Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZDwyr

Van Gaal has praised him a few times I think. The Everton game at OT last season and the CSKA game a few weeks ago come to mind. He probably wasn't happy with De Gea's performance aside from that one save? His distribution was poor and he should have come and claimed the ball which eventually led to that save he made.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Van Gaal has praised him a few times I think. The Everton game at OT last season and the CSKA game a few weeks ago come to mind. He probably wasn't happy with De Gea's performance aside from that one save? His distribution was poor and he should have come and claimed the ball which eventually led to that save he made.
I think he made the right choice not to come, he wouldve had to come through two players to get there and even then would've been stretching. This was a rare moment where Smalling deserves a little criticism for not heading it would for a corner.

Trizy

Hope he watched the El Classico and realized that he better stay here if he wants to have a shot at winning something :)
Indeed and once Real lose Ronaldo or he stays there and declines they're gonna be Barcelona's bitch for another 10 years.

Sam

That save was just beyond ridiculous. Best keeper in the world.

Acole9

Outstanding
Two brilliant saves to win us the match. Although I went for Memphis as man of the match.

Annahnomoss

Never seen a goalkeeper with that sort of consistency as a match winner. Under Moyes all the doubts were if he could provide as many key moments if we were actually playing good football to and not conceding so many shots and chances. This year in the league we've conceded the least goals and have the second fewest shots on target conceded per game and he hasn't dropped his impact one bit.

Halftrack

Never seen a goalkeeper with that sort of consistency as a match winner. Under Moyes all the doubts were if he could provide as many key moments if we were actually playing good football to and not conceding so many shots and chances. This year in the league we've conceded the least goals and have the second fewest shots on target conceded per game and he hasn't dropped his impact one bit.
Aye, and that's what you want from a keeper. The ability to concentrate and stay focused despite not seeing any real action is what makes a top keeper.

I'm stating the obvious, I know.

CG1010

Missed the game but just watched the highlights. What a save of Smalling's header which would have gone in! In the match it was nullifed by Watford's goal keeper of a save of Smalling's header again, later on.

Man Utd 0:0 PSV

YzWayne

Shortlisted for 2015 FifPro World XI

Goalkeepers: Buffon (Juventus), Casillas (Porto), De Gea (Manchester United), Navas (Real Madrid), Neuer (Bayern Munich).

ottosec

Navas on that list is also dodgy as feck. He was on the bench for half of the year.

Bwuk

Surely a two horse race between Dave & Neuer. The fact Dave didn't play in the Champions League last year might swing it for Neuer though.

Trizy

De Gea was better than Neuer last season but it will all come down to playing CL football.

Leicester 1:1 Man Utd

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Maybe a little harsh, but I don't think Vardy scores if he's on his line there.

Ixion

Yeah I'm a surprised it's not being said elsewhere but I thought DDG could have done a little better for the goal.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah, I think he made a mistake coming out as the angle was pretty tight already, and darmian did put pressure on the shot.

It's little differences though, 9/10 he closes the gap and blocks it, unfortunately he just didn't quite get it. Did well to stop ulloas shot in the 2nd half though.

Trizy

Gotta agree with the above, you shouldn't be conceding from that angel.

AKDevil

Should have done better. Weak attempt to stop shot and make life hard for Vardy. Maybe he had money on Vardy to get the record.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Disagree with the above, just a great finish.

Adam-Utd

Disagree with the above, just a great finish.
It really wasn't "great" though. Watch it again and see where it ends up, it's pretty much straight in the middle of the goal. If he stays on his line and he hits it the same way, he saves that 99/100 IMO.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
It really wasn't "great" though. Watch it again and see where it ends up, it's pretty much straight in the middle of the goal. If he stays on his line and he hits it the same way, he saves that 99/100 IMO.
But good strikers react to what the goalkeeper is doing. De Gea made the right decision, forcing the shot. Vardy just executed perfectly.

Adam-Utd

But good strikers react to what the goalkeeper is doing. De Gea made the right decision, forcing the shot. Vardy just executed perfectly.
He didn't look up at the goal once, it wasn't planned he just hit it and hoped, and luckily for him it went in. When your lucks in its in I guess.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Should have done better. Weak attempt to stop shot and make life hard for Vardy. Maybe he had money on Vardy to get the record.
It was his standard technique for one on ones, staying fairly upright. Looks lackadaisical when it doesn't pay off, agreed, but his percentages in those situations are awesome, so harsh to knock him.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
It was his standard technique for one on ones, staying fairly upright. Looks lackadaisical when it doesn't pay off, agreed, but his percentages in those situations are awesome, so harsh to knock him.
What is De Gea's percentage for one on ones?

Jippy

Staff

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
That's a good question and one to which a brief bit of google scouring to support my plucked from the air theory has yielded little fruit.
Nearest I can get is a backing of his shot saving percentage in the box, albeit not all of these will obviously be one on ones.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...hibaut-courtois-in-opta-stats-comparison.aspx

Damn being called out on internet ramblings.
:lol: Yeah, difficult to tell with those stats especially given the difference between the way both teams defended last season. Still, appreciate the useful stat table

Jippy

Staff
:lol: Yeah, difficult to tell with those stats especially given the difference between the way both teams defended last season. Still, appreciate the useful stat table
Just think it's harsh to blame ddg for the goal. Jesus, the guy has saved us so many points already and is making that claw out save, when the ball is behind him, his trademark. Nailed on for our POTY for the third year running.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Anyone noticed his distribution has gone to shit lately? He didn't have much work to do with his feet last game, but still he gave away very dangerous ball, Schweinsteiger saved his ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.