Daniel James | Officially Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiber

Has spoofer1234 mentioned anything on Reddit yet?

That guy is the top United source these days according to the cafe

Loublaze

ATLien
He said he has speed and talent, so he can play anywhere.
That's vague as you can get. Everyone already knows James is a speed merchant and its been repeated to death. I thought he'd mention a few other things the player is good at. There was no point in him even commenting, it was as good as reading a post in this thread from someone who hasn't even watched him play

0le

That's vague as you can get. Everyone already knows James is a speed merchant and its been repeated to death. I thought he'd mention a few other things the player is good at. There was no point in him even commenting, it was as good as reading a post in this thread from someone who hasn't even watched him play
Probably because he does not want the interview to be about United and James.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah shame he was not submitting scout report to media, it was generic interview.

He talks about players he selected for his squad.

Loublaze

ATLien
Probably because he does not want the interview to be about United and James.
He answered the question anyway. It just doesn't add anything more and merely repeats whats already been stated. Fast and talented. The only attribute that's ever specifically mentioned/repeated is speed. How good would he look if he was only half as fast?

MUFC OK

Look forward to this being announced on August 5th, along with our other summer signings - Harry Maguire (70m), Longstaff (40m) and AWB (70m).

In seriousness I expect it will be announced Friday, for no particular reason.

roonster09

Scout
He answered the question anyway. It just doesn't add anything more and merely repeats whats already been stated. Fast and talented. The only attribute that's ever specifically mentioned/repeated is speed. How good would he look if he was only half as fast?
:lol:
Why should he specify any attributes? why Should he care what's posted in this thread?

Loublaze

ATLien
:lol:
Why should he specify any attributes? why Should he care what's posted in this thread?
Because thats all thats ever brought up when it comes to James, pace. What else does he excel at? It was a lazy response to me, someone who is skeptical about this signing.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Nope. I'll gadly eat humble pie if he comes good and you can tag me if it happens.
The issue isn't anyone on here can guarantee he will be a good buy, it's that with almost zero knowledge of him, you seem determined to say he'll be rubbish. Why?

snobbery (Championship buys)? Closet LFC/City fan in disguise? Anti Ole?

I don't understand why any United fan wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt and wait. Bloody hell, it he just makes runs, spreads the game and tracks back, he'll be more use (as a team player) than Martial

roonster09

Scout
Because thats all thats ever brought up when it comes to James, pace. What else does he excel at? It was a lazy response to me, someone who is skeptical about this signing.
That's not a scout report. His pace is obviously insane, Giggs also said he is talented players. So that combination means he can play anywhere and that's why he is in the squad.

Loublaze

ATLien
The issue isn't anyone on here can guarantee he will be a good buy, it's that with almost zero knowledge of him, you seem determined to say he'll be rubbish. Why?

I don't understand why any United fan wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt and wait. Bloody hell, it he just makes runs, spreads the game and tracks back, he'll be more use (as a team player) than Martial
Yes, becasue he's a championship player who just made his breakthrough with lets face it, average numbers. The PL is another beast all together, its far from snobbery. We've seen many elite championship level players fail to cut it in the PL.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
If he signs for us, someone needs to make a website about how many times a commentator, tv pundits or manager talk about this kids speed.

On his debut:
Commentators 1: “Here comes the new arrival United sign this summer, this lad got pace”
Commentators 2: “That is interesting Tide, does he has anything else in his locker?”
Commentators 1: “Wow, look at the boy run, I have to say he is faster than Usain Bolt.”
Commentators 2: “Yedlin was fast”

Yes, becasue he's a championship player who just made his breakthrough with lets face it, average numbers. The PL is another beast all together, its far from snobbery. We've seen many elite championship level players fail to cut it in the PL.
And we've seen some make it. You've got no clue (not have I) but post 70+ times to say he'll be a failure. Odd.

if anyone said say .... Lindelof is a failure, I'd disagree but appreciate they'd probably watched him and come to an opinion. But with James, you've got no clue.... I've watched his Wales games, the Championship highlights and two of my mates are Swansea fans BUT I still don't know if he'll work here.

I look forward to your next 28 posts to make a round hundred posts of "he's rubbish, he'll fail". Insightful

(PS, answered the Championship snobbery point but not the closet fan or Ole bits. Get it now)

Kapardin

Inject me a few pace merchants after years of tumescent football. I don't care if he turns out to be a speedy version of Lingard in the end, for 15 million and his extraordinary pace, he is well worth a punt.

poleglass red

Exactly, we criticized our club for lack of scouting and now we criticize them for actively scouting. Funny thing is, if this was some lad playing for a small team in a weak league such as Germany, Portugal, or France we'd all be getting giddy. We've bought players from prime leagues and they have also either failed or not lived up to their billing, it works both ways. He's a young player who we can make even better, something this club has forgotten to in recent yrs in pursuit of so called finished article players. We need to start getting players early, we've seen the distaste some on here have for SPL in the Tierney debate, yet VVD came from there and we are linked for Dembele who also played there but is now more than double what he was when he left. In this current climate 15 mill for a speedy winger, surely worth a pop

mattunited1978

doommonger
Nope. I'll gadly eat humble pie if he comes good and you can tag me if it happens.
Why would i tag you, im not a child, i dont need to gloat if someone gets sumthing wrong.

Why dont you give the lad a chance, you trying to turn every single thing about him into a negative isnt going to stop us signing him.

You talk about his speed as if its a bad thing,ridiculous questions like... "how good would he look if he was only half as fast?" how good do you think Overmars or Kanchelskis would of looked if they were only half as fast? Nobody knows, because like James, they all are that fast.

