery etc are far from terrible. I think he'll be fine once we have a little bit of patience with him.

Hammondo

Hes defo gonna get fouled a lot. But i reckon hes going to get booked a few times trying to avoid challenges too.

Its nice to have somebody out wide who is willing to use the width. Should get better over the season but does indeed seem an impact player now, which isnt the worst thing.
He dived last night, not just avoided.

Sylar

He dived last night, not just avoided.
Sure, but I think its gonna happen going forward. I remember Bale getting a slight clip at his pace, and going down (which will happen at that speed). But people said he dived. I reckon thats also gonna happen.

Apokalips

Not sure what people expect from this lad. He hardly tore up the Championship and we've seen guys who actually tear up that league struggle.

No idea why Ole played him so long either. His speed is mega impressive but he should be a squad man.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Reminds me of Walcott. Going to need a lot of work on his technique until he can put in a serviceable cross and link up with the central players properly.

Probably worth persevering with him for a little while though.

Renegade

Needs to be eased in, last 20/30 minutes of a match.

Was worried Ole would start using him as an important player so early.

Status
Not open for further replies.