View full 2014-15 profile

6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

ZDwyr

Watching the saves again just makes me shake my head at how brilliant he is. I was wrong to doubt him earlier in the season. He's been our best player for a long time now. A few of the outfield players should look to mirror his consistency.

Sylar

Tbh, yeah its outrageous that he can pull of world class saves nearly every game then almost always our defence will do something stupid and it leads to a goal. Our defence has cost him so many clean sheet bonuses last two seasons.

binary bot
Coincidence that he looks brave as a charging Schmeichel in one on one's since Valdes started training with us?
You can spot points in De Gea's career where he made errors and worked on them with the GK coach - catching/punching being the most obvious. I'd be very surprised if they didn't work on coming off his line following Leicester.

kotha

It might just be a coincidence,but ever since Valdes has been training with us it feels like DDG has suddenly become imposing in one on one situations.. Not that he was bad before(the save of suarez comes to mind),but these days I have immense confidence that he ll stop even one on one's.. Or maybe all of it is just down to Hoek.. Anyway hope he signs an extension in the near future..

ZDwyr

Happy birthday Dave! Give him a nice new contract as a present...

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Give him the keys to Manchester, his own doughnut shop, Lou Macari's chippy, whatever he wants. Just get him signed up asap!

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
It is a bit of a worry that Real are going to be in the market for a keeper, and that De Gea is the obvious choice.

NK86

It is a bit of a worry that Real are going to be in the market for a keeper, and that De Gea is the obvious choice.
Real have just bought a young keeper if I am not mistaken. I think DDG might want to return to Spain at some point but I hope that is not for at least another 10-12 years.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It might just be a coincidence,but ever since Valdes has been training with us it feels like DDG has suddenly become imposing in one on one situations.. Not that he was bad before(the save of suarez comes to mind),but these days I have immense confidence that he ll stop even one on one's.. Or maybe all of it is just down to Hoek.. Anyway hope he signs an extension in the near future..
Was really pleased with his block on Aguero's one v one. Had been slow off his line in similar situations earlier this season but shot off his line this time. Hopefully the dead leg won't put him off doing it again!

steeeb

We REALLY need to get him signed up with Real sniffing around. If he does go - and it's kinda understandable why he might, then we need some big money for him so we can get in a replacement.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thank god that he is happy here, and that he is a true Atleti fan, which should stop him hopefully going aslong as we treat him fairly and with respect.

Phil Duck

So the word on twitter is that he will be at Real Madrid next season, that's great, we should be looking to sign players that are not "destined" to go to Madrid at some point, we should focus on signing a British GK next time.

Who represents De Gea? Mendes?

Trizy

I think he'll sign a new contract, I honestly don't care if it means him as the highest paid keeper in the league.

All these rumors about Madrid are making me nervous though, I'd actually be hart broken if they took our Spainish Dave :(

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
So the word on twitter is that he will be at Real Madrid next season, that's great, we should be looking to sign players that are not "destined" to go to Madrid at some point, we should focus on signing a British GK next time.

What exactly does 'the word on Twitter' mean?

You realise that's no different to saying 'the word on the internet'?

People on Twitter are no more reliable than anywhere else, and if it's coming from The Express story that he'll go to Madrid if we fail to get into the CL then it can be filed under bollocks, just like everything that 'newspaper' has ever reported, ever.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I think he'll sign a new contract, I honestly don't care if it means him as the highest paid keeper in the league.

All these rumors about Madrid are making me nervous though, I'd actually be hart broken if they took our Spainish Dave :(
Not only don't I care, I think it would be well deserved.

Redo91

Nothing whatsoever on twitter suggesting that.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No chance will we let that handsome magnificent bastard leave. I think he will want to repay us too for having faith in him. He seem's a loyal guy and is clearly happy here. He can go back to Atletico when he is 40.

Trizy

Him signing a new contract will be as good as the Di Maria signing :drool:

RuudTom83

Also DDG is having to work with a different CB pairing every matchday. United have used something like 12 different CB pairings already this season, ffs sort it out United and make DDG's life easier.

Blue always red

Best keeper in the league and I'm sure if we weren't shit at the minute and higher up in the league, many would argue him being the best in the world, which I agree with.

Trizy

Best keeper in the league and I'm sure if we weren't shit at the minute and higher up in the league, many would argue him being the best in the world, which I agree with.
I agree he's one of the best in the world anyway, most likely 2nd best but Neuer however is head and shoulders the best.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
he's definitely not better than Courtois and if he is then the difference is marginal at most. I find them difficult to separate, DDG's the better shot stopper but Courtois is definitely the more commanding and better with set pieces. Combine them both and you'd get the perfect GK.

Raw

he's definitely not better than Courtois and if he is then the difference is marginal at most. I find them difficult to separate, DDG's the better shot stopper but Courtois is definitely the more commanding and better with set pieces. Combine them both and you'd get the perfect GK.
Courtois hasn't really been all that this season, probably still getting used to English football.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Also DDG is having to work with a different CB pairing every matchday. United have used something like 12 different CB pairings already this season, ffs sort it out United and make DDG's life easier.
Yes. We've reached the point where I'm surprised if we finish a game with the same centreback pair that started. Repeating formations still sounds like daydreaming.

Oggmonster

Courtois hasn't really been all that this season, probably still getting used to English football.
I think that's slightly unfair, I can't think of a single mistake he's made. Maybe he has a bigger advantage than de Gea as he actually has a good defence in front of him but he himself as done nothing wrong that I can think of.