View full 2014-15 profile

6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

MUFCpiffgawd

It's well-known RM also tried everything to get Neymar, including willing to get involved in all the wrong-doings Barca did to get him.
Barca had already made the first move.

Its amazing how Neymar and his father made somewhere around 60m pounds off that transfer. And who knows what type of under the table money Barca gave on top of that. :lol:

Shark

@NotShark
Contract renewal talks must be ongoing. Hence all the murmurs of Madrid interest. Nothing to see here IMO. He's a lot more likely to move to Barca
Just like all of the rumours before Januzaj signed the contract. Hopefully it turns out the same.

Moriarty

Oh please, Beckham and RVN were sold because SAF wanted them gone, not because they wanted to go to RM. The only player who we wanted to keep and still wanted to go was Ronaldo.
Oh please what? Real spent an entire fecking season publicly tapping up Ronaldo. The first question he was asked at the conclusion of the 2008 European Cup final was "are you staying?" What makes you think they wouldn't try something similar with De Gea? So you can shove your "oh please" where the sun doesn't shine.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Oh please, Beckham and RVN were sold because SAF wanted them gone, not because they wanted to go to RM. The only player who we wanted to keep and still wanted to go was Ronaldo.
"Ferguson adds Van Nistelrooy asked for a clause to be inserted into a new contract after his second, 44-goal season with United which would enable him to join Real Madrid. Eventually, United agreed to a £35 million figure a year later, believing the price would deter any potential bidders."
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...n-autobiography-van-nistelrooy_n_4141315.html

According to Sir Alex, van Nistelrooy was eyeing Madrid before United wanted him gone.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Didn't get Neymar though!
Or Ribery. Bayern said "Feck off." When he signs this contract we can do the same.

I am not too worried to be honest for now. Iker is still at Real and has more years on his contract, they also signed Navas, who will get a chance, when they drop Iker. Barca has Ter Stegen for the long-term and even if he is a flop, they still have a decent keeper in Bravo. I think a return to Atletico is something which isn't completely unlikely, if they continue like that under Simeone. But right now, he won't leave us.

Dumbat12

"Ferguson adds Van Nistelrooy asked for a clause to be inserted into a new contract after his second, 44-goal season with United which would enable him to join Real Madrid. Eventually, United agreed to a £35 million figure a year later, believing the price would deter any potential bidders."
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...n-autobiography-van-nistelrooy_n_4141315.html

According to Sir Alex, van Nistelrooy was eyeing Madrid before United wanted him gone.
"“It was harder to leave Manchester United. That was my club, like PSV and Den Bosch. Real Madrid was different. I had a tremendous time there and a warm relationship with the fans, but Real is more business like. I had a reason to go and they had a reason to allow me. That’s all good. With Manchester, I had that thing with Sir Alex Ferguson and that hurt. That was emotional. For him too, I suppose. I didn’t have that emotional layer with Real. But I look back at my period there with great joy and pride and some of my best mates were there. I count Guti, Raul and Casillas as good friends and playing with Beckham is always a thrill.”"

It depends on who you want to believe. As much as I love SAF, he always tries to justify his mistakes. Also, Ruud wanted to leave because he was getting benched in his last months and his problems with SAF, not because he loved Real Madrid or something.

Really, the notion that Real Madrid is some kind of an impossible to stop juggernaut that buys every player they want is absurd. Most of their buys are done by paying ridiculous sum of money to smaller clubs while the other big clubs are unwilling to pay. If we wanted to, we could spend like Real Madrid and not many clubs are going to reject us (like this transfer window). By all accounts, Ancelotti and Real Madrid wanted to keep Di Maria, but Di Maria wanted to leave... What does that make us?

