g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Daniel James - Manchester United player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Erm, cool, I guess. Hopefully he's decent.

Hopefully we can sign some defenders and midfielders soon. Left wing isn't really a position we needed to strengthen.

Is this the same Matthew James we let go a couple of seasons ago?
Well considering his name is Daniel, I'm gonna say no?

-Supreme-

Given our history I cannot believe our last British signing was Luke Shaw in 2014, and attacking player was Zaha in 2012

I'm really looking forward to seeing him play, will suprise a few people especially coming off the bench against tiring legs - dare me to say it but he has potential to make Ronaldo style impact in his first season.

Kemizee

Call me a pessimist or cynic but this is very much in line with our plans as a club. A no name winger from the Championship to make us serious contenders? Same with Ole, a cheap budget, pliable and easily manipulated manager to go.

The Glazers have really turned our club into a farce. You just know it's gonna be another summer we sign three players who are not elite level and up to scratch and some will moan and eventually come to terms and begin the annual 'It' s Martial and Rashford's year' or ' Would Jones and Smalling look any worse than Aldeweird and Vertonghen' threads after decent performances against a more shitty team. Look at Real Madrid's response after having a terrible season.

City are looking to upgrade even on Walker.and Fernandinho. That tells you the difference in the mindset and ambitions of the respective owners.

I know I will hear cries of 'the transfer window just opened' but does a leopard ever change spots?

Anyways can't wait for the the same annual responses, debates and criticism towards these wankers masquerading as PL players in our team.

Anyway, welcome to James and wish you all the best in the midst of turds.

Last edited:

stu_1992

Nice to see some transfer activity get going. Decent start, a promising young player. I'm excited to see if he can step up as if he can adapt his pace could be a devastating weapon. I guess we're playing to put him in the right when he does play as we have a overload on the left, but it looks like he's flexible enough to interchange so that's promising for trying to build a fluid attack. Good start, let's see where we can go from here.

Walters_19_MuFc

Welcome to Man United!

From what I've seen from him, he'll be a good additon to our squad, and someone who will bring a much needed directness to the wide positions.

Will Singh

Plays on the left and will make Martial get he's ass in gear, be interesting to see if we play him on the right as he's much better the Mata and JlingZ.

SAFMUTD

Rather disappointing to see othe clubs buying players like Hazard, Jovic, Militao, De Jong, Lucas Hernandez, Pavard...and the richest club in the world? Some no name from the championship

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Call me a pessimist or cynic but this is very much in line with our plans as a club. A no name winger from the Championship to make us serious contenders? Same with Ole, a cheap budget, pliable and easily manipulated manager to go.

The Glazers have really turned our club into a farce. You just know it's gonna be another summer we sign three players who are not elite level and up to scratch and some will moan and eventually come to terms and begin the annual 'It' s Martial and Rashford's year' or ' Would Jones and Smalling look any worse than Aldeweird and Vertonghen' threads after decent performances against a more shitty team. Look at Real Madrid's response after having a terrible season.

City are looking to upgrade even on Walker.and Fernandinho. That tells you the difference in the mindset and ambitions of the owner.

I know I will hear cries of 'the transfer window just opened' but does a leopard ever change spots?

Anyways can't wait for the the same annual responses, debates and criticism towards these wankers masquerading as PL players in our team.

Anyway, welcome to James and wish you all the best in the midst of turds.
Rather disappointing to see othe clubs buying players like Hazard, Jovic, Militao, De Jong, Lucas Hernandez, Pavard...and the richest club in the world? Some no name from the championship
At least wait until the window closes and we've not signed anyone before having a moan, guys. :lol:

SAFMUTD

At least wait until the window closes and we've not signed anyone before having a moan, guys. :lol:
The proper managed clubs have a plan and theyre executing it. Madrid has signed 5 big name players now, and it seems like a matter of time before they sign Mendy as well.

While us, we are a joke. Mark my words, we wont sign any top talent.

Ban

The proper managed clubs have a plan and theyre executing it. Madrid has signed 5 big name players now, and it seems like a matter of time before they sign Mendy as well.

While us, we are a joke. Mark my words, we wont sign any top talent.
Cafe in a nutshell. :drool:

mu4c_20le

Madrid are the richest club in the world... they overtook us earlier this year

Mike Smalling

Need a super well-produced YouTube compilation to get the hype going!

Last edited:

Luke1995

I hope he is played as a winger and Ole doesn't try to turn him into a central midfielder or a number nine

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Well done for what?

Save the well dones for the cnut when the season starts. I remember people praising him for signing Dalot and Fred early last year. Then after that it was a mess.
My thoughts exactly.
How difficult can it be for an EPL club, offering big wages, to sign a young player from the Championship.

I still remember when people on this forum and in the media were wanking Woodward off, after he signed Morgan Schneiderlin and B.Schweinsteiger.
The standards at this club and what is expected from Woodward is now so low that we pat Woodward on the back for signing a Championship player (nothing wrong with the player, but there is everything wrong with Woodward and his failures during the last 6 years).

Hal9000

Glad Kompany is gone from the league. Can imagine what he would do when James motors past him

Fooza

Please let this signing work, the pessimist in me has never seen signings like this work for as far as I remember.

Don't be another a Powell esque signing

Welcome James

Balljy

My thoughts exactly.
How difficult can it be for an EPL club, offering big wages, to sign a young player from the Championship.

I still remember when people on this forum and in the media were wanking Woodward off, after he signed Morgan Schneiderlin and B.Schweinsteiger.
The standards at this club and what is expected from Woodward is now so low that we pat Woodward on the back for signing a Championship player (nothing wrong with the player, but there is everything wrong with Woodward and his failures during the last 6 years).
There's nothing wrong with signing a championship player. The likes of Schweinsteiger where you are buying a proven player who you know has past his best are pretty much pointless long term. Woodward has done as expected which is buy the players suggested by the manager - the issue is the players we've gone after.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.