Danny Welbeck

Robbie Boy

I'm so glad some of you lot don't support Chelsea, given the levels some of their players have reached since leaving them.

The fact that Welbeck is still spoken about on here, says far more about our sorry state of affairs, than it does about his quality.

The Purley King

I'm so glad some of you lot don't support Chelsea, given the levels some of their players have reached since leaving them.

The fact that Welbeck is still spoken about on here, says far more about our sorry state of affairs, than it does about his quality.
That is what a vaguely average centre forward looks like in a functional system where everyone plays to their strengths.
We haven’t seen it for so long it’s understandable that people will miss it……..

NoPace

Happy for him. Always worked hard and his excellent marking of Xabi Alonso in that tie will always give him a place in my heart. While he doesn't score near enough goals to be striker for a top 6 team, he's found a team where movement and application are more than enough for him to be a quality striker for them.

Hammondo

Always injured unfortunately. Not sure if he's finished a season without being injured for a decent length of time.

RuudtheRed

He was made to look like prime Ronaldo yesterday by our back 6 :lol: Doesn't change the fact that he is/was not good enough to be a Man Utd striker for the long term. Won't forget how he celebrated against us when he was at Arsenal either or his largely abysmal performances up front for us.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
His performance has been great lately. I am so happy for him. Well deserved his contract extension. Just hope he can stay healthy and be injury free.

Idxomer

He really should've had a better career, injuries ruined him.

He deserves this Indian summer he's having at Brighton.

Last edited:

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
See, I know you are joking but this version of Welbeck would do amazing things in ten Hag's set up.

Hell, he would have been amazing in a van Gaal set up but apparently he was the only one who didn't see it.
I agree, he's pretty complete. If he could stay fit he would be a phenomenal player. Shame how it ended and Ryan Giggs trying to convince Van Gaal that James Wilson was the future.

Robertd0803

Welbeck channeling Euro 96 Gazza for his goal tonight was a post I thought Id never make.

Frank Grimes

Welbeck is a really good player. If he wasn't so injury prone I would have taken him back here in a heartbeat this window. Don't think Brighton would have let him go of course but hypothetically speaking.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Welbeck is a really good player. If he wasn't so injury prone I would have taken him back here in a heartbeat this window. Don't think Brighton would have let him go of course but hypothetically speaking.
Don't think he's been clinical enough when fit to be a constant player at an elite club. This was his first goal of the season in 14 appearances.

Cloud7

Welbeck really had it all in his locker. It's a shame he was never able to put it together properly and consistently, or to stay fit, but he definitely had it all.

Andersonson

Always been a very good team player Welbz. He has a role to play for almost any club. He wouldnt be a starter but there would be games he would be preferred.