I stand by what I said: the only player we didn't want to sell and we sold was Ronaldo. We were the best club behind Barcelona at the time that he left us and certainly the biggest commercial giant, yet he left us... Why? More money, better weather, similiar culture.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
On the positive side, you couldn't really ask for a better potential bidder than Real, once they start their muppet media campaign and start giving promises to their fans over potential signings they end up having to pony over the dough, 85mill for Bale for just one example.
If DDG doesn't end up signing a new contract for whatever reason at least we can charge extortionate amounts to those chimps, even with a year left on his deal it's not likely they'll want to wait around, muppet hysteria demands instant gratification.

Speak

"“It was harder to leave Manchester United. That was my club, like PSV and Den Bosch. Real Madrid was different. I had a tremendous time there and a warm relationship with the fans, but Real is more business like. I had a reason to go and they had a reason to allow me. That’s all good. With Manchester, I had that thing with Sir Alex Ferguson and that hurt. That was emotional. For him too, I suppose. I didn’t have that emotional layer with Real. But I look back at my period there with great joy and pride and some of my best mates were there. I count Guti, Raul and Casillas as good friends and playing with Beckham is always a thrill.”"

It depends on who you want to believe. As much as I love SAF, he always tries to justify his mistakes. Also, Ruud wanted to leave because he was getting benched in his last months and his problems with SAF, not because he loved Real Madrid or something.
Apparently van Nistelrooy wanted a Real Madrid clause as early as two seasons in. According to Sir Alex, this was actually one of the things that initiated the friction.

But I guess we'll never know. van Nistelrooy loving United and finding it hard to leave doesn't mean he didn't want to go to Madrid.
But, it's not really important anyway.

Really, the notion that Real Madrid is some kind of an impossible to stop juggernaut that buys every player they want is absurd. Most of their buys are done by paying ridiculous sum of money to smaller clubs while the other big clubs are unwilling to pay. If we wanted to, we could spend like Real Madrid and not many clubs are going to reject us (like this transfer window). By all accounts, Ancelotti and Real Madrid wanted to keep Di Maria, but Di Maria wanted to leave... What does that make us?
True about the money. Obviously that plays a big part. But Madrid, in my opinion have a different type of prestige, especially to players from Portugal, Spain, South America.

I thought Di Maria didn't feel wanted by Madrid? Ancelotti loved him, but Di Maria didn't feel valued, and Madrid weren't willing to pay him what he wanted:
"I never said I wanted to leave Real Madrid, I never wanted that, but you have to move when they don't want you. Let them say what they want about me, the millions they received for selling me will help the Real Madrid economy very well."

And he was reportedly as interested (maybe more interested) in moving to PSG.

It may have been a situation, like with Ozil, where they effectively force the player out (for a new signing) and try to spin it to make it look like the player forced his way out.
I stand by what I said: the only player we didn't want to sell and we sold was Ronaldo. We were the best club behind Barcelona at the time that he left us and certainly the biggest commercial giant, yet he left us... Why? More money, better weather, similiar culture.
That's fair enough. We aren't a selling club, so it's not surprising. And we've rarely had South Americans, Portuguese or Spanish players.
Ronaldo left us because - to him - Madrid, despite having a weaker team at the time, are/were bigger. There's no shame in that.
Money and culture was obviously a factor too, but I don't think they'd have even needed to pay him much more to convince him.

But it's not like we couldn't have bought Robben, Sneidjer or Makelele off them in similar circumstances to Beckham if we wanted, so it's not like it's a one way street.

Last edited:

Dumbat12

True about the money. Obviously that plays a big part. But Madrid, in my opinion have a different type of prestige, especially to players from Portugal, Spain, South America.
Well, I think it's obvious that Spanish speaking players are going to prefer RM considering most their whole team speaks Spanish and their culture is not that different from the South American countries, but money is the biggest part. Nobody had heard about PSG or City a few years ago, but now they buy any player they want because of the money. If club "A" offers more money and better wages to the player and the club that it wants to buy the player from than club "B", who has a much richer history, then club "A" will get the player 9 out of 10. It's just how it is.

By all accounts Di Maria didn't feel wanted by Madrid. Ancelotti loved him, but Di Maria didn't feel valued, and Madrid weren't willing to pay him what he wanted. I don't think he was seeking a move away otherwise. And he was reportedly as interested (maybe more interested) in moving to PSG.

