Danny Welbeck | 2011-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
I'd love for him to get a start today

Same here. Love watching the lad play. You know there's something special when you get excited seeing a name on the teamsheet. As I said, I don't want to get ahead of myself, but that's how I'm beginning to feel with Danny. As long as he keeps the head down and works hard he could be a world class player.

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
Yep, when you watch video of him when he first got games for the first team and his current ones, you can see he's gotten much stronger and filled out a lot. Really has helped him out and himself and Tom Cleverley are brimming with confidence. They have a good understanding with eachother too.

mufcwarm92

From what I've seen since his return he's 'grown into his body' as it were. The same excellent technique (that dragged trap against Barca was amazing) but he's less gangly and more confident in his movement.

Could have a barnstormer of a year
You definitely have a point there.

I remember Fergie raving about him at the age of 17 and comparing him to the likes of Adebayor, but he also said that he'll take time to get used to his physique. He always had a gangly look to him, even as a kid, but he had a big growth spurt that probably pushed him off course a little. Now that he's settled physically, the sky's the limit.

Viper KGB

I met his outside the Sundarland away game last year and I was surprised to see he looked only about 5 11'

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Was excellent today as well as tom, and showed why we have to create a space for him in the squad.

I couldn't even tell you what position he was playing at certain points in the game, the interchaging between him, Nani and young as well as Rooney was phenomenal.

Minkaro

Made a couple of mistakes whilst attacking (misplaced pass, trying to be too clever), but his energy is incredible. He was sprinting about all over the place making a nuisance of himself.

Devilton

He still looks a little unsure when it comes to the final ball, but this lad has all the qualities for being a top player for us. For me, he's right in the mix as a striker. Ahead of Kiko and perhaps even Owen (just because he has the pace and versatility).

He may not get as many games as he should, but I'm really hoping Welbeck grabs the chances that do come his way with both hands. Very impressed with him today that's for sure.

iAm20Legend

Very good today. But I'm not sure what it might mean for Berba. Supersub ?
Will be very interesting to see what our frontline is as the season goes on.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Anyone else think he'll be a wide forward more than the main man upfront. Don't think he is a natural when it comes to goalscoring. But his link up play and intelligence is brilliant.

Devilton

Very good today. But I'm not sure what it might mean for Berba. Supersub ?
Will be very interesting to see what our frontline is as the season goes on.
Honestly...I hope PSG offers 25 million for Berba (hey, we can all dream right?), and we accept. I love Berba - I think he's a quality player and someone who has given his all, but the style of football we played today we simply can't do with Berba on the pitch.

He slows our game because he isn't as mobile and if we do get a good offer for him, I wouldn't mind seeing us try to recoup some of the 31 million transfer fee. I just know that if we keep him, he'll leave on a free in a year or two anyway so i just don't know if we can say no if a big money offer does come in for him.

Aint gota Kalou

One thing I noticed apart from his bulking up is his improved attitude to closing down and working hard. I think Bruce pus a lot of emphasis on this so it's brilliant he's taken it on board.

He was very good today, wasn't involved as much as he would've liked to be but most things he did had a touch of class. His interplay in and around the edge of the box is up there with the best.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Anyone else think he'll be a wide forward more than the main man upfront. Don't think he is a natural when it comes to goalscoring. But his link up play and intelligence is brilliant.
He is certainly more natural out wide as forward as well as just behind the main striker but with the way that we seem rotate positions with him in the starting lineup he a bit of god send as he can play any position in the final 3rd.

championo

Top Stalker
One thing I noticed apart from his bulking up is his improved attitude to closing down and working hard. I think Bruce pus a lot of emphasis on this so it's brilliant he's taken it on board.

