Darren Fletcher's break from football

ricky-romeo

glad to have him back, would be a wonder if he can get back the the level he was at before but with fletcher you know you cannot rule him out on anything.:devil:

prateik

He was never going to be.. That was clear. Fergie said he'd be in the squad to give him a boost.. never going to get on the bench if that is the case.
Hopefully has a part to play in the league cup game.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
DelIghted beyond words that Darren Fletcher seems he will play professional football again! Going by the timings, looks like I was about right ... I was convinced he could make a full recovery like i did, so seeing him on the bench tonight makes me proud beyond words and abit emotional.

Can't wait til he comes onto the pitch, which I hope will happen tonight on front of our adoring fans.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
My favourite United player, a hero.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
With Fletcher and Scholes, it's like having two players out of retirement :D

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Good to see him back, but he looked a long, long way from being ready.

Devilton

Should probably be playing in the reserves...

I wonder how Cleverley and Anderson feel right now.

prateik

If he was that long away, he wouldnt be on the pitch.
If he stays fit.. a couple of weeks..
might get a run out in the league cu[

prateik

Should probably be playing in the reserves...

I wonder how Cleverley and Anderson feel right now.
Probably celebrating the win

Anderson is just back from a knee knock.
Clev has probably been told he'll be starting against Liverpool.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
If he was that long away, he wouldnt be on the pitch.
If he stays fit.. a couple of weeks..
might get a run out in the league cu[
League Cup is next week, we could be out by the round in 5 weeks time :angel:

But yeah I agree, I think we will see him for 30 minutes in the Capital One LC

KGBhoy

Very happy he was on the bench, but I can't justify him coming on with game so finely balanced and that long left. You could tell he was out of the game for a long time.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Very happy he was on the bench, but I can't justify him coming on with game so finely balanced and that long left. You could tell he was out of the game for a long time.
Agreed. He can't be risked like that yet.

Ash_G

Really harsh game to throw him into imo. A team who had shown themselves to be strong and were really putting pressure on us. Got caught a few times but in fairness he did help with his pressing.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Amazing to see him back playing at the top level. He wasn't just thrown on at the end of a game that was sewn up, he was asked to keep a lead while we were under a lot of pressure!

I hope he's truly free now of any symptoms, it would be a remarkable recovery.

Sir A1ex

Best thing about this evening. Welcome back, Fletch!

However...

Have to agree with this. Surely either of Anderson or Cleverley would have been a safer option?

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
TBH, I thought his first few touches showed signs of nerves, after that some of his through balls were fine and his positional sense was perfect off the ball.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Brilliant to see him back but weird timing. 1-0 up but nervy against dangerous opposition in crucial first CL game. Understandably rusty.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Good to see him back and lets home he gets plenty of football to find his best form again. Just not sure he will get that

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
Wrong move to let him play. If we had dropped points there would be some questions asked. Luckily we won so it will be forgotten soon enough. Looked far from ready to play yet.

Happy for him ofc! But I have my doubts that he will ever return in full strength, and that we are just hoping to force something really unlikely by giving him game time.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
One of my favourite players so hugely glad to see him back. A fully fit Fletcher is a massive asset to our squad, and that's something we've not had since 09/10.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Really surprised to wake up this morning to find out that he had come of the bench last night. Great to see him slowly coming back. Not sure the champions league when we are only 1-0 up was the best of times to bring him on, but no harm done.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Best thing about this evening. Welcome back, Fletch!

However...

Have to agree with this. Surely either of Anderson or Cleverley would have been a safer option?
I think Fergie just wanted to steady the ship and asked Fletcher to make simple passes and be in important positions in the field when we are defending. That's relatively not hard to do. Anderson and Cleverley can do that too of course but Fletcher have more experience in that sense. He was indeed rusty but it was a safe gamble in my opinion.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
It's great to see Fletcher back, but I'd rather he's back because he's somewhere near his best. Not just, he's back training again so I'd better put him on the pitch despite him being miles behind other players, which was blatantly the case last night.

Why shouldn't he have to fight for his place like everyone else? If it's about getting his fitness back up, stick him in a few more reserve games or give him some time in the Newcastle game next week.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
TBH, I thought his first few touches showed signs of nerves, after that some of his through balls were fine and his positional sense was perfect off the ball.
Agreed, he actually looked nervous when he had the ball in his feet. But the rest of his performance looked good, he looked physically fit, I guess it's only a matter of time before he'll find back to his old ways if his condition really is gone. Really happy for the guy, a fully recovered Fletch would be a good addition to our midfield.

Name Changed

weso26
Fletcher got caught a couple of times when he came on but then he got into it in the last few minutes and he was good.

It was great to see him back. We could do with fully fit Fletcher back.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Pace of the game meant it completely passed him by but great to see him back.

Shock start against Liverpool?