Danny Welbeck | 2011-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
It was on the screen :p. However it might just be precaution. We've heard nothing yet so how bad can it be? We'll know soon enough.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Fergie's reaction was quality when he first went down under the challenge. Showed how much he rates him.

ricky-romeo

Went off injured. Feck :(
i know it is too early to judge things like this but perhaps welbeck does look like he is quite prone to injuries.

he got injured a few times when he was at preston a few years ago, and he was out for quite some time last season as well..

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
His injury shouldn't be too bad, anyone could have got it. It just looked like the other player stood on his calf whilst Welbeck was on the floor. He still played on for a while and walked off to the changing room (where the other players went too, after being subbed) without a physio or anything.

He'll be ok for the Charity Shield I reckon.

Fergies Formula

Was really good tonight, I hope that he accomodates the 4th choice striker role this season at least. Big things from him in the future. Great touch, vision, pace, finishing, finese.... quality player, reminds me of henry.

mufcwarm92

Yep, he missed a sitter, but he was excellent today. He has great touch, quick feet, finishing, can pick a pass and has a real tenacity and hunger for the game that will get him far. Fergie showed faith in him from the very start and that will really pay off in years to come.

Fergies Formula

He's ready. If Berba's not careful Welbeck might just overtake him this season.
Your right, he is breathing down his neck. Cant see what the boss has instore for Owen, Macheda and Diouf though who arent in their bracket.

Think Diouf and macheda should be loaned.

johnmufc

Was really good tonight, I hope that he accomodates the 4th choice striker role this season at least. Big things from him in the future. Great touch, vision, pace, finishing, finese.... quality player, reminds me of henry.
He is like a clone of Henry.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He's the complete package, just not lethal enough yet. But he will be in a couple of years, he has immense potential

Wan

He's not good according to RedRover's friends who watch him every single minute that he played at Sunderland.. :D

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Nah what's even funnier than that is those that thought he was somehow technically lacking...

has major technical issues, things like controling the football seem to be a struggle for him which is suprising for a united youngster
Welbeck who seems intent on running down blind alleys whilst posessing a truly abysmal first touch.

MacMUFC

Nah what's even funnier than that is those that thought he was somehow technically lacking...
:eek: @ Allforone's comment.

Danny Welbeck is technically the best forward we've produced in years (if you discount Rossi). His first touch is fecking glorious - and whisper it - almost Berbatov-esque at times.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

Danny Welbeck is technically the best forward we've produced in years (if you discount Rossi). His first touch is fecking glorious - and whisper it - almost Berbatov-esque at times.
Indeed, he had a number of shockers when it came to Welbeck though. Nothing tops Phelans' bizarre personal vendetta of him, he's probably in tears now that he's come to the realisation Welbeck might just make it. Nothing beats a oh-so-certain Weaste classic though...

I will however point out when it's clear that a player will not make the cut, and both Wellbeck and Macheda will not, they'll end up at West Ham or Fulham.
Clear indeed.

There was a lot of inconsistency in Welbeck's game and because he was still developing physically it did make his technique at times look awkward, but there regular flashes of sheer technical brilliance all the same, there was genuine technical excellence there. People took that to be an excuse rather than a genuine explanation though, for whatever reason. You only needed to listen to the likes of jb who'd watched him from his earliest academy days, but nope, people are so desperate to form their own opinion rather than listen to more knowledgeable ones.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He has improved greatly technically though.
Technically he's always been naturally gifted in comparison to say Macheda, but one thing I've always wondered and slightly doubted was whether he had the drive/penetration and swiftness for centre-forward at this elite level of football but that loan spell has done wonders for him. He wasn't that impressive for the U21's but he's been sensational in preseason. Really seems like something has clicked and he's taking his football seriously, albeit in an entertaining way.

He still has some more physical development in him, improve his hold up play to a higher level but definitely he's good enough to make a solid impact for the first team now.

jb8521

Having first seen him play as a gangly 14 year old it's great to see him becoming a proper first team player and one of the reasons I love following youth football. It's great when people start telling you about a player you told them to keep an eye out for years ago

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
One of the few youngsters to come through in the last few years that I'm genuinely excited about. It's getting to the point where I love to see him on the pitch, he's intelligent, very good athlete, excellent first touch and some of the moves he pulls off are eye-catching. He knows when to give it up, too (unlike Macheda).

He's a big talent. Let's hope he continues to work hard and reaches his potential, because there aren't many lads as young as him with so much ability. He could have a huge future at United. I won't get ahead of myself though. Going to be a big season for him.

Claymore

Danny Welbeck is technically the best forward we've produced in years (if you discount Rossi).

.......And you have to as we didn't 'produce' Rossi, Parma/Italy did. It would be like Arsenal saying they produced Cesc Fabregas and not Barcelona. Welbeck however is from Manchester and started at United so its nice to see a player come through like that, especially a striker.

I think he did well at Sunderland on loan in terms of goals and play and has done well in pre season. Hope he makes it.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Aye. Good news for him that.

mufcwarm92

Bizarrely he's one of only four strikers in the squad and Defoe and Bent have been left out. I realise it's only a friendly but it's against the world number two team and the rest if the squad is at full strength. I really hope he gets a run out for England because he definitely has a big future internationally.

Status
Not open for further replies.