g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
David de Gea image 1

David de Gea Spain flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

6.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
But good strikers react to what the goalkeeper is doing. De Gea made the right decision, forcing the shot. Vardy just executed perfectly.
I think the forum members just don't like the idea that Vardy scored against us. Again.

Guys, we have arguably the best GK in the World. He made the right decision, but on the day, he was up against the league's best striker.
On other days, he'd save that, but on Saturday, he didn't. No big deal.
It was a fantastic through ball to Vardy and an unbelievable finish. Had Martial scored a goal like that, we'd be claiming that we have the best striker in the league, but because it was Vardy, DDG has to be at fault.

I'm just glad we only conceded 1 goal.

Loublaze

ATLien
De Gea reveals his greatest save....

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.../manchester-united-goalkeeper-de-gea-10538180

Manchester United goalkeeper De Gea reveals his greatest save
David de Gea has plenty of great saves to choose from and the Man Utd goalkeeper believes his greatest came in his first Reds season.
  • David de Gea has plenty of great saves to choose from and the Man Utd goalkeeper believes his greatest came in his first Reds season.

De Gea has a catalogue of great saves

David de Gea has produced so many superb saves in his four-and-a-half years with Manchester United and he cherishes one, in particular.

The Spaniard has picked out his denial of Juan Mata 's free-kick in Chelsea and United's frantic 3-3 draw from February 2012 as his greatest stop.

United had, moments earlier, completed their comeback from 3-0 down to level at Stamford Bridge through Javier Hernandez when Mata, who had scored an elegant volley earlier in the game, stood over a free-kick around 25 yards out from goal.

Mata's left-footed curler was headed for the top right-hand corner until De Gea managed to swivel his right arm around and palm the ball wide for a corner.

The United No.1, however, did concede a Mata free-kick the following season in United's 3-2 win at Chelsea.

De Gea's save was the first turning point in his United career.

"When you look back over a season there are lots of defining moments and key goals," he said in April 2012.

De Gea was beaten by Mata later in 2012
"But, I suppose, from a team point of view, and particularly from a personal point of view, the fact the save was right in the last minute was decisive.

"It gave me a huge confidence boost as well and that was important."

Last edited:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
David de Gea has plenty of great saves to choose from and the Man Utd goalkeeper believes his greatest came in his first Reds season.
  • David de Gea has plenty of great saves to choose from and the Man Utd goalkeeper believes his greatest came in his first Reds season.

" data-type="fb-share" data-action="article:10538180" data-content-image="http://i2.manchestereveningnews.co....ce/ALTERNATES/s1200/GettyImages-498728298.jpg">

" data-type="tw-share" data-action="article:10538180" data-content-image="">

" data-type="g-share" data-action="article:10538180" data-content-image="">

" data-type="ln-share" data-action="article:10538180" data-content-image="">
  • Shares
Anyone else have a suspicion what season it was from before reading the bulk of the article?

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
His performances can be described in 2 words most weeks...

"Thank you."

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Great save from Moses' one on one early in the game. His technique in those situations is so good, and so consistent. Never over-commits, but always seems to react well. Jedi reactions. You can't win them all (i.e Vardy last week) but his percentage in those situations must be better than most, if not everyone.

ZDwyr

Surprised he got MoTM. He was good, one of our best, but he spilled the cross that almost gave them a goal.

Skills

Snitch
I've voted him MoTM 6 times this season...
He's got 3 from me. Smalling has 6. But they've basically split it since Dave stopped being a twat and came back into the team after the transfer window. Martial has got 4 too.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Made some great saves, but also made his first mistake in a long while - dropped the ball from creswells cross and zarate nearly scored after Smalling volleyed it at his head.

Hopefully that's his 1 clanger of the season over. Apart from that though, fantastic as usual.

AKDevil

It was his standard technique for one on ones, staying fairly upright. Looks lackadaisical when it doesn't pay off, agreed, but his percentages in those situations are awesome, so harsh to knock him.
Guess so. Just to prove your point he stopped Moses yesterday doing exactly same thing. Technique puts onus on striker to beat him and more often than not, as he doesn't make decision for them, they freeze and fail. Despite my criticism of him last week, I think Hart should consider copying DDG. Concedes so many 1 v 1s as he flies out Schmeichel style and can't react/makes it too easy for striker.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This guy is just ridicilously good. Absolutely sensational overall, he wins you points.

DocRockter

Give him 500,000/wk, I don't care.. He needs to stay and set a standard for others to follow..

Skills

Snitch
We're wasting his time. I was desperate to keep him this summer even if we missed out on a £20m fee. I thought we were in position to kick on and win something this season and he would prove to be the difference at the top. But I was massively wrong.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Don't think he would stay beyond this season, especially if there is a release clause.

The only truly world class player in our squad.

Sb_16

All you self pitting feckers! We deserve him as much as he deserves us. He can make the most out of his career with us than the other club.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Sensational. This guy is worth his weight in gold to us at the moment. It would have been a cricket score if he weren't between the sticks.
He's off in the summer unless we get new personnel who change his mind. Ancelotti would be a good start.

Coxy

You guys really needed to stay in the champions league to keep him

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You guys really needed to stay in the champions league to keep him
Yeah, I think there was hope to keep him if we had a pretty successful season and showed we were back with the big teams in Europe, but failing like we did makes me pretty pessimistic about keeping him beyond this season really.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

We're wasting his time. I was desperate to keep him this summer even if we missed out on a £20m fee. I thought we were in position to kick on and win something this season and he would prove to be the difference at the top. But I was massively wrong.
How are we wasting his time? He has already won a league title and earns 250k pr week.

Last edited:

sunama

Baghdad Bob
:( he's too good for us at the moment.
Sadly I have to agree.

Years ago, Matt Le Tissier used to play for Southampton.
On a football management game (Sensible World of Soccer), when I looked at the values of Southampton players, they were all below £1M. Matt was the only £1M+ player @ £7M.

DDG is our Matt Le Tissier and it really does suck. Our one World class player and if our average form continues, I think he will be gone next Summer.
I hope he stays, though.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
He should be winning trophies with his ability. You can't blame him if he wants to leave.

El Zoido

Good words to hear from Dave. After all that's been printed about us these past couple of weeks we needed this.

Varun

Staff
:( he's too good for us at the moment.
No, he isn't. You're just blanking out the bigger picture and focusing on the immediate issues at the club. We remain one of the biggest clubs in the world and a big pull for players. We need to sort our shit but he certainly isn't "too good for us".

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
First time I have come into this thread since the weekend, can't believe there's not a single post criticising the Stanislas goal. Was like watching De Gea of 2011.

Along with a shaky moment against both West Ham and Wolfsburg which he got away with too. Not sure if it's complacency but hopefully he returns to as we have been accustomed to near perfect performances from him the last couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.