Danny Welbeck

marktan

Wele'. Loved at every team he's played for.

It's just a shame he was so crap with his finishing, because his all round play is excellent.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A young Welbeck would be perfect for ETH right now. He's in some great form.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is playing so well, his overall game is very good. Hope he won't get injured, fully fit Welbeck is very difficult to handle for defenders.

Idxomer

He has scored his share of great goals despite never being clinical over the course of his career.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Imagine this guy leading our line this season :drool: :(
Him out and Falcao in was the weirdest fecking decision, fitness issues aside, he would have shone in a van Gaal set up. Mourinho would have loved him and Ole would have got him games, Ralf probably would have liked him and ten Hag would surely love him also.

The one fecking player who should have stuck around and who all the coaches we employed could have got a tune out of.

Football eh?

ti vu

Him out and Falcao in was the weirdest fecking decision, fitness issues aside, he would have shone in a van Gaal set up. Mourinho would have loved him and Ole would have got him games, Ralf probably would have liked him and ten Hag would surely love him also.

The one fecking player who should have stuck around and who all the coaches we employed could have got a tune out of.

Football eh?
Welbeck himself pushed for the move. It's understandable when Wenger opened to give him a more prominent role. Welbeck is never prolific enough to be more than rotation option. However, LVG system and his weird love for Rooney meant Welbeck wouldn't have enough minutes.

We could have got him back couple years ago when he was free agent. Thing is Ole focused on getting impact players than building a system. Welbeck wouldn't be prolific enough for Ole's style even as back up. We had Rashford, Martial, who must not be named as starters that can fill in as CF. Ole had this view that he wanted an experienced forward that landed us Cavani and Ronaldo. Ole also wanted Sancho.

Welbeck may be poor man Martial but is a supreme footballer, back up forward in comparison to Weghorst. He does all Weghorst can offer at higher level, and more with his pace. He would be useful in ETH system.

Lee565

I would take him if he is attainable on the cheap this summer as a back up striker, for better option than weghorst would be and is more reliable than martial which is crazy considering welbeck's past major injury issues which he seems to managing quite well since being at brighton

ti vu

I would take him if he is attainable on the cheap this summer as a back up striker, for better option than weghorst would be and is more reliable than martial which is crazy considering welbeck's past major injury issues which he seems to managing quite well since being at brighton
I am not sure we should go and pay money to sign him. His fitness record and age is not ideal despite his ability as a player. And I compared Welbeck to Weghorst in Weghorst thread a few times to elaborate the point about availability of capable player available on cheap/free, to counter the suggestion about paying 10+mil to sign Weghorst on permanent contract.

The point being improving on Weghorst for back up forward role shouldn't be difficult or expensive. Muani moved for free last summer for example.

city-puma

Football eh?
van gaal said we had the proven goal scorer, Falco, and the prodigy, James. He sold Welbeck. I was so disappointed to it, but I remembered it was greatly applauded here by many. And, there have been a lot of hates developed here against Welbeck for so many years, even though he had been red since kid. Now, it’s approaching the final years of his playing career. I wish him all the best.

Marwood

It's only the injuries that prevented the Welbeck sale being a big mistake. Madness by LvG. Like everything else he did in the transfer market.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Such a good young player when he's on loan at Sunderland. I watched almost all of Sunderland's when he's there. (It also helps that O'Shea, Brown, and I think Richardson were with Sunderland). Silky smooth and looked so special. It looked like "he got it".

Good times.

SAFMUTD

We lack good strikers with Martial being so injury prone and Weghorst being almost allergic to goals.

Yet some posters here seem to want the worst of both worlds in Welbeck ffs.

Blood Mage

He had incredible potential that sadly wasn't realised due to an accumulation of injuries, similar to Martial. Still it's good that he's cemented himself as a solid mid-table PL striker.

RuudtheRed

He was never a prolific striker and missed chances by the boatload when he was with us. The failed chip against Neuer stands out. Clearly better than Wout now but we should be aiming for better backups.

marktan

Wele'

His finishing has actually gotten better. Problem is now he's injured a lot.

Oranges038

I love the guy but he's been injured basically his whole career.
He wasn't too bad until after his first season at Arsenal. He'd literally played 30-40 games for a few season in a row.

Seriously? Why not? He was not of the required level and has done nothing since leaving to make him pined after.
Not saying he should have stayed forever, maybe another year or two.

If you look at that summers transfer dealings out, letting him go at that time, when Nani, Chicarito, Rio, Evra, Giggs, Fletch, Vidic etc had all just left.

Him and Chicarito were replaced with Falcao, who did nothing. While he went and played 30+ games for Arsenal.

It was a terrible transfer window.