Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I'm not having athe Neuer is better than this guy argument.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
During the contract wrangle and the long thread made about it, I stated that he was the best GK in the World.
I still believe this.
His saves today didn't really surprise me - it's what I expect of the best GK in the World.

El Zoido

Best in the world, no doubt about that. He'll be off to Madrid next summer so I hope we can arrange a suitable replacement.

Raw

Just imagine, we could have lost him for free next season or got an inferior keeper this summer.

Would have been such a nightmare to have Madrid get De Gea for feck all

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Showed his value to us today with a couple of brilliant saves. Irrespective of what he does next summer, he's invaluable to us.

Ricardo de la Vega

This can't be an opinion anymore. Neuer is just not as good as DDG, not at all. I never rated Neuer, but I'm not biased, DDG is already better than Neuer/Courtois ever was.
If you "never rated Neuer" you don't really know what you're talking about. Whether David is better than him is a real debate I feel - its close and they're both top class keepers - but "never rated Neuer"? Seriously?

thejtrain

If you "never rated Neuer" you don't really know what you're talking about. Whether David is better than him is a real debate I feel - its close and they're both top class keepers - but "never rated Neuer"? Seriously?
Never rated him as the world's best, yes, seriously.

Sam

He's just insanely good. He really does make saves that he just has no right too.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
I'd love to see a compilation of just opposing fans' reactions when he stops a surefire goal. The hands on head and that "yeeeaooohhwha???" sound - love it!

ZDwyr

After a tough summer where he slipped down my list of favourite players it is safe to say he is back on top. What a man :drool:. Won't get into the best in the world debate but all I know is that I wouldn't trade him for Neuer or Courtois.

Ricardo de la Vega

Never rated him as the world's best, yes, seriously.
Thats fair enough. Its a judgement call after all - you're entitled to your opinion about whos the best. The suggestion was however that you didnt "rate" Neuer generally - which would of course be absolutely ridiculous.

The Azzurri

It's crazy that he still yet to keep a clean sheet this season and Romero has got 2.

ricky-romeo

incredible to think that romero has to face only 3 or 4 shots on goal in 4 or 5 games yet de gea needs to make 4 or 5 top saves every single game he's played in.

suheilsworld

Thank heavens for a crappy internet connection and a hapless fax machine at Bernabeu!! We would have been in the 2nd half of the table if it wasn't for this guy in the last couple of games. He will be craving for a solid defense in front of him. What a gk!! World Class!!! Currently he is probably 1st or 2nd best in the world

We need an rvn

And that he faced teams that offered feck all up front apart from Swansea, where Romero did poorly in.
Also true. Hopefully he'll be rewarded with a few clean sheets soon the guy deserves, although it's clear to a lot of us, and hopefully big Dave is aware of this, just how important and appreciated he is by us

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
incredible to think that romero has to face only 3 or 4 shots on goal in 4 or 5 games yet de gea needs to make 4 or 5 top saves every single game he's played in.
He wasn't tested in his first 3 games against poor opponents. He was sloppy and conceded 2 goals in his 4th.

ricky-romeo

that's why i hope the defense can help him a bit here and give him an easier time in goal and get some clean sheets too.

After a tough summer where he slipped down my list of favourite players it is safe to say he is back on top. What a man :drool:. Won't get into the best in the world debate but all I know is that I wouldn't trade him for Neuer or Courtois.
Hes a season or two ahead of Courtois in his development. Since Chelsea's defence has faltered hes shown some of the same weaknesses De Gea had in the early stages. Best in the world is tough to say, but best in the league undoubtedly.

DDG also needs to wake up a little. Hes had some dodgy kicks in the last few games, something he is usually excellent at.

ZDwyr

Hes a season or two ahead of Courtois in his development. Since Chelsea's defence has faltered hes shown some of the same weaknesses De Gea had in the early stages. Best in the world is tough to say, but best in the league undoubtedly.

DDG also needs to wake up a little. Hes had some dodgy kicks in the last few games, something he is usually excellent at.
He seems more hesitant when Fellaini isn't on the pitch. He is usually pretty accurate hitting him when he is under pressure but without the 'Fellaini out-ball' he seems to panic and put them out of play a lot.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Signing of the summer!

I agree, him being the best on the planet isn't an opinion anymore. He had no right to get to that header last night.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Made it into the top 10 plays of the day on ESPN even with a full day of NFL games, but they picked the wrong save. Silly Yanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.