Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Shocking that Ole saw a real talent in this fellow. Also, a reminder not to every trust Giggs on such, (or any?) matters.

Kag

So what happened today is exactly what I thought would happen last week: hooked before the sixty minute mark.

Absolutely horrible performance, that. He isn’t good enough and Ole was wrong to start him. It also makes the decision to start him against Leeds look more like a lucky gamble as opposed to a thoughtful decision.

peridigm

So what happened today is exactly what I thought would happen last week: hooked before the sixty minute mark.

Absolutely horrible performance, that. He isn’t good enough and Ole was wrong to start him. It also makes the decision to start him against Leeds look more like a lucky gamble as opposed to a thoughtful decision.
Ole gambled with Leads and it paid off. Should have taken his money and left instead of pulling the one arm bandit again.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He played alright for me, one or two really nice moments, helped set up the 2nd. I don't think he's really Man United quality tbh but that wasn't a shit performance at all.

SAFMUTD

But at least James works hard and doesn’t moan, which is admirable.
I'd say is the bare minimum, not admirable. That would be something, in top of being shit moaning, can't give yourself that luxury when you're so poor.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Can he put Trent Alexander Arnold under pressure with his pace? Who is faster?
Arnold Alexander isn't an outright pace meister like James is he?
But just being able to outrun him won't be enough.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Is anybody surprised he had a shitty game again? The more we play him the harder it will be to move him on. I hope he's on really low wages otherwise were stuck him him.
Low wages by top premier league team.
But still in the 40-50k a week terrain.

El Zoido

He’s fast but so tiny and weak he can’t take advantage of it. He looks like a U13’s player trying to play with adults. Compare him to Rashford for example, who is also rapid, but can effectively use his physique to outmuscle opponents. James’ pace is a seriously overrated attribute. Pure pace won’t help when you’re that small, you need to be technically gifted on the ball (think Messi). James is basically a pace merchant that doesn’t have the right body to be able to take advantage of it.

Rossa

I for one have never seen him outpace a full back. With the ball he is average pace for a top level player.
He outpaced bloody Walker. He and Traore are probably the fastest in the league. If you don’t think he’s good, then I don’t necessarily disagree, but he is rapid as feck. If you do not believe me, and since you haven’t seen him run:
he sometimes thinks too much when running instead of trusting himself more. Today, he was in open space and could have taken on Fofana, and probably won, but he decided to try a pass to a wide open Bruno.

LJJT

He played quite well today. Did well to help make the first goal, helped defensively very well. He had no worse a game than rashford or martial, I find it odd why people can’t be balanced with their views.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He outpaced bloody Walker. He and Traore are probably the fastest in the league. If you don’t think he’s good, then I don’t necessarily disagree, but he is rapid as feck. If you do not believe me, and since you haven’t seen him run:
he sometimes thinks too much when running instead of trusting himself more. Today, he was in open space and could have taken on Fofana, and probably won, but he decided to try a pass to a wide open Bruno.
Using a YouTube compilation of him probably isn’t the best way to rebuff someone’s argument. I could find a YouTube compilation video of Phil Jones looking like Franco Baresi.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
There's a reason all those clips are in the championship, you can't play kick and run football in the Premier league.

Rossa

Using a YouTube compilation of him probably isn’t the best way to rebuff someone’s argument. I could find a YouTube compilation video of Phil Jones looking like Franco Baresi.
It shows his speed, which was the only argument. I can find another where he outpaces Walker. It actually demonstrates that he is properly fast. More so to the ball, but also with it.

Rossa

There's a reason all those clips are in the championship, you can't play kick and run football in the Premier league.
I never argued he’s Giggs reborn. I just said he’s fast. Giggs said he’s faster than he ever was and the fastest footballer he ever saw. Similar comments have been made numerous times. He’s weak, a poor dribbler, tactically not good at using his speed, but he is bloody quick. Look at his race against Salah for instance.

dev1l

I never argued he’s Giggs reborn. I just said he’s fast. Giggs said he’s faster than he ever was and the fastest footballer he ever saw. Similar comments have been made numerous times. He’s weak, a poor dribbler, tactically not good at using his speed, but he is bloody quick. Look at his race against Salah for instance.
Don't bother mate. For some experts over here, everything is black or white. Their favourite players are supermen, the ones they loathe,they are totally useless.:)

Rossa

Don't bother mate. For some experts over here, everything is black or white. Their favourite players are supermen, the ones they loathe,they are totally useless.:)
Cheers, mate. I know. I mean we all have our favourites, but calling James slow, or not that fast, when he outpaced every other United player by 5 yards in a short sprint, is beyond ridiculous.

I don’t get the animosity in this place against our own players. As you said, its very black and white.

United in sin

His pace is useless unless he's up against a team like Leeds week in week out. Terrible footballer to be fair. If he left united today he'd be forgotten pretty quickly

Last edited:

dev1l

Cheers, mate. I know. I mean we all have our favourites, but calling James slow, or not that fast, when he outpaced every other United player by 5 yards in a short sprint, is beyond ridiculous.

I don’t get the animosity in this place against our own players. As you said, its very black and white.
Typical stupid stuff on forums :)
Like when some idiots over here first invented the United Brexit team idea then started believing it.
Totally clueless :)

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Wait is someone saying Dan f*cking James isn't quick?

Have they ever seen the lad play football?!

VivaRonaldo85

Surely can never be good enough to start for United in a PL game, 2nd vs 3rd, resting players or not. Waste of a sub

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
He has good movement, makes good runs but he is clueless with the ball at his feet. His decision making is so poor, he doesn't know when to just slow the time, take an extra second to make the right move. Kind of important stuff.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's just nowhere near good enough. If there was an offer from Leeds, we should have sold him.

Dante

Average bang
Very poor today. Repeatedly got the basics wrong. And he weirdly looked short of confidence despite a decent performance against Leeds only 6 days ago.

MattofManchester

He actually makes me wonder if Lingard is a better choice for inclusion.

Its not his fault, because he never should have signed here. Spending 18m on this guy was a weird way of trying to fix the RW.

He's really simply not good enough at any level that this club needs.

wolvored

He reminds me of a poor mans Walcott. He can run all day, but you will get one good game and 4 poor out of 5. I would certainly see if we could get our money back in the summer. Hes 23 so hes not exactly a kid in football terms. We havent got the luxury of keep trying him like we had with Fletcher, as we havent got a team of WC or close to carry him.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Well if your point was he's fast but useless at everything else to do with football then agreed.

SAFMUTD

Did well for the first goal.
Some keep repeating this, you all know he misplaced a simple pass and that's why Bruno ended up pointing the ball and creating the assist to Rashford.

The fact that Bruno created magic from shit doesn't changes the fact that it was shit in first place.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Some keep repeating this, you all know he misplaced a simple pass and that's why Bruno ended up pointing the ball and creating the assist to Rashford.

The fact that Bruno created magic from shit doesn't changes the fact that it was shit in first place.
He did well to work the position and make the pass, it created a passage for Bruno to create a goal whether or not he intended it to go exactly into the perfect position for Bruno. Shit in his dinner and make him eat it if you want, I don't really care, but he did well and Bruno/Rashford were able to profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.