g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
David de Gea image 1

David de Gea Spain flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

6.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Not sure that Sergio speaks English yet, so the communication thing is moot.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Didn't say I agree but that's what he's getting at.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I have seen De Gea having a proper go at the players infront of him plenty times this season.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Yeah, perhaps so. :)

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
David James :lol: How can anyone take the clown seriously?!

Gifted us the FA cup and the league though. Superb red. :cool:

Get back on the playstation David and stop embarrassing yourself

stu_1992

I get the point he trying to say, but it's idiotic. Definitely just a case of saying something controversial just to be different.

Last edited:

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I get the point he trying to said, but it's idiotic. Definitely just a case of saying something controversial just to be different.
You do? What point is that?

To me it looks like he's looked at our stats, saw the clean sheets at the start of the season and based his opinion on that.

stu_1992

You do? What point is that?

To me it looks like he's looked at our stats, saw the clean sheets at the start of the season and based his opinion on that.
Well it seems like he's saying that De Gea isn't good at the defensive organizational part of the game as Romero is, and therefore it affects how we play. I don'tr agree at all, and yeah he probably has just had a look at the stats and said the first thing that's come into his head.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Has to be this :lol:

What a stupid thing to say. Unless the title is misleading? I haven't even bothered clicking it.
Nothing misleading unfortunately. The title is pretty much what James says. Here's the quote from the padded-out article:

“When he plays Manchester United do let in quite a few goals,” James, speaking on De Gea, told Star Sports. “Romero starts the season with three clean sheets. People were questioning why De Gea wasn’t playing, then he comes back and has one clean sheet.

Asked whether he feels De Gea is not commanding enough, James replied: “I think he makes some wonderful saves; he’s very athletic. But I think, in the bigger picture of the goalkeeping art, he doesn’t help Manchester United as much as perhaps Romero can.
As has been said, he's looked at the stats, and not the games. Did he watch Romero dive out of the way of Gomis weak shot at Swansea? Did he watch De Gea keep us in the lead at Southampton on 2 or 3 occasions? Probably not. He probably didn't watch those first 3 games either, or else he'd know 2 out of 3 of those clean sheets were practically effortless. Villa and Newcastle were muck.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Nothing misleading unfortunately. The title is pretty much what James says. Here's the quote from the padded-out article:

As has been said, he's looked at the stats, and not the games. Did he watch Romero dive out of the way of Gomis weak shot at Swansea? Did he watch De Gea keep us in the lead at Southampton on 2 or 3 occasions? Probably not. He probably didn't watch those first 3 games either, or else he'd know 2 out of 3 of those clean sheets were practically effortless. Villa and Newcastle were muck.
He's a fecking idiot. I was about to say thank you for posting the article, but I feel poorer after reading that, so no thanks for sharing your misery! :lol: ;) *thanks bro, only joking*

ZDwyr

Not sure what he was doing for the first. Don't blame him directly, just seemed like an odd movement. Other than that nothing he could do.

Jagga7

He just jumped out of his goal while Sanchez was ahead of him. It's definitely a mistake.

Adisa

Has Del Bosque even giving an explanation why Casillas still starts the big games?

El-Manos

People claiming Neuer is still number 1 are basing this on his reputation. De Gea has been the best in the world for a while now in my opinion.

Adisa

People claiming Neuer is still number 1 are basing this on his reputation. De Gea has been the best in the world for a while now in my opinion.
Been saying the same for sometime but I think it's unfashionable. Mayber cause Neuer is more flamboyant but he's more erratic also.

Status
Not open for further replies.