Danny Welbeck | 2011-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Was anyone a little bit annoyed at RVP when touched that great cross from Jones?

He was in an offside position and had he left that Danny would've gotten an open goal.
RVP was offside a lot today I thought, and on numerous occasions he needlessly interfered with play when the likes of Welbeck or Kagawa were able to get the ball.

Count Orduck

The type of player the British love. Runs about alot but is totally devoid of any touch, technique or finishing ability. His scoring record is appalling. A big favourite of Ferguson it seems and as a result will probably be the cause of both Berbatov and Hernandez leaving, both of whom are far superior players.
:lol:

I can only hope you're being ironic!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
The type of player the British love. Runs about alot but is totally devoid of any touch, technique or finishing ability. His scoring record is appalling. A big favourite of Ferguson it seems and as a result will probably be the cause of both Berbatov and Hernandez leaving, both of whom are far superior players.
What rubbish.

Clearly after a reaction aren't you?

Sam

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Probably the funniest thing I've ever read on here.

Well done Sir, well done.

7dan

Its getting tickly now–squeaky-bum time, I call it
Another pre-newbie forum wonder,

some of ye come out with some beauties

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
RVP was offside a lot today I thought, and on numerous occasions he needlessly interfered with play when the likes of Welbeck or Kagawa were able to get the ball.
I'd rather have RVP in 50/50 offside position than Welbeck in clear position to score.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
It really takes a special kind of cluelessness to spout something like that half an fecking hour after he displayed both for 90 minutes.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Bloody hell. If his finishing matched his touch and technique he'd be a smashing player, as it is he's just frustratingly close.

Drainy

How many goals has he scored in the last two seasons?
10 in the league, but he's played a lot as a winger or a deeper player this year

totally devoid of any touch, technique or finishing ability.
If you cant see how great his 'touch and technique' are, you should probably stop watching this sport you are wasting your time. As for his finishing ability, he's shown in the past he has good finishing technique, just needs to gain composure.

You sound like you either know feck all about football, or are some butthurt moron venting after the game. Either way you are embarrassing yourself

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
He is almost there, a good performance today but his final ball and decision making at times might not be perfect. He is improving with every match and needs a goal or two for his confidence going. He is a top class player and will become even better. Well done Danny and f*ck the doubters.

NinjaFletch

Great display, but he's not a striker
Disagree.

I think he's just snatching at chances. That one where he got played in by Kagawa and the Spurs player made a great block (I'm not criticising him for it, it was great defending) would have been a glorious finish if he'd let it run across his body and curled it in (something he's capable of doing).

Once he gets a goal I think he'll be more composed, his poor goal scoring form has to be affecting him, because he seems as good as he's ever been outside the box.

A mental hurdle rather than a technical one, I think, because he's shown that he can execute some very good finishes before.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I can't understand how anyone after watching Welbeck regularly can say he's devoid of touch and technique. Bloody hell.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
I can't understand how anyone after watching Welbeck regularly can say he's devoid of touch and technique. Bloody hell.
Its quite the opposite with him, if anything he might have the best touch and technique in the side and we need the others to step up to his level.

MDFC Manager

:lol::lol:

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
His touch and technique is fantastic. His finishing leaves a lot to be desired though.

acrebo

I thought he had a good game today but he HAS to improve his composure in the area. A more clinical player in the areas he got himself into and we would have cruised to a win.

However, he really does link well with everyone he plays with. He's so intelligent on and off the ball and has become surprisingly strong. Also funny see him always look like he's jogging but outsprints players he shouldn't - how slow did Walker seem today?!?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
More than his finishing, I think his positioning is a little bit iffy. He hardly got any chances today to finish. As been said about 10000th time in this thread, both of them improves with time and experience.

MDFC Manager

I thought he had a good game today but he HAS to improve his composure in the area.
This is the strange thing isnt it. He is extremely composed in every other area of the pitch but not quite when he's aiming for goal!

7dan

Its getting tickly now–squeaky-bum time, I call it
ooohh i see what your doing there, playing the old opposite game ;) il play too.

Lynott is an intelligent and insightful poster. He is not a cnut but a valued member on this forum.

If you believe Welbeck is "totally devoid of any touch, technique or finishing ability", then you know less about football than you think. Any fool can see he has 2 out of the 3, with the 3rd needing some work. He can develop into a striker who has everything, and that's the kind of player we love.

Devil may care

How do you feel about Hernandez's touch and technique?

SirAF

Ageist
Bollocks, thats absolutely nonsense.

I'm always right

erm...

I'm lost for words.

dhstriker

President of the Jamie Redknapp fan club
Welbeck's end product is what is so frustrating. He has the touch and pace to get in good positions, but his finishing, especially on one-on-one situations, is appalling. I thought leaving Kagawa on and subbing Welbeck for Rooney would have been a better option, but of course Ferguson probably saw something I didn't.

jb8521

I think a lot of his problems when it comes to finishing is that he almost controls the ball to close to himself which further out the pitch is brilliant because it means youre less likely to loose the ball but in the box makes it a lot more awkward to take the shot because you cant get the ball out of your feet and are snatching at the shot a bit and it makes it harder to get good power into it

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Welbeck's end product is what is so frustrating. He has the touch and pace to get in good positions, but his finishing, especially on one-on-one situations, is appalling. I thought leaving Kagawa on and subbing Welbeck for Rooney would have been a better option, but of course Ferguson probably saw something I didn't.
Like Kagawa getting tired I presume.

surf

Welbeck has a decent scoring record for England, so we know he has goals in him. Maybe SAF currently sees him as not really a striker and more an alternative to Young and Valencia, and who can play well in various systems. I think he is already a better all round footballer than either of them. Sending him to Reading would be crazy.

AlwaysRedwood

Welbeck has a decent scoring record for England, so we know he has goals in him. Maybe SAF currently sees him as not really a striker and more an alternative to Young and Valencia, and who can play well in various systems. I think he is already a better all round footballer than either of them. Sending him to Reading would be crazy.
He acts like a chicken with it's head cut off when he gets in the box for us.

One goal this season in the prem

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Hahaha do yourself a favour and gain admin status just so you can ban yourself for that post.

Knobhead, the main reason why I have stopped reading this thread. Do one.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
The thing is it's not like he's missed loads of chances this season - he's only had 28 shots in the league so far. Suárez went 4 games without a goal and had 24 shots in that period alone. According to WhoScored he's played down the middle just five times this season, and we've generally played some excellent football when he's there. He's been looking more of a threat in the last couple of games and with all the cup games coming up he's bound to get a few more games up top. He's a great option to have there.

Pscholes18

He has great touch and technique. He is just shit on the wings and wasted when he plays there.

Status
Not open for further replies.