Darron Gibson - is he good enough for Everton?

Tooni

Had he done that in an United shirt we'd have people criticising him for doing all those tricks and then passing it sideways whereas a Iniesta would have dribbled his way forward.

Rory 7

He's slimmed down a fair bit too, I alway thought he never looked as fit as he should at United. Seems crazy but I do think he looks fitter.

Tooni

He's slimmed down a fair bit too, I alway thought he never looked as fit as he should at United. Seems crazy but I do think he looks fitter.

Not the first one to have said that, can certainly remember Shawcross and David Jones discussing along those lines in interviews after leaving United.

Sylar

Isnt it something like Everton havent lost a game that hes started? (or theyve only lost one game, something crazy like that)

Im happy hes doing well. He got soo much stick, some especially which wasnt warranted. Always nice seeing ex united players who move on doing well.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Very good today. Very composed on the ball - never panicks, picks out the right man most of the time.

A much better player than most people on here thought.

Lack of mobility is his achilles heel.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Well in, Gibbo. Outstanding today. He seems to save his best displays for City for some reason. He scored the winner in his first appearance against them in an Everton shirt, did this at the Etihad earlier this season and made a tool out of a few of their mercenaries, and was magnificent today.

Well done, Agent Gibbo.

Widnes

Very good today. Very composed on the ball - never panicks, picks out the right man most of the time.

A much better player than most people on here thought.

Lack of mobility is his achilles heel.
Think he is just about what most people on here thought, not good enough for United but does a very good job for a decent premier league side.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
And yet somehow you have people still saying things like this...

Gibson is just a horrible footballer.
This thread reminds me of Darron Gibson.

All the talk about how much potential he has and how he could become a really good player, then he is sold and struggles to get a game at Everton at times, and is never spoken of again.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Think he is just about what most people on here thought, not good enough for United but does a very good job for a decent premier league side.
"Most" was the wrong word I guess. But there were a large number of people who thought he was complete shit.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He was very good today and has been one of the better player for a side trying to finish in top6. Excellent buy from Moyes.

Tooni

Happy for him. Some of the abuse he got from our own fans was pretty silly, I can remember only Fletcher getting so much hatred when he broke through and had some mediocre games.

At one point I thought he'll genuinely be a United midfielder but somewhere along the line he really lost his mobility as I certainly remember him being a pretty mobile and dynamic player during the reserve years. He pretty much looks set to have a decent premier league career like Phil or Nicky.

Rossa

Tbh, he's playing much, much better than I would have thought he would. However, that may also go some way to explain the difference of playing for Everton and playing for United. He has certainly found his level, and he's playing very well at it.

Twigginator: I wrote him off as a United player, like many, but not necessarily as a PL player!

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
You being serious? Most wrote him off completely. He's proven mostly everyone wrong.
A lot of people did but then a lot of people slag off the likes of de Gea, Rooney etc etc the list goes on.

I'd say the majority of the people I'd call sensible FF posters were of the opinion that he was a good player but just not at the level required to play for United.

Most seemed to be in agreement he'd have a good Premier League career.

Rossa

A lot of people did but then a lot of people slag off the likes of de Gea, Rooney etc etc the list goes on.

I'd say the majority of the people I'd call sensible FF posters were of the opinion that he was a good player but just not at the level required to play for United.

This!

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

I'd say there's a big difference between thinking he'd have a good PL career and being a key player for a team fighting for the CL. From memory most were talking about him as a lower midtable midfielder or worse.