Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He's just brilliant. The fact that he has so few posts in his thread indicate how good he is because there's little need for discussion. Was key today, don't think we'd have won if it wasn't for him.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Apart from the Emre Can save, he did nothing special. Liverpool were just punting from long range.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Thank God Real's fax machine didn't work!

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Apart from the Emre Can save, he did nothing special. Liverpool were just punting from long range.
True, but he still delivers whenever he is called upon.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
He's just brilliant. The fact that he has so few posts in his thread indicate how good he is because there's little need for discussion. Was key today, don't think we'd have won if it wasn't for him.
Or it indicates how much posters love to moan :wenger:

Class performance as usual today. Just a class act.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I agree to a point. His kicking really is superb too though, and a very understated part of his game. Especially when he's under pressure. Mignolet shits it whenever anyone is within 15 yards of him, De Gea still manages to effortlessly stroke the ball towards Fellaini's head when someone his raining down on him.

He handled that terrible passback from Darmian well too.

Acole9

Outstanding
Man of the match and well deserved too, he won that match for just as much as Rooney did with the goal.

Rossa

"DDG was not a fantastic, marvelous goalkeeper today - it is only to be expected that he makes those saves." WTF is wrong with LVG? Seriously, feck me!

ChaddyP

who has the most EPL clean sheets? surely he is close to if not the leader himself

ChaddyP

"DDG was not a fantastic, marvelous goalkeeper today - it is only to be expected that he makes those saves." WTF is wrong with LVG? Seriously, feck me!
if you read the full quote its not really that controversial. LVG is not very articulate with his words, we should also remember this

Treble

He wants to say that we won today because we were good and not because DDG was fantastic...

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
So I'm going to make an unpopular post

All his saves today were fairly standard except for the one that went off his heel (which was lucky)

He is the best keeper in the league, but at times I think people go overboard

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

All his saves today were fairly standard except for the one that went off his heel (which was lucky)

The one from Can (?) was a very good stop and the one immediately after that he swatted away like a basketball block was reminiscent of the Great Dane.

I get what you're saying but I think it's more that we've become used to the saves he produces.

Rossa

if you read the full quote its not really that controversial. LVG is not very articulate with his words, we should also remember this
I know that is probably what he meant, but he is just awful to the media. Just say that he had a couple of great saves, but otherwise we defended well. Nothing wrong with bragging a bit.

Treble

If Mignolet were our keeper today, we would have lost the game. DDG is the difference between us and them now.

kopviolator

I agree

We're lucky to have him and he is the best but I don't think he did anything out of the ordinary today.

The Can save from outside was good but you'd expect any top class keeper to make that.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Agree. But I suppose it goes against the narrative that Liverpool battered us. They tested him with many regulation saves (barring one) and he made them.

Spock

Not sure what you mean by "standard". If we had Mignolet would we have kept a clean sheet? Probably not. Cech? Probably.

De Gea has raised the bar so high we have a hard time thinking about how fantastic a keeper he is. His positioning in 1v1 situations is extraordinary. The shot that hit the inside of his heel and went wide wasn't just luck. The double-save may not have measured up to his saves v Chelsea (Mata free kick) or Real (the kick save v Coentrao) but it was above "standard".

I don't think anyone was going overboard when they picked him MOTM today or best keeper in the league the last two or three seasons.

ZDwyr

I am not sure the save off his leg was that lucky. Maybe he was a little fortunate but he was good enough to get something on the ball. Put Mignolet or another 'keeper in that spot and I think it just goes through their legs and in. Got my MoTM vote. Mainly because the others were not that good.

A 3rd 'player of the year' in a row a real possibility?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I am not sure the save off his leg was that lucky. Maybe he was a little fortunate but he was good enough to get something on the ball. Put Mignolet or another 'keeper in that spot and I think it just goes through their legs and in. Got my MoTM vote. Mainly because the others were not that good.

I'm struggling to think of another contender right now. I'd have opted for Smalling, but he's looked quite shaky recently whereas DDG has consistently performed. Apart from that though, I can't think of anyone else who warrants it at all.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
While today wasn't a super performance by his standards, having someone as good as DDG really can be the difference between 3 points or not. I know there's no way to prove it but when I saw Cech against Liverpool, I thought for sure de Gea would have saved at least one of the goals that Liverpool scored. Cech shouldn't have palmed the ball for the first goal back into the box, the 2nd was probably unstoppable, and he got his hand to the 3rd.

Golden Nugget

I only saw a bit of the post match comments - can't remember if it was Carragher or Sounesss that said it, but they said it was a lucky save, but if that's the case he's been lucky all season. He makes his own 'luck' by putting himself in those positions. (Can't remember the exact words, but it was similar to that). I felt that was spot on.

Even the Lallana save - he made it look like nothing by rushing out and closing him down so quickly. Pretty much forced Lallana to make a quick decision.

settembrini

I don't understand why Liverpool were shooting from long range so much. It seemed deliberate but why? De Gea is our best player and very rarely beaten from outside the area. Poor tactics from Klopp.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I don't understand why Liverpool were shooting from long range so much. It seemed deliberate but why? De Gea is our best player and very rarely beaten from outside the area. Poor tactics from Klopp.
Reminded me a bit of De Gea's first(?) game against Spurs where they were all taking shots from miles away.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
United as a team have the most with 11 or 12. I'm guessing Romero was a part of 2-3 of them.
Cech and Hart have 10. Butland 9 and DDG has 8. Romero has 3. So we as a team, have 11.
Yeah I just checked the stats, Dave is 2 off Cech and Hart having played 4 games less than Cech and 2 less than Hart.

Status
Not open for further replies.