View full 2014-15 profile

6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Rossa

Should come as no bloody surprise that he was voted best player of the month. He has so many class saves, but above all, he is starting to imitate VDS by rarely making mistakes these days - soon to be Mr. Consistency.

MDFC Manager

Should come as no bloody surprise that he was voted best player of the month. He has so many class saves, but above all, he is starting to imitate VDS by rarely making mistakes these days - soon to be Mr. Consistency.
And still only 24...

MoneyMay

Thought I'd leave this here. Good work by Dan Kennet.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
He has turned into a world class player i have to say, when he arrived we could all see his saving was top notch but his all round game lacked. Seems to have put his head down and worked his socks off to improve.

Oo0AahCantona

Wouldnt swap him for any keeper in the world. Sure, neuer is currently the top of the trade, but everything about de gea, and the character he brings is just fantastic. best shot stopper in the world.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He deserves much better, now we won't keep a clean sheet again especially after the red.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
This guy is a genuine legend. Our results would look like dog's mess without De Gea.

Count Orduck

Yet another performance where he plays out of skin to keep us in it, only to be horribly let down by all our other defenders.

He's not going to want to stick around when everything he does turns out to be for naught. He's too good for us at the moment.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Keeping us in the game, once again.

His task is made harder by the feckheads 'defending' in front of him.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
We're probably gonna need a legendary performance to keep a clean sheet today. As in Neuer vs us 2010/11 legendary.

Sylar

The guy would be breaking clean sheet records if it it wasnt for that non existent defence in front of him.

thejtrain

Imagine DDG in the era when Ferdy and Vidic were at the peak of their careers! We would have simply forgotten about conceding that our only worry would have been about scoring!

OneUnited24

Imagine DDG in the era when Ferdy and Vidic were at the peak of their careers! We would have simply forgotten about conceding that our only worry would have been about scoring!
We did... His name was VDS.

Its scary how much DDG reminds me of him

Acole9

Outstanding
Giving him a new long term contract should be treated as top priority.

ZDwyr

I feel bad for him that he plays absolute blinders and yet we still lose. He must go insane with that defence in front of him.

Trizy

I feel bad for him that he plays absolute blinders and yet we still lose.
That's the general feeling for every fan after a game we lose or even concede a stupid goal in. Poor De Gea, such a beast.

Stadjer

We did... His name was VDS.

Its scary how much DDG reminds me of him
Van der Sar didnt have De Gea his reflexes and de Gea isnt influencing the defence like van der Sar could... not yet anyway but it improves with age and experience.

However i believe he was called 'the next van der Sar' while he was still playing in Spain?

Oo0AahCantona

For his own sake he should probably just move to madrid, after a year he would be looked at in the same vein as neuer. He's starting to look out of place in our team, streets ahead apart from di maria.

OneUnited24

Van der Sar didnt have De Gea his reflexes and de Gea isnt influencing the defence like van der Sar could... not yet anyway but it improves with age and experience.

However i believe he was called 'the next van der Sar' while he was still playing in Spain?
VDS in his prime (and even for us) was a brilliant shot stopper. I think DDG has the advantage over him but the similarities are striking. Both commanding with crosses, good shot stopping, great distribution and are good with their feet.

NinjaFletch

I still think he has a lot of work to do to be the player some people are seeing in here.

His shot stopping is excellent, world class in fact, possibly the best in the business. But I still don't think he commands his back 4 well enough, is confident enough coming to get the ball (either along the ground or in the air) and his distribution has regressed since he's been here.

Obviously a few of those are issues of not having a settled back 4 he trusts in front of him as much as anything, but when you have a look at VDS by comparison there's a lot to work on.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Coincidence that he looks brave as a charging Schmeichel in one on one's since Valdes started training with us?