g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
David de Gea image 1

David de Gea Spain flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

6.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
His kicking was a bit off but besides that he was just brilliant again. Him and Neuer must be the two best goalkeeper by a mile

Acole9

Outstanding
I might just be bias but how can people say Courtois is better than De Gea? He's definitely the best in the Premier League and for me the second best in the world after Neuer of course. Don't get me wrong I do think Courtois is class but he's not quite as good as De Gea.

Having a world class goalkeeper is so important, he very rarely makes a mistake and quite often wins points for us on his own. The save from Fonte was out of this world.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He has single handedly won us more points than any other player these past 28 months or so.

LeftyBlaster

At what point does our reliance on him run out become a worry? If it wasn't for his heroics we'd have been either drawing or losing seeing 66% of our goals came from

1) Offside

2) Defensive brain fart

United again!

If you guys haven't in a while, go back and watch the Ferguson last season review, Moyes season review and the Van Gaal season review just gone. (You can find filthy pigs who have uploaded torrents of all three so you can report them)
A homage of all of his best saves in every game, just absolutely outrageous this lad. Love him to death.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was a captain after Rooney went out? :lol:
Was he? Smalling went off too and there was no Carrick so he could have been. BFS should really have got it though if that's the case

Revan

Assumptionman
He was a captain after Rooney went out? :lol:
To be fair, only Rooney, Carrick and Valencia have played more matches for us than him. If he had signed the contract last season, I think that he would have been chosen as third captain, ahead of Smalling.

Happy to see him getting the armband though. Although it was clear that armband or not, BFS was the leader on the pitch.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
To be fair, only Rooney, Carrick and Valencia have played more matches for us than him. If he had signed the contract last season, I think that he would have been chosen as third captain, ahead of Smalling.

Happy to see him getting the armband though. Although it was clear that armband or not, BFS was the leader on the pitch.
If he signed last season, but he didnt and he wanted to leave the club in the last transfer period which ended few weeks ago! He wasnt able to play from the start of the season because his head wasnt in the right place and now he is the captain of the club, its a joke.

Jerch

If he signed last season, but he didnt and he wanted to leave the club in the last transfer period which ended few weeks ago! He wasnt able to play from the start of the season because his head wasnt in the right place and now he is the captain of the club, its a joke.
ok

Revan

Assumptionman
ok

Traub

I have no doubt a lot of the other players look up to him ability wise. Let's be honest, he is our best player ability wise in the squad. He is also one of the most senior players and has probably helped many of the Spanish speaking players settle into the squad. I have no problem making him 4th choice captain.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Basti buttering up DDG for us there, making him feel respected, hopefully so that he stays after summer. LVG's agent. :P

Smart on Basti's end, I'd say. He's probably LVG's inside man in the club, the most trusted one, not Rooney.
All this talk about Rooney being consulted for team selections and cuisine and being made captain and undroppable is to make sure LVG has control over the squad, since they all look upto Rooney. It's a tactical decision.

Basti's the alpha male there.

BarstoolProphet

ok

ThePlaymaker

I might just be bias but how can people say Courtois is better than De Gea? He's definitely the best in the Premier League and for me the second best in the world after Neuer of course. Don't get me wrong I do think Courtois is class but he's not quite as good as De Gea.

Having a world class goalkeeper is so important, he very rarely makes a mistake and quite often wins points for us on his own. The save from Fonte was out of this world.
In terms of reflex, kicks, and sweeping, Courtois is no where near De Gea. But in terms of dominating the box Courtois is better, arguably even better than Neuer.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
In terms of reflex, kicks, and sweeping, Courtois is no where near De Gea. But in terms of dominating the box Courtois is better, arguably even better than Neuer.
Courtois is just a massive guy in general, so he is going to outshine both of them. Like you said in terms of those other skills, he is no where near them.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Is he? I wouldn't say so, he is prone to coning out for balls that he will never get. I recall the two Thiago Silva headers against Chelsea last season where Courtios got lucky on the first for being in no man's land and then was punished for the second occasion by a goal.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I know that everybody thinks that they have the best looking wife, but I truly believe we have the best GK in the World, in DDG.
I said this during the Summer saga and no doubt Madrid believed this as well.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I have watched almost every Neuer game in the past 12 month and Imo, he isn't better than De Gea.

SATA

He has been at the club since 2011 so I think he should be considered a senior player though he's only 24. Times flies!

Trizy

I have watched almost every Neuer game in the past 12 month and Imo, he isn't better than De Gea.

Agreed. He's the 'cool' goalkeeper to like because he does come out for mad balls and sweeping where no other keeper would risk, that's the only reason people mention him being better than De Gea when in fact he's not as good.

Anytime you see Neuer pop up on a facebook page its because he's up at the half way line dribbling past a player whereas De Gea is in the newsfeed for an impossible save. That's the difference.

Man Utd 3:0 Sunderland

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I'm sure the question's been asked and answered before but have there been many other keepers in history that save the ball as often with their feet? I find it genuinely ridiculous how good he is at it. It feels like he's uniquely good at it.

Devil may care

I'm sure the question's been asked and answered before but have there been many other keepers in history that save the ball as often with their feet? I find it genuinely ridiculous how good he is at it. It feels like he's uniquely good at it.
You stole my post. :(

Trizy

Nice clean sheet for him, never looked like letting in a goal.

RedStarUnited

Ive always wondered why keepers ignored using their feet. There are goals like the Swansea winner where I reckon id save simply because im not a keeper and would favor using my feet more.

Agreed. He's the 'cool' goalkeeper to like because he does come out for mad balls and sweeping where no other keeper would risk, that's the only reason people mention him being better than De Gea when in fact he's not as good.

Anytime you see Neuer pop up on a facebook page its because he's up at the half way line dribbling past a player whereas De Gea is in the newsfeed for an impossible save. That's the difference.
Yep, when it come to goalkeeping stuff, De Gea has Neuer beat for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.