Motorman

Thought he would sign today... :smirk:

Maybe we are waiting to take shine off Europa Leage final, so maybe first thing tomorrow? :devil:

Loublaze

ATLien
And we've seen some make it. You've got no clue (not have I) but post 70+ times to say he'll be a failure. Odd.

if anyone said say .... Lindelof is a failure, I'd disagree but appreciate they'd probably watched him and come to an opinion. But with James, you've got no clue.... I've watched his Wales games, the Championship highlights and two of my mates are Swansea fans BUT I still don't know if he'll work here.

I look forward to your next 28 posts to make a round hundred posts of "he's rubbish, he'll fail". Insightful

(PS, answered the Championship snobbery point but not the closet fan or Ole bits. Get it now)
Ive only made 70 plus posts? Im slacking! Yes I don't have a crystal ball but I have history of similar signings to look at and the odds are against him being a success here. Pace alone won't take you places in the PL, those days are long gone.

Gandalf

Ive only made 70 plus posts? Im slacking! Yes I don't have a crystal ball but I have history of similar signings to look at and the odds are against him being a success here. Pace alone won't take you places in the PL, those days are long gone.
My lad watched him on YouTube and called a couple of his goals bangers and said that he provided lots of assists and would have had more if the strikers knew how to finish. I think that pretty conclusively confirms he has talent and will be a massive success here.

Loublaze

ATLien
Why would i tag you, im not a child, i dont need to gloat if someone gets sumthing wrong.

Why dont you give the lad a chance, you trying to turn every single thing about him into a negative isnt going to stop us signing him.

You talk about his speed as if its a bad thing,ridiculous questions like... "how good would he look if he was only half as fast?" how good do you think Overmars or Kanchelskis would of looked if they were only half as fast? Nobody knows, because like James, they all are that fast.
Pace isn't a bad thing of course, but if thats all he brings to the table then I cant get excited about his signing. Speed is not as strong a weapon in this modern era as it was in in the 90s for instance. Defenses are more sophisticated. Look how quickly Lennon faded when teams figured out how to stop players with electric speed. You cant even compare this kid with Overmars who had a whole lot more to him than blazing speed.

Ok. So based on what you know of him/have watched (which I'm sure is extensive), you know he's "pace alone"?

Ok, should have said so before. Share it... as above, my knowledge of him is limited to Wales games, Quest Championship highlights, one live Swansea game (v Rotherham, quiet first half, much better second) and my two Swansea supporting mates.

Loublaze

ATLien
Ok. So based on what you know of him/have watched (which I'm sure is extensive), you know he's "pace alone"?

Ok, should have said so before. Share it... as above, my knowledge of him is limited to Wales games, Quest Championship highlights, one live Swansea game (v Rotherham, quiet first half, much better second) and my two Swansea supporting mates.
My knowledge of him comes from YouTube clips, his stats and threads dedicated to him on two Swansea forums. He looks to have a decent left foot and a good shot but his dribbling looks less than impressive.

He comes across as a player who will struggle against superior PL defenses if he doesn't develop his overall skillset. Ive also read that he's not a 90 minute player, so maybe he'll be an asset against tired legs. Im just not impressed by what ive seen and read.

mattunited1978

doommonger
Pace isn't a bad thing of course, but if thats all he brings to the table then I cant get excited about his signing. Speed is not as strong a weapon in this modern era as it was in in the 90s for instance. Defenses are more sophisticated. Look how quickly Lennon faded when teams figured out how to stop players with electric speed. You cant even compare this kid with Overmars who had a whole lot more to him than blazing speed.
If you can compare Daniel James with full speed to Daniel James with half speed, i can use any comparison i want. Overmars speed was his number one asset. You say all anyone talks about is James speed, because of this you portray it as that he cant have much else to his game, you ask literally anybody about Overmars and guess what theyr going to say.....Speed, speed speed. It dosnt mean there wasnt more to his game, just like it dosnt mean James hasnt got more to his game. You take any players main asset and half it, dosnt matter if its Overmars or James, theyr going to be a much poorer player, so again, ridiculous thing to say.

Yeah Lennon faded out because defenses learned how to deal with speed...Nothing to do with him being bang average.

Lou’s the most mental poster, loves Smalling & Jesse, has no problem
shitting all over other signings before they’ve even kicked a ball.

Surely anyone who constantly sticks up for Smalling, a guy who played non-league football before his big break, should at least give a Championship player a chance before writing him off again and again?

Last edited:

mattunited1978

doommonger
My knowledge of him comes from YouTube clips, his stats and threads dedicated to him on two Swansea forums. He looks to have a decent left foot and a good shot but his dribbling looks less than impressive.

He comes across as a player who will struggle against superior PL defenses if he doesn't develop his overall skillset. Ive also read that he's not a 90 minute player, so maybe he'll be an asset against tired legs. Im just not impressed by what ive seen and read.
You know he's right footed right? So if he's got a decent left foot, that makes him rapid and two footed, and a good shot, Rapid, Two footed and a good shot...he's getting more strings to his bow by the second. So from your very own summary he Sounds more than just a pace merchant.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Lou’s the most mental poster, loves Smalling & Jesse, has no problem
shitting all over other signings before they’ve even kicked a ball.

Surely anyone who constantly sticks up for Smalling, a guy who played non-league football before his big break, should at least give a Championship player a chance before writing him off again and again?
Not only that, but hes writing off a player that he's never even seen play, its mental.
Then he has the cheek to say something like 'Oh so you watch Swansea regularly then?' if you disagree with him.
The internet is a wonderful thing, but its not half given a platform to complete numpties.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
Get over it . We aren't signing Modric here.

Based Adnan

Well said

Status
Not open for further replies.