Danny Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

Razher invest in top class, Sandro, or potential top class, Sessegnon. Going for Rose is the wrong way

Mcking

If Shaw gets back to something approaching his best, is Rose really that much better?
I don't think so.
Better defender maybe, but not as good going forward.
Shaw's final ball and timing of runs on the overlap is far inferior to Rose'.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I honestly don't really care if Rose leaves tbh - he would improve your team a lot imo but if his head isn't with Spurs then I'm happy for him to leave (for a premium fee). Some concerns about his fitness and he hasnt looked that good since he came back. Mind you, if he was to stay and be fully committed to Spurs then that would be great as he is a very good player.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was very good player, no doubt about it but his injury record is a big concern. So it's not good deal to spend money on a player with questionable fitness record.

Jericholyte2

Shaw's final ball and timing of runs on the overlap is far inferior to Rose'.
Did you see some of the balls Shaw has been putting in recently? Just needs more consistency which will come with games.

lysglimt

Scout
Danny Rose is exactly what we don't need. Will he improve us short-term ? Yes... WIll he improve us a lot ? No..

So why spend £40 million on a player who turns 28 in the summer - who never was close to world-class ? And who also is injury-prone.

Stick with Shaw or get a world-class players. Don't choose something in between

KentSpurs

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Happy for him to go for the £40/£50m fee being quoted.
Ben Davies has been more than adequate this season and has also pitched in with a goal/assists.

we are also being linked with Sessegnon, and with Poch coaching him he could become a world class full back.

Mainoldo

Just sanction the deal. He’ll improve us on the left (he can actually cross) and we can get rid of Darmian and Blind.

Mcking

Did you see some of the balls Shaw has been putting in recently? Just needs more consistency which will come with games.
Yes I did, but it's still not a patch on Rose' delivery. Shaw is good at putting in the low balls, but more often than not, he hits the first man when he wants to put elevation on the ball.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Just sanction the deal. He’ll improve us on the left (he can actually cross) and we can get rid of Darmian and Blind.
Yes I did, but it's still not a patch on Rose' delivery. Shaw is good at putting in the low balls, but more often than not, he hits the first man when he wants to put elevation on the ball.
Rose's offensive impact is minimal , he's no Marcelo I tell you that much.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/24711/Show/Danny-Rose

I initially wanted him because I thought he had a good fitness record but it turns our that isn't the case.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Seeing as United are far from a top class team and have weaknesses all over the pitch, stadium and academy, I think we should focus on buying younger players not the finished articles.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Contrary to general believe me thinks that Rose wouldn't be too bad. It's obvious that we need more quality in this side and while Shaw has been getting better and better, it's always a good idea to have more competition and more importently due to the many games in the Premiership, injuries will continue to happen, so it's better to be safe.

Young has had good games here and there, but i don't trust him defensively and simply put, Rose is the better player. Ship out Blind and Darmian, then Shaw, Rose and Young reads so much better.

We could do with another rightback too, only Valencia won't cut it.

Jaybomb

I want Alex Sandro instead. The difference in Rose and Shaw isn’t a 40m difference.

RooneyLegend

Ismaily would be cheaper and he's a better player. Gave walker the run around in the first Shaktar/City match. So sad that we cant seem to sign bargains anymore, was watching a show on Ole the other day and couldn't help but feel nostalgic at a time where we didn't need to break transfer records to get great players. Our recruitment department needs to get their shop in order, they serve no purpose at this point in time.

Nick7

Ismaily would be cheaper and he's a better player. Gave walker the run around in the first Shaktar/City match. So sad that we cant seem to sign bargains anymore, was watching a show on Ole the other day and couldn't help but feel nostalgic at a time where we didn't need to break transfer records to get great players. Our recruitment department needs to get their shop in order, they serve no purpose at this point in time.
We did break transfer records back then.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He's got another injury? Honestly, if we try to sign Rose for £50M we'd be the laughing stock of the league. His fitness record is in Bale territory.
Same knee, don't really know how bad it is, Poch says its minor but we are shit at updating injuries.

RooneyLegend

We did break transfer records back then.
No doubt but forever during Sir Alex's reign we continued to make great value signing. Evra and Vidic combined cost us a packet of crisps and they were some of the best players in the world for their positions in no time. No wonder despite having and spending loads of money we feel like we cant compete with other clubs.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Well, with Blind being extended, it doesn't seem Rose will be coming in the near-term.
It is only for a year so we can get a transfer fee for him.

Same knee, don't really know how bad it is, Poch says its minor but we are shit at updating injuries.
Thanks. We've had enough injury-prone defenders.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's injured more then Shaw and not even better then him the rare times they're both fit. Please no. Hes never even been that great, just was like a reliable enough option from a bad bunch and English, but these days he's always injured so not worth it at all.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Hope we stay well clear. Good player, but Shaw is turning a corner and an elite left back happens to be semi-available in Sandro.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He's injured more then Shaw and not even better then him the rare times they're both fit. Please no. Hes never even been that great, just was like a reliable enough option from a bad bunch and English, but these days he's always injured so not worth it at all.
There is so much I disagree with in this post but tbh I don't really care anyway as I have lost all 'feels' for Mr Rose so I'm not fussed what happens. I just hope if he goes we get a good fee.

Kostov

Those posters backing Rose's attacking game over Shaw's based on stats, correct me if I'm wrong but Evra's stats for goals and assists were very weak also. We can all agree Evra was brilliant going forwards wasn't he?

Shaw has the potential to be much better than Rose, in both attacking and defending. He already is very good, and on current form there's not much between the two.

VanGaalEra

Sandro is the LB we should look at if we want to invest in that area. Rose with his recent injury is a bit of a concern.

Bestietom

Stay away from Rose, another injury prone player. Tierney would be a better option, and he can play both sides.

MrPooni

Rumors that Mourinho wants Rose for £40-50m but the Glazers are refusing to back him because they believe in Shaw. Again, I fear that the Glazers will settle for top 4 every season and the spending will slow down now that we seem to be a top 4 team again.
You've combined two or three garbage news stories and turned them into one garbage post. Top stuff.

Bestietom

You've combined two or three garbage news stories and turned them into one garbage post. Top stuff.
If I owned the club I would not pay 40/50 Million for him either. We have Shaw who is much better and Tierney or Sessegnon should be the ones to go for.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
If I owned the club I would not pay 40/50 Million for him either. We have Shaw who is much better and Tierney or Sessegnon should be the ones to go for.
That is HIGHLY debatable. For what it's worth I believe Rose would be a big improvement for your side.

Mcking

I would rather pay for an experienced prime Rose than Tierney who is close to Shaw, age-wise and not even as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.