He was very good today, wasn't involved as much as he would've liked to be but most things he did had a touch of class. His interplay in and around the edge of the box is up there with the best.
Has never been otherwise. It was one thing I noticed about him when he was playing for the reserves. He was Tevez like. Bruce had nothing to do with it.
you aint got a clue

Aint gota Kalou

Has never been otherwise. It was one thing I noticed about him when he was playing for the reserves. He was Tevez like. Bruce had nothing to do with it.
you aint got a clue
Really? I never really remembered him as a real workhorse back then but it's a few years ago so I could well be mistaken. Fair enough.

vuc

First Team Serb
I've never really paid too much attention to Welbeck, but one thing I like is he has got that X-Factor about him. Unpredictability. Very good facet to have.

Physically he has improved a lot. Is that United gym run by Poles?

twitter thread suggester
It's a shame he ran out of steam in the end and made a couple bad passes - he had been excellent up until that point.

I've always been very excited about Welbeck's future, but more now than ever.

jazza13

Been really excited about him since the start of the tour. He looks well up for it. His link up play, especially with Cleverly was just brilliant. His final ball was missing every now and then, but he is still young. Genuinely impressed with this lad.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
He's a good option when Hernandez isn't available thats for sure. Capable of getting in behind the defence. His hold up play and interplay is better than Hernandez for me, however.

Jonno

He is a great alternative to Hernandez I agree. Almost a like-for-like. Not identical game styles, but we can use Rooney in a similar way with Hernandez as we can Welbeck

surf

Promising pre-season for Danny. He has some rough edges but is a modern mobile, strong, pacy, multi-faceted forward. Like Young, he will benefit gradually from learning to play with Nani and Rooney.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Him and Rooney will emulate the Rooney-Saha partnership, with which we played our best attacking football in a long time.
This was part of my first post in this thread. I'm chuffed to bits with how he played yesterday and I think we are already seeing a return to the swagger and free-flowing football that we've become accustomed to with watching United over the years. I felt that our football had become a lot more 'stagnant' over the last few years, but Welbeck and Cleverley (who I had written off as a CM) are making a difference already.

I can't wait for the season to start.

rotherham_red

Steve Claridge is one absoloutely clueless, knee-jerk muppet. Just heard his reaction to the performance on the 5live podcast and he and Ian McGarry both said he's a squad player at best. Did he miss the sumptuous link play Welbeck was directly a part of, all done at breakneck pace? He might not have managed to get an opportunity to score but he was outstanding in his role and his unselfish movement in addition to his skill will make a lot of people more knowledgeable than Steve fricking Claridge sit up and take notice over the course of the next few seasons as he develops...

Rowem

gently, down the stream
He's not particularly knowledgeable about the lower divisions either.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
After watching the game again, i have to say his workrate was very good. Tracked back and went for every ball

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
This time next year, he'll be making a case to be a starter for both club and country. He's still has a bit of growing to do and I reckon he'll put on more muscles to become stronger whilst not losing any of his speed and agility.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Wait, wat? He's almost totally the opposite of hernandez as a player!
Like for like in terms of the position he can take up on the pitch, but with a different game style, obviously. Welbeck can and will run in behind which can stretch the defense - just like Hernandez does giving Rooney the room to operate in.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Included as part of a Sneijder story, I'm sure it's massively over exaggerated...

Danny Welbeck, meanwhile, is believed to have requested a substantial pay rise to reflect his improved status at Old Trafford. Talks over a new contract for the 20-year-old striker, who spent last year on loan at Sunderland but has been promised first team football this year by Ferguson.It is believed the forward has asked United for a rise to around £60,000 a week after establishing himself as a full international.
Wesley Sneijder confirms interest in joining Manchester United and insists unofficial talks have begun - Telegraph

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
I think if I remember correctly he's on about £12,000 now so probably deserves a new contact. If Jones is being paid £55,000 you can understand him asking in that vicinity, although I think £30/40,000 would be more realistic at this stage.

SittingBull

That's great and all, but what is Sergio Canales u
At United, we strive for perfection, and if we fai
Status
Not open for further replies.