4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JackXX

He does nothing and he is the sole reason our defenders have to revert to hoof ball and that our build up play goes to shit. He is the free man in the 5 but he doesn't show for anyone. I could cut some slack if he was providing any kind of defensive cover or bothered to track his man when Burnley break but no he just casually jogs around. If because of his condition he can't hack the PL which I predicted he should retire.

Sam

He wouldn't start for any other PL team, and I genuinely believe that.

But yet, at united, he's vice captain.

Kakeru

I want him out, honestly. It's no use keeping a guy like that as long as he wants to be an active player, bleeding United or not.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
His biggest asset was his mobility and athleticism. Without them he just isn't United quality.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
When Anderson who hasn't played for ages comes on for you and improves things, you know it is bad. Fletcher needs to be dropped, hopefully by our next game we will have a few more fit CM who can replace him, ideally a new signing altogether.

marlowe78

Fletcher really gives nothing going forward or backward and honestly, I don't think he was ever cut out to negotiate play in the center on his own. He was always a supporting middle and doesn't have any ability left to even do that.

ZDwyr

Was he better in the 2nd half? Or did he just go completely missing and I didn't see him?

Fahad Jawaid

A nothing player who has tricked everybody into believing that he would come good in the pre-season, i think he should hangup his boots after this match. We would still have Blind,Herrera,Anderson,Carrick and hopefully another CM to come.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Should never have started the season here. This has to stop.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's terrible. Nowhere near good enough to be starting for us.

Americano

Make America Great Again!
Has he played every minute of league competition so far this year? I'm surprised at the amount of playing time he's getting, I suppose with injuries we just don't have other options. I think Darren's limitations are a big part of our problems.

dev1l

Fletcher as with Valencia was nit worse than the rest. Imo the main issue with Fletcher is the team lacking any balance. Those who watched Holland 352 system during wc finals could notice 2 hardworking midfielders in front of defence - usually de jong and de guzman with sneijder in front of them. Today, united played with fletcher in front of defence together with di Maria and Mata. With Mata totally immobile we ended with fletch and di Maria being outnumbered all the time. Situation improved slightly in 2 nd half when the wing backs pushed more forward. I think we ll see a better performance from fletcher or the player replacing him when sore dynamic player replaces Mata (or better his role today)

Reactions: golden_blunder

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
We might as well have Paul Scholes in there and I'm being serious. He would offer the same mobility and drive but at least he can control the ball and pass it.

m1y2

I think he could be a good ambassador for the club. But the fact that Cattermole and David Jones a former wigan player were voted men of the match against us says it all. I dont care who will play instead of him. Either it is Anderson, yes him or Pereira I dont really care, Blind whoever

Silent_Running

Dr. John Hammond
I think he could be a good ambassador for the club. But the fact that Cattermole and David Jones a former wigan player were voted men of the match against us says it all. I dont care who will play instead of him. Either it is Anderson, yes him or Pereira I dont really care, Blind whoever
David Jones is a former United player too.

m1y2

David Jones is a former United player too.
yeah it didnt come to my mind, but I rather stated it to demonstrate how bad our midfield is when we are overplayed by championship level players. It is very sad and we need to do sth with it ASAP. Hope the fact that he was named vice captain doesnt mean that he "has to be played" week in week out. The same with rooney about him being dropped I am concerned much more though.

Dan_F

He's playing because we don't have a choice at the moment. I don't see why we didn't get the Blind deal done straight away, regardless of other targets. There's room for more midfielders in the squad, plus Blind is so versatile he will be fine for game time.

newgiz

I am sorry but I think he's done in this league imo. I love him for the sheer effort he put in to make a comeback but he looks off the pace and a shadow of his former self. With Blind coming in I suppose he would have limited chances anyway. Its a shame that his condition has affected him so much. Its cruel really but then I suppose nothing can be done about it. I wouldn't be surprised if he announces his retirement this season as well. Knowing him he probably realises that his time is up.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
He has regressed too much due to his illness and it doesn't look like he is going to regain his old form anymore. The most infuriating aspect of his display yesterday was his lack of desire to drop back to provide the defence with a outlet to pass. It was a back 5 and then a significant gap between them and Fletcher and Di Maria (can't blame him as he is an attacking mid) and then our forwards. Can't wait for Herrera to return.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Just gets worse. Falls over the ball on top of it. Sorry to say but he shouldn't be playing for United anymore

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Selling Tom Cleverley or even Anderson makes no sense while Fletcher is still on the books. He should be the first out of the door.

Roboc7

Sadly as expected he looks finished at this level and if fellaini and cleverley are going to be moved on we need another cm as well as blind to be signed before the window closes.

Mister_Stubbs

It seems like more people are losing this romantic vision of Darren Fletcher coming back to be the savior. Good, we should have cut our losses when he first got his illness as harsh as that sounds, football is a ruthless business, there is no room for sentiment which is the only reason why he is still at the club and is vice captain.

LR7

Feel bad saying it as I was so happy he made a full recovery from his illness but he isn't up to playing at this level anymore. He offers nothing. Atm we need him to play every game because of the injuries, but when Carrick, Herrera and Blind are available I hope he's just used very sparingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.