No idea where you got the idea Madrid wanted to keep him and he forced his way to United.
By all accounts RM and Ancelotti wanted to keep him and even wanted to pay his demands, if i'm not mistaken (think Ancelotti said it), but Di Maria wanted to leave. I don't know, if Di Maria wanted to come to United or PSG, but he definetly wanted to leave Madrid while they wanted to keep him which kinda proves my point.

That's fair enough. We aren't a selling club, so it's not surprising. And we've rarely had South Americans, Portuguese or Spanish players.
Ronaldo left us because - to him - Madrid, despite having a weaker team at the time, are/were bigger. There's no shame in that.
Money and culture was obviously a factor too, but I don't think they'd have even needed to pay him much more to convince him.
To him... well, I don't know how to take that. Trophy wise? Definetly, but commercially we were the top team in 2009 and I imagine, if Ronaldo decided to stay, we would have never been taken over by Real Madrid in that regard. I don't really know what made Ronaldo go to real Madrid, maybe it's his boyhood team or something, but it doesn't really matter.

The point I'm trying to get across is that any club that is willing to pay an absurd amount of money for a player is not going to be denied, it's just that Real does it way more often than any other club. I sincerely doubt we would have accepted their offer for anything less than a world breaking fee at the time. Example: If we offer to Barca 400 million and double Messi's wages, you seriously think they won't agree? Getting Bale for 100 million from Tottenham isn't something amazing, it's just throwing money around.

Speak

Well, I think it's obvious that Spanish speaking players are going to prefer RM considering most their whole team speaks Spanish and their culture is not that different from the South American countries, but money is the biggest part. Nobody had heard about PSG or City a few years ago, but now they buy any player they want because of the money. If club "A" offers more money and better wages to the player and the club that it wants to buy the player from than club "B", who has a much richer history, then club "A" will get the player 9 out of 10. It's just how it is.

By all accounts RM and Ancelotti wanted to keep him and even wanted to pay his demands, if i'm not mistaken (think Ancelotti said it), but Di Maria wanted to leave. I don't know, if Di Maria wanted to come to United or PSG, but he definetly wanted to leave Madrid while they wanted to keep him which kinda proves my point.

To him... well, I don't know how to take that. Trophy wise? Definetly, but commercially we were the top team in 2009 and I imagine, if Ronaldo decided to stay, we would have never been taken over by Real Madrid in that regard. I don't really know what made Ronaldo go to real Madrid, maybe it's his boyhood team or something, but it doesn't really matter.

The point I'm trying to get across is that any club that is willing to pay an absurd amount of money for a player is not going to be denied, it's just that Real does it way more often than any other club. I sincerely doubt we would have accepted their offer for anything less than a world breaking fee at the time. Example: If we offer to Barca 400 million and double Messi's wages, you seriously think they won't agree? Getting Bale for 100 million from Tottenham isn't something amazing, it's just throwing money around.
I haven't seen any reports to suggest Madrid wanted to keep Di Maria. Ancelotti clearly did though.
Ancelotti (as he would) claims that Di Maria demanded too much money.
Di Maria's father (as he would) claims that Di Maria had barely had a wage rise since joining the club, and didn't feel valued or wanted.

My hunch is that, like Ozil, they saw an opportunity to make good money on a player who wouldn't fit in once the new guys arrived.

Derailing the thread quite a bit anyway. So I'll probably leave it at that.

Last edited:

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I've not been keeping up with this thread so this may have already been mentioned:
The Mirror reporting we've offered him £120k per week apparently.

Lou-is Red

Reckon the Madrid rumours were spread by his agent so the deal at United can be wrapped up here. He seems happy here, although it must be hard maintaining a long distance relationship especially as she seems to be very busy in the public eye in spain looking at Insta and twitter. I have every faith he will stay. I now seems to get the club and the fans and their is a bond between him and the fans and it will only increase now his English has progressed to a level that he will do interviews in english. He still has work to do to improve to the level he should eventually reach but he is in the top 5 in the world. The state of goalkeeping is at a high level with Neuer setting the standards and De Gea and Courtois and they are still young!

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
120 k sounds good. And in 3 years when we renew again then we can offer 150 - 180 k so RM/Barca don't even think about touching him :mad:

Speak

Yeah, what I said above:

This contract situation doesn't really create any new issues in terms of him staying or going.
Signing a new contract barely does anything to prevent Real Madrid getting him if they wanted to.
What it does is bump the price though, so I guess that's good enough.

Stadjer

Compared to other goalkeepers it would be the right/a high fee, but if I compare to other players in our team, Januzaj, Shaw, Young, Fellaini, Rooney, that's not enough.
If he wanted to be a top earner he should have become a fast winger with good crossing and some skills on the ball or a goalscoring striker. He became a worldclass goalkeeper instead and goalkeepers earn less money.. eventhough they are just as important.

ottosec

I love the Caf... Everywhere I look it's people saying how United is the biggest club in the world, then I look at the transfer forum and at our best players threads and the same people act like we are fecking Stoke. Apparently players are only here because Madrid or Barca didn't want them yet...

And all this because in our whole history we sold one player that we didn't want to and that was after him being unhappy for at least 2 years and getting for him two times the transfer record at that time.

The same guy who came out and said that he was feeling like a slave at United, yet he still has his name sang every game, but you can rarely hear Scholes(or most of the other United true legends) chants. It makes me sick every time I hear it.

Speak

I love the Caf... Everywhere I look it's people saying how United is the biggest club in the world, then I look at the transfer forum and at our best players threads and the same people act like we are fecking Stoke. Apparently players are only here because Madrid or Barca didn't want them yet...

And all this because in our whole history we sold one player that we didn't want to and that was after him being unhappy for at least 2 years and getting for him two times the transfer record at that time.

The same guy who came out and said that he was feeling like a slave at United, yet he still has his name sang every game, but you can rarely hear Scholes(or most of the other United true legends) chants. It makes me sick every time I hear it.
It's only really being discussed in this thread. And it's quite obvious why it's being discussed in this thread.

Last edited:

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
In my game of FIFA he got upset about the weather and put in a transfer request. Board sold him for £11m.

kotha

Metro reporting that he's agreed a new deal.
Hope that is true.. But with Metro you just can't rely on them for info.

Edit: in the above video around 1:40 his celebration of our goal is just :drool:

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

Great video, dunno if it's been posted before!
Enjoyed that. So many outrageous saves in his career already, I'd struggle to pick my favourite. There was one against Sunderland, I think, where I thought he had no right saving it, just like the Mata save from the top corner. The last Everton one a couple of weeks ago also ranks very high.

When he retires, whoever does a highlight reel is going to need a lot of patience, cos it's going to take ages to put together! :D

ottosec

Enjoyed that. So many outrageous saves in his career already, I'd struggle to pick my favourite. There was one against Sunderland, I think, where I thought he had no right saving it, just like the Mata save from the top corner. The last Everton one a couple of weeks ago also ranks very high.

When he retires, whoever does a highlight reel is going to need a lot of patience, cos it's going to take ages to put together! :D
The Sunderland one was ridiculous. The guy even started celebrating after he headed the ball! :lol:

Oo0AahCantona

That mata save from the top corner will probably go down as my favourite save of all time, it was just a moment that stays with you.

Also make him captain.

saivet

That mata save from the top corner will probably go down as my favourite save of all time, it was just a moment that stays with you.

Also make him captain.
Mata was ready to run off celebrating. Incredible save that was.

Rossa

I wish somebody would cut the invisible rope that ties him to his line when a striker goes through one on one with him.
I was just about to post the same. One would be insane to blame him for their goals, but how often does DDG actually save a one on one situation? He's a little to hesitant when coming off his line. Remember when strikers faced Schmeichel? They shat